Like Tree3037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2022, 09:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I rewatched this last night as well.

A lot of fun although it has to be said for me it never gets better than the opening few minutes where Santa slaughters James Caan and his bickering family round the dinner table.

The strip club massacre is also great fun.

At just shy of 80 minutes it doesn't outstay it's welcome but i prefer the Dutch film Sint when it comes to evil Saint Nick going on the rampage.
I find it a laugh with Pastor Timmons reading the names of the strippers in a remberence service
Old 3rd December 2022, 09:31 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I find it a laugh with Pastor Timmons reading the names of the strippers in a remberence service
Must admit when he read the name of Dixie Rect i laughed out loud.
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 3rd December 2022, 09:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
The sign outside the strip club with Tess Tickler got laughing thank first time watching it
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 3rd December 2022, 09:47 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The sign outside the strip club with Tess Tickler got laughing thank first time watching it
I also laughed when Santa was about to grab the pole, looked at it, screwed his face up then produced some cleaning fluid and a cloth before sticking it in someone's chest and electrocuting them.

There's definitely some wicked humour involved.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 3rd December 2022, 09:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Tales from the Crypt (1972)

Who doesn't love ushering in the Christmas period with a psycho Santa stalking the murderous Joan Collins round her house on Christmas Eve?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg santa baby.jpg (96.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 4th December 2022, 08:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

P2. 2007.

A business woman is persuade in a locked deserted car park by the security guard who has affections for her on Christmas Eve.

Before Mr Demdike may say something...not all car park security guards are psychotic or unbalanced in life

Wes Bently who at the time of filming was in the heavy drug addiction managed to pull off a decent psycho in this as the not so friendly night security guard who has a thing for Rachel Nichols and who wouldn't when she is in a nice white dress. This was a decent tense made movie where there is little places to hide from someone who knows the area like the back of his hand.

image.jpg
Old 4th December 2022, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
BOUNCER: "Where do you think you're going dressed like that?"

SANTA: "Why, I'm here to stuff some stockings!"
Old 4th December 2022, 01:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silent Night. 2021.

Simon and Nell invite friends and family for a perfect annual Christmas dinner except no one will survive the next 24 hours.

This was a blind watch for me, I thought this was going to be one of those home invasion movies, or family parties that end in everyone killing each other but nope it went in a different direction.

Right at the start there is a character build up with upper posh people that enjoy a few swear words and calling each other the C word along with the A word. Everyone seems to have their favourite family member and hate certain ones including cousins who the young generation seem to be focussed on voyeurism in a creepy way.

The acting isn't too bad especially with Keira Knightly trying to be a "toff" with hubby Matthew Goode who seem to enjoy everyone's pain in fighting and everyone trying to be a ear wig. This can have It's comedy moments and a lot of drama. This sort of film has been done before with same sort of ending and played out better but it can be predictable.

images (1).jpg
Old 5th December 2022, 01:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Violent Night. 2022.

When a group of mercenaries break into a family home to steal a fortune, Santa is making his annual stop at the same time and steps in to save the family and Christmas.

A combination of Die Hard and Home Alone but with some good laughs, the trailer made it look good and certainly is right at the start we see Santa drinking and taking off and shows us why you shouldn't drink and fly. John Leguizamo leads the mercenaries to Beverly D'Angelo and her family that doesn't go to plan when David Harbour steps in. Full of corny fight scenes and dialogue with a good about of blood splatter. Certainly worth a watch.

02-vn-dm-mobile-banner-1080x745-km-f01-091222-633dbc4a3bcf1-1.jpg
Old 5th December 2022, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Saint. 2010.

Every 32 years on December 5th and on the night of a full moon Sint Niklas comes not to give but to take. One man who knows the urban legend to be true and a teen looking for revenge on the death of his friends.

A different kind of Santa Clause (Sinterklass) one dressed as a bishop with his helpers "Black Piet" go on a rampage of taken where the locals seek revenge. Now years later they are a bit upset but carry on the tradition while everyone else seems to ignore whats goimg on around them. Dick Maas is able to create a somewhat horror on the urban legend and add in a mix of comedy. There is some creative kills and a nice bit of dark atmosphere mixed in.

3710d46df73c21fae54edd203874e2f74816b2bde63e25c171924909e6981bf9._UY500_UX667_RI_V_TTW_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!