Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Movietyme no more. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13101-movietyme-no-more.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th July 2015 03:59 PM

Movietyme no more.

Looks like Movietyme are gone for good now folks. Here's the message you're greeted with on the site.

MovieTyme 1997 - 2015

Dear Customers:
After many happy years serving our customers with the latest DVD's & Blu ray movies the time has now sadly come to close down.
The industry has changed SO much over the past few years with Distributors closing , streaming services and download sites, and Amazon.
So effective today we are now closed for business, which breaks our heart because we love this job, we love and appreciate our customers and most of all WE LOVE MOVIES!
Customers with outstanding pre-orders can leave them open and we will ship them as soon as they reach street date (or before) as normal
or you can request a refund and we shall issue one immediately.
PLEASE NOTE: We will not be leaving any customer without their order(s) or refund(s) - we do not operate that way - WE do not and will never rip people off.
So from the heart we thank you all for many amazing years it has been a privilege and an honor to serve you

MovieTyme.com Team

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2015 04:24 PM

A sad day for movie buyers. The end of an institution.

Rik 29th July 2015 04:30 PM

Yeah, damn shame. I only used them a couple of times, but they were always quick.

Crimson Blade 29th July 2015 05:33 PM

Shocking that both Movietyme and DVDWorldUSA have gone. Used both several times over the years. :(
I wonder who'll be next?

How reliable are Diabolik? Heard good things about them but never ordered before. Any issues with customs charges?
Was also going to try Screen Archives Entertainment for some Code Red titles.

Demoncrat 29th July 2015 05:43 PM

Have never had any bother ordering from Diabolik. Haven't been scalped either by customs.

Crimson Blade 29th July 2015 06:04 PM

Cheers. Might give them a try.

JAMIOUSE 29th July 2015 06:15 PM

Such a shame, I used Movie Tyme a lot when I first went multiregional with my older DVD player.

bdc 29th July 2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 458169)
How reliable are Diabolik? Heard good things about them but never ordered before. Any issues with customs charges?

Diabolik are quick and you don't have any customs hassles. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th July 2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Blade (Post 458169)

Yeah, Diabolik are great. Quick, friendly and customs free. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th July 2015 08:18 PM

A sad day indeed.

The first I ever bought from was BU's BLIND DEAD coffin box when first released and been using them ever since.:crying: