All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2021, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I watched one!!

Santa Claus & The Ice Cream Bunny

Imagine if The Residents and The Singing Ringing Tree had a baby.
Santa is stuck in a nexus at the seaside. Some moles hinder his progress. He rallies the local children into a sort of revolution. All done in the best possible taste!!
Beat that!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 13th December 2021, 08:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well it's now official Christmas , the ultimate Christmas movie and my favourite Xmas film, the heartwarming tale taking place on Christmas eve of a new York cop in L.A.and a group of terrorists taking over a skyscraper.

You know it's not the Christmas season until you see Hans Gruber fall from nakatomi plaza!

Old 14th December 2021, 05:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Nightmare Before Christmas 1993.

Classic animation stop motion from producer Tim Burton who has a creative imagination and able to create a musical cartoon movie, with some good songs by Danny Elfman who also provides the singing voice for Jack Skeleton. For me this is well crafted with the oddball of Halloween town residents and always every town has a mad doctor of some such and a damsel in distress and a bad guy also becoming a hero.

scale.jpg
Old 14th December 2021, 05:43 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The Nightmare Before Christmas 1993.

Classic animation stop motion from producer Tim Burton who has a creative imagination and able to create a musical cartoon movie, with some good songs by Danny Elfman who also provides the singing voice for Jack Skeleton. For me this is well crafted with the oddball of Halloween town residents and always every town has a mad doctor of some such and a damsel in distress and a bad guy also becoming a hero.

Attachment 238054
One of my favourite movies ever, need to re-watch with my kid and scarred him for life
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.
Old 14th December 2021, 06:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
One of my favourite movies ever, need to re-watch with my kid and scarred him for life
You have great parenting skills Graveyard
Graveyard likes this.
Old 14th December 2021, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Batman Returns. 1992.

Michael Keaton returns as The Dark Knight of Gotham along with Michael Gough as Butler Alfred, this time facing Michelle Pfieffer as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, Danny DeVito as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin. Under the direction of Tim Burton and his version of a Gothic style themed city adds to the dark tone of the film. Burgess Meredith was always great to see in the T.V. show and DeVito's performance makes the character look even scarier. Christopher Walken is always great to watch as a schemer and able to pull strings but finally gets his karma.

Even though the original was probably marketed for kids, the two Tim Burton film's weren't, Warner Bros done a marketing Deal with McDonalds to help promote the film and when they saw a rough cut they backed out due to the violence that wasn't appropriate for kids. Being 11 years old when this came out I thought it was a classic and still is.

thumb-348982.jpg
Old 14th December 2021, 09:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Home Alone. 1990.

Leave a 8 year old boy home alone and social workers be banging down the door but in this neighbourhood 2 crooks are outsmarted by this little genius who is able to find some household stuff to use. Comical fun that still makes me laugh, Daniel stern and Joe Pesci make a good pair of burglars that fall foul of Macaulay Culkin.

512QVB8ZTEL._AC_SY445_.jpg
Old 14th December 2021, 09:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Black Christmas (1974)

A film i'm slowly warming to although i still don't think it the classic that many fans do.

Bob Clark's film about the girls at a sorority house terrorized by a maniac, firstly through obscene phone calls and then murder. What's different about this proto slasher is that the killer is actually hiding in the attic so as well as establishing a tone and mood for the forthcoming slasher phenomenon it also sets a precedent for the lesser filmed hider in the house genre.

Although the killer's identity is never determined we soon discover that they are in the sorority house which contributes immensely to the tension, however the films middle third veers away from the thrills to concentrate on sheriff John Saxon and his deputies searching the local area for what they believe is one of the madman's victims and there's a lot of comedy which detracts from the seriousness of the film itself.

Olivia Hussey and Margot Kidder are excellent as sorority sisters and give what could be stereotypical final girls some much needed screen presence.
Old 14th December 2021, 10:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. 1989.

We all stress about Christmas, getting things ready, making sure the house is all decorated and perfect, unless your name is Griswald then you know it won't go to planned. Right from the start you know its going to be a disaster.

Cheryl Chase and Beverly D'Angelo return as Clark and Ellen along with Randy Quaid as the slob Cousin Eddie who brings his own comedy to the film. I'm sure we all love the rant Clark gives out about his boss and Eddie makes his wish happen. Great comedy.

gL8ZDtAy8vO95aAnv1H5CR4CGMA.jpg
Old 15th December 2021, 05:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well,did the DIE HARD double bill last night into the early hours......won't see much tonights I reckons.....zzzzzzz

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!