Like Tree151218Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2023, 10:12 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
It's up there with The Beguiled and HPD for me for his oddest 70s output ...
Speaking of oddly. All three are in the same Blu-ray box set i got soon after getting the player in 2021.

Coogan's Bluff, Joe Kidd, Play Misty, Sister Sara and Breezy (A real gem i'd never seen before) are the others by the way.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th January 2023, 10:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Speaking of oddly. All three are in the same Blu-ray box set i got soon after getting the player in 2021.

Coogan's Bluff, Joe Kidd, Play Misty, Sister Sara and Breezy (A real gem i'd never seen before) are the others by the way.
That 8-film Clint Eastwood Blu-ray set is a very fine one. I picked up the Scandinavian set instead of the UK one, because I found it cheaper, but I believe that the discs are identical.

Over the past couple of years I've picked up loads of Clint Blu-rays from Amazon Germany such as True Crime, City Heat, The Gauntlet, The Rookie, A Perfect World and probably quite a few others that I can't immediately recall.
Old 28th January 2023, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
That 8-film Clint Eastwood Blu-ray set is a very fine one. I picked up the Scandinavian set instead of the UK one, because I found it cheaper, but I believe that the discs are identical.

Over the past couple of years I've picked up loads of Clint Blu-rays from Amazon Germany such as True Crime, City Heat, The Gauntlet, The Rookie, A Perfect World and probably quite a few others that I can't immediately recall.
Finding the eight film set at cheaper than twenty quid is practically giving it away.

A Perfect World is of huge interest. It's 12 euros delivered. Thanks for mentioning.

To use Amazon Germany do you have to create a new account for them or does your UK one work to sign in with.

Edit - Tried it. It does. Pity gift card amounts aren't transferred either. My CC is maxed out at the moment.
Old 28th January 2023, 11:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Eiger Sanction is on BBC tonight, so will be on the iPlayer for a while. As Dem said, it's a terrific film with one of Clint Eastwood's best action roles.

I bought Ad Astra cheap from a seller on eBay. I've seen it a couple of times and it seems to improve with repeated viewings, so I'm interested to see what a third viewing will bring, especially with better AV quality than when I've seen it previously.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ad Astra.jpg (96.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 29th January 2023 at 10:24 AM.
Old 29th January 2023, 06:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Finding the eight film set at cheaper than twenty quid is practically giving it away.

A Perfect World is of huge interest. It's 12 euros delivered. Thanks for mentioning.

To use Amazon Germany do you have to create a new account for them or does your UK one work to sign in with.

Edit - Tried it. It does. Pity gift card amounts aren't transferred either. My CC is maxed out at the moment.
I think I got hold of my copy for about a tenner! I agree with your point though.

To use any of Amazon's international stores you just login with your existing Amazon UK email address and password.

I picked up A Perfect World for around four quid in one of the many promotions that Amazon Germany have. I paid similar amounts for all of the other Clint Eastwood Blu-rays that I purchased from them.
Old 29th January 2023, 06:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The Eiger Sanction is on BBC tonight, so will be on the iPlayer for a while. As Dem said, it's a terrific film with one of Clint Eastwood's best action roles.

I bought Ad Astra cheap from a seller on eBay. I've seen it a couple of times and it seems to improve with repeated viewings, so I'm interested to see what a third viewing will bring, especially with better AV quality than when I've seen it previously.
I noticed that The Eiger Sanction was on TV myself when channel surfing the other night. The first time that I ever watched the film was via a TV broadcast.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th January 2023, 07:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I noticed that The Eiger Sanction was on TV myself when channel surfing the other night. The first time that I ever watched the film was via a TV broadcast.
Same here.
Old 29th January 2023, 07:58 PM
Cult Addict

There's loads of Clint films I haven't seen. He's an actor i really had no time for once.

Last edited by J Harker; 29th January 2023 at 08:48 PM.
Old 29th January 2023, 09:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
There's loads of Clint films I haven't seen. He's an actor i really had no time for once.
I really enjoy his films, as both actor and director. When you think about it he's had one of the most remarkable careers in the history of cinema. The word legend is one of the most overused, and inappropriately used, words in the English language; but Clint Eastwood is one of the most iconic and legendary figures in cinema.
Old 29th January 2023, 09:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I really enjoy his films, as both actor and director. When you think about it he's had one of the most remarkable careers in the history of cinema. The word legend is one of the most overused, and inappropriately used, words in the English language; but Clint Eastwood is one of the most iconic and legendary figures in cinema.
Oh I don't disagree now. I'm older and find myself appreciating sides of cinema and actors I never did. I've a lot to catch up on. Michael Caine for instance is another actor I never liked but now appreciate far more. And no it has bugger all to do with Christopher Nolan.
The turnaround with Clint was probably catching up with the Dollars Trilogy, specifically The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, in my mid twenties.
I think age makes you appreciate age.

Like this? Share it using the links below!