Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Favourite Films of the Decade So Far (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13084-favourite-films-decade-so-far.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th July 2015 07:05 AM

Favourite Films of the Decade So Far
 
With the current decade now over halfway to completion, I thought it would be interesting to see what people's film highlights of the 2010s have been so far.

I recently started this list on Letterboxd detailing my current top 100 favourites, but it is a continually evolving beast as I watch more and more films from the current decade. Whilst I'd certainly recommend them all, the top 50 are all essential viewing, in my opinion.

Chat about your favourites here!

Demoncrat 16th July 2015 11:00 AM

Snowtown
Berberian Sound Studio
Beyond The Black Rainbow
Kill List
Sightseers
A Field In England

The Raid
Wrong Cops
Maniac
John Dies At The End

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th July 2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 456766)
Snowtown
Berberian Sound Studio
Beyond The Black Rainbow
Kill List
Sightseers
A Field In England

The Raid
Wrong Cops
Maniac
John Dies At The End

Some great choices there... I still need to see the ones highlighted.

Demoncrat 16th July 2015 11:14 AM

Both are worth it. Steve Oram is great in SS and WC is just wrong:lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th July 2015 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 456772)
Both are worth it. Steve Oram is great in SS and WC is just wrong:lol:

Having enjoyed both Rubber and Wrong, Wrong Cops is a must!! :D

Demoncrat 16th July 2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 456782)
Having enjoyed both Rubber and Wrong, Wrong Cops is a must!! :D

Dupieux is easily my favourite new director.
It probably would be Strickland, but still haven't seen Katalina Varga or his new one cough. Must do better!! :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th July 2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 456785)
Dupieux is easily my favourite new director.
It probably would be Strickland, but still haven't seen Katalina Varga or his new one cough. Must do better!! :lol:

Katalin Varga is definitely worth a watch. The Duke of Burgundy is one I want to check out eventually, and one I have a feeling will end up near the top of my list. :nod:

Wheatley is also one of my favourite new kids on the block where directing is concerned.

Demoncrat 16th July 2015 11:43 AM

Duly noted then.

Am hoping that Wheatley gets his take on Ballard's High-Rise off the ground....no pun intended cough

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 456786)

Wheatley is also one of my favourite new kids on the block where directing is concerned.

Great list B_E. :glitter:

Did you check out Wheatley's Doctor Who episodes last year? Deep Breath and Into the Dalek.

He brought his own flourishes too, not just a director for hire.

After listening to his commentary which is one of the most fun ones i've ever heard, he loved doing a Dalek story. The fella just talks non-stop. :nod: :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th July 2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 456810)
Great list B_E. :glitter:

Did you check out Wheatley's Doctor Who episodes last year? Deep Breath and Into the Dalek.

He brought his own flourishes too, not just a director for hire.

After listening to his commentary which is one of the most fun ones i've ever heard, he loved doing a Dalek story. The fella just talks non-stop. :nod: :lol:

I haven't, no (after all, you know my relationship with 'Nu-Who' is rocky at best! ;))

I might have to see if I can track them down on iPlayer at some point. :nod:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.