LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th December 2022, 08:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Saint. 2010.

Every 32 years on December 5th and on the night of a full moon Sint Niklas comes not to give but to take. One man who knows the urban legend to be true and a teen looking for revenge on the death of his friends.

A different kind of Santa Clause (Sinterklass) one dressed as a bishop with his helpers "Black Piet" go on a rampage of taken where the locals seek revenge. Now years later they are a bit upset but carry on the tradition while everyone else seems to ignore whats goimg on around them. Dick Maas is able to create a somewhat horror on the urban legend and add in a mix of comedy. There is some creative kills and a nice bit of dark atmosphere mixed in.

Attachment 243731
One of tonight's films for me.
Old 5th December 2022, 09:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Beauty And The Beast: The Enchanted Christmas.

Belle discovers the Beast's hatred for Christmas and decides to try and change his mind while the pipe organ has other plans.

Set somewhere in the middle of the first movie with some of the cast returning along with Tim Curry as the pipe organ. For a film that is about 70 minutes long this did drag on at times, ok it's aimed for young kids but we are still big kids are heart but certainly not one for me to return to.

p_beautyandthe_beasttheenchantedchristmas_19917_99c951ea.jpg
Old 5th December 2022, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The first of various Scrooge movies I will be watching. This is a reimagining of the tale set in modern times , with have Bill Murray as selfish TV executive who visited by the ghost of Christmas past, present and future . While not Bills funniest movie it's still one I enjoy. Watch out for Murray's brothers in roles, his youngest plays his brother while his older brother plays his farther.
Old 5th December 2022, 11:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Black Christmas.1973

Classic festive season slasher film with a good star cast mixed wih a dark tense atmosphere and a ending that has you thinking "who exactly is Billy?" No matter how many times you watch this, you really do want to know who the killer is but Bob Clark left it to the viewer to come up with their own conclusion and how many people did he kill before the sorority sisters?

screen-shot-2019-06-13-at-3.18.00-pm.jpg
Old 6th December 2022, 03:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Red Snow. 2021.

A struggling vampire novelist suffering writers block thinks her luck will change when she meets a real vampire.

This was a blind watch for me and had little hope it be great but with Vernon Wells in it I gave it a chance and wished I hadn't. Even though this had old school effects with the killings the plot and acting was really shit. Had a interesting 10 minute start then it's like everyone tries their best to over act, Vernon Wells acting skills were wasted in this.

download (2).jpeg
Old 6th December 2022, 10:03 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Sint (2010)

I tell ya. After watching Exeter (2015) - see review in the What Films Have You Seen? thread - Dick Maas' film about the urban legend of the killer Saint Niklas rampaging across Amsterdam was like watching a Simon Schama documentary on Santa Claus.
Old 6th December 2022, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Night Train Murders. 1974.

Two friends Margaret and Lisa are heading to Italy from Germany to spend Christmas with Lisa's family. Two hodlums and a female nympho terrorize the girls on the train journey.

Basically at the start we see the hodlums not giving a shit about what they do or who they hurt especially attacking a guy dressed as Santa. Inspired by Wes C4aven's The Last House On The Left, director Aldo Lado tried stepping it up a notch to make things a bit more unbearable to watch.

Gianfranco De Frassi and Flavio Gucci play the hodlums and Macha Meril play the picked up lady who doesnt mind have a bonk in the train loo and also more preversed as her new accomplices, just a shame her smurk grin was never bitch slapped off her face by the victim's mother.

Night_Train_Murders_Sleeve.jpeg
Old 6th December 2022, 08:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Santa Clause

Tim Allen accidentally knocks Santa Claus of his roof and takes his place after putting the suit on. My favorite Xmas Trilogy, a Series, I always watch over Xmas.

Violent Night

David Harbour is The Santa is this Movie and he goes all Die Hard when Robbers try to steal a fortune from the house he was delivering too. I've seen The Trailer many times in a short space of time and there was a convenient showing for me and I was very very pleasantly surprised. It's full of Xmas pun lines, violent and funny (Unlikeable family members getting in the faces of The Robbers getting promptly punched) and a great reference to Home Alone.

Watch if you can

Santa Clause 2

Tim Allen is back and in order to keep being Santa, he has to find a Wife. Taking over for him is a strict, rule enforcing top replica. One of my favorite Xmas Movies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sc.jpg (12.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg sn.jpg (11.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg sc2.jpg (10.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 6th December 2022, 09:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Krampus. 2015.

Dysfunctional family get together, one side rich and the other...basically trailer trash sorts, one family member manages to catch the attention of the darker side of Christmas.

Dark comedy horror for this festive season with a good bunch of familiar actors set in one house and the demon slowly picking them off with his elves and a bag of toys. With the different films with the same title this is still better than the rest.

image.jpeg
Old 6th December 2022, 11:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fatman. 2020.

We got a spoilt rich kid who wants everything to go his way and wonders why he gets coal for a Christmas present and decides to hire a hitman to kill Santa. Santa himself is facing problems saving his business and enters a partnership with the U.S. Military.

Plenty of actors have played the jolly Kris Kringle over the years and here we have Mel Gibson in a different take on the character. Walton Goggins plays the hired hitman with a unusual technique...he takes his hamster with him to work and Chance Hurstfield as the spoilt rich kid.

I had no idea what to expect with this, I guess I was kinda expecting a cheesy film but instead this turned out be a comical action flick. Gibson as Santa is something I didn't expect him to pull it off well but he does a good job as so do the other actors. Certainly a film I'd recommend.

91JGfA8jKtL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!