Like Tree151213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd May 2023, 11:11 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Spurred on by the discussion in the 'What's Missing on Blu-ray' thread, I bought the Jerry Bruckheimer set for The Rock, Con Air, Crimson Tide and, to a lesser extent, Gone in 60 Seconds.

I already have Enemy of the State and, though the only version of Armageddon I have is the flipper DVD from before I had a DVD player and watched them on my laptop, it's not one I was in a rush to buy.

Similarly, I've only seen Pearl Harbor and DéjÃ* Vu once and thought the former was rubbish and the latter was okay, but I'm interested in giving them another watch.

As I bought a used copy, it's a lot of entertainment for £14.99!
Pearl Harbor isn't great by any means, however i can imagine it sounding great. Does it have a 7:1 soundtrack or Atmos or is it 5:1?
Old 23rd May 2023, 11:36 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Spurred on by the discussion in the 'What's Missing on Blu-ray' thread, I bought the Jerry Bruckheimer set for The Rock, Con Air, Crimson Tide and, to a lesser extent, Gone in 60 Seconds.

I already have Enemy of the State and, though the only version of Armageddon I have is the flipper DVD from before I had a DVD player and watched them on my laptop, it's not one I was in a rush to buy.

Similarly, I've only seen Pearl Harbor and DéjÃ* Vu once and thought the former was rubbish and the latter was okay, but I'm interested in giving them another watch.

As I bought a used copy, it's a lot of entertainment for £14.99!
I've considered that set before but the audio options listed on the back seem dubious. Armaggedon is the only one that appears to have a HD soundtrack option. The rest are all standard DD or DTS 5.1.

Attachment 246427

Attachment 246428
Old 23rd May 2023, 11:54 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I've considered that set before but the audio options listed on the back seem dubious. Armaggedon is the only one that appears to have a HD soundtrack option. The rest are all standard DD or DTS 5.1.

Attachment 246427

Attachment 246428
If i recall the individual release of Con Air sounded great. Deja Vu was nothing special though. Any ambient sound was drowned out by Scott's over use of music.

Con Air has an uncompressed audio 5:1 track which isn't mentioned on the cover.
Old 23rd May 2023, 02:59 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Pearl Harbor isn't great by any means, however i can imagine it sounding great. Does it have a 7:1 soundtrack or Atmos or is it 5:1?
The principal soundtrack is a lossless PCM 5.1 one, which should be good enough to provide an impressive sound stage for the Japanese attack and other surround elements, whether ballistics, explosions, voices, or music.

If there was a facility to rent discs, I'd like to compare the PCM 5.1 to the PCM 7.1-based Dolby Atmos soundtrack to see if those extra channels make much of a difference to the home viewing experience.
Old 24th May 2023, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Got these today from Cex .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51CPlR8NrEL._AC_.jpg (29.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 918MePCY-xL._AC_SX342_.jpg (33.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 71PFsXOFlMS._AC_SX342_.jpg (29.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 91GKiAbNzjL._AC_SY445_.jpg (39.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 91qhG1faJjL._AC_SX342_.jpg (35.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 24th May 2023, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nice finds there t!!!
trebor8273 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th May 2023, 01:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Arrived:

Old 26th May 2023, 10:52 PM
Cult Addict

Not a film. New addition to my figurine collection. Larry Talbot, aka The Wolf Man. 20230526_234559.jpg
Old 27th May 2023, 12:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

New arrivals this week. The Nightcomers from Network and Gunfight at the OK Corral from an Amazon marketplace seller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0841 (Large).jpg (96.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0623 (Large).jpg (97.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 28th May 2023, 12:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I took twenty dvd's to Cex this morning. Dvd's that were previously listed as giving 10p store credit and got £42 for them. They are stored in boxes in the garage to get rid of and i randomly priced three of them up and whilst two were still 10p the third was £1.20 so spent a good while on Friday and yesterday price checking.

Anyway, i picked up these whilst i was trading in.

I've got to know a couple of the assistants these past few months and we had a conversation about Clerks which easily could have come from an unreleased Clerks film. Except it wasn't about Star Wars vs Lord of the Rings it was about Kevin Smith and Clerks. It was quite surreal how it played out across the counter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0848 (Large).jpg (95.6 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!