All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th September 2016, 08:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Whether well-known, or relatively unknown, for what it's worth, below are my ranked film lists from 1968 - 2014 (I haven't seen enough films from 2015/2016 to make a good list as yet, although I have included my 2015 list).

If anything notable is missing it's either because I haven't seen it yet (shame on me!) or I want to re-watch it in order to rank it. Some of these lists need a little re-shuffling here and there, but hopefully you'll find a few things you might want to watch if you're inclined to take a look.

- 2015: Ranked
- 2014: Ranked
- 2013: Ranked
- 2012: Ranked
- 2011: Ranked
- 2010: Ranked
- 2009: Ranked
- 2008: Ranked
- 2007: Ranked
- 2006: Ranked
- 2005: Ranked
- 2004: Ranked
- 2003: Ranked
- 2002: Ranked
- 2001: Ranked
- 2000: Ranked
- 1999: Ranked
- 1998: Ranked
- 1997: Ranked
- 1996: Ranked
- 1995: Ranked
- 1994: Ranked
- 1993: Ranked
- 1992: Ranked
- 1991: Ranked
- 1990: Ranked
- 1989: Ranked
- 1988: Ranked
- 1987: Ranked
- 1986: Ranked
- 1985: Ranked
- 1984: Ranked
- 1983: Ranked
- 1982: Ranked
- 1981: Ranked
- 1980: Ranked
- 1979: Ranked
- 1978: Ranked
- 1977: Ranked
- 1976: Ranked
- 1975: Ranked
- 1974: Ranked
- 1973: Ranked
- 1972: Ranked
- 1971: Ranked
- 1970: Ranked
- 1969: Ranked
- 1968: Ranked
I almost started my Quest last night, and was looking at people suggestions for idea's, but i was a tadge tired been out all day walking the streets, im not a pc or a some sort of gigolo. (sorry im male so that'll make me a gigolo not a prostitute) sadly only action i get these days is in my dreams
Ive been Handing out leaflets and sticking them on cars to try drum up business its been quiet for these last few weeks for us, with schools going back.

But i still manage to watch

Whistle and I'll come you, which is on B E list so thank you B E for making me want to watch something ive been meaning to get round to.
Ive never got round to buying the boxset or seeing any of the series so since it was pretty short 40min r so i think, It gave me enough time to watch before i finally fell into the land of Zzzzzzz

It was beautifully shot and well done with the scenery and background, camera work everything was done extremely good.
And come across as quite touching because of its realism, about a professor who likes a walk and the seaside enjoying his own company having a picnic and looking at old graves. He has a disbelief in Ghost and spirits, but all that was soon to change, when he comes across a old whistle by a grave, he goes back to his Hotel room and cleans it up, and decides to give it a blow after reading the enstranged writing on the side Who is this who is coming? because there onwards he is slowly tormented by the strange supernatural and unexplained.
The success comes from the slow build up, attention to detail and atmosphere, Where its not what you see its what you imagining you are seeing (or not)
( The being outside in the fresh air scenes made me feel like i wanted to get out and do something similar) Beautifully shot and made
Even tho not a film its things like this that make me harp on about how goes to show you dont need much happening in it, if its done correct it'll keep you interest, and thats exactly what this did, i myself could watch stuff like this all day long over action packed, crash, bang, wallop, shit like San Andreas.
Only thing why was the character made to be a like a muttering bumbling idiot? Did Rowan Atkinson get his idea for Mr Bean of this character
Either way was pleasantly surprised how nice and well made it was and gripping to keep you interested. Definitely a recommendation if not seen and shall look forward to rest of the series when i get round to it.

Thanks B E
Old 13th September 2016, 10:52 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Very glad to hear you enjoyed it, gag.

Every one of the BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas installments are worthy watching in my opinion, so hopefully you'll enjoy the others too when/if you manage to check them out.
gag and Demoncrat like this.
Old 13th September 2016, 11:47 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Very glad to hear you enjoyed it, gag.

Every one of the BBC Ghost Stories for Christmas installments are worthy watching in my opinion, so hopefully you'll enjoy the others too when/if you manage to check them out.
I can't wait to get Bonfire Night out of the way so i can start watching them all again. The run up to Christmas just wouldn't be the same without them.
Old 13th September 2016, 12:06 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I can't wait to get Bonfire Night out of the way so i can start watching them all again. The run up to Christmas just wouldn't be the same without them.
Same - although I tend to start watching them in December (can't usurp Noir November!)
Old 13th September 2016, 12:11 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Same - although I tend to start watching them in December (can't usurp Noir November!)
I have so much to watch tv wise in the run up to Christmas it will be a case of fitting everything in. From modern things like the first two series of American Horror Story and Moondial to all these Network releases - Mystery and Imagination, Beasts, The Owl Service, Raven, Shadows series 1 and 3, and Into the Labyrinth, plus Armchair Thriller which i'll be receiving for my birthday.

I have to watch the Ghost Stories for Christmas set and the Robert Powell read set as well.

Then there's the films....
Old 13th September 2016, 12:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I have so much to watch tv wise in the run up to Christmas it will be a case of fitting everything in. From modern things like the first two series of American Horror Story and Moondial to all these Network releases - Mystery and Imagination, Beasts, The Owl Service, Raven, Shadows series 1 and 3, and Into the Labyrinth, plus Armchair Thriller which i'll be receiving for my birthday.

I have to watch the Ghost Stories for Christmas set and the Robert Powell read set as well.

Then there's the films....
Tell me about it!

I still have a tonne of TV to watch too, although I'll generally sacrifice watching TV in favour of films, especially if I'm planning on doing a 'themed' month. I won't be sacrificing the annual Ghost Stories for Christmas tradition, however.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 13th September 2016, 12:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Tell me about it!

I still have a tonne of TV to watch too, although I'll generally sacrifice watching TV in favour of films, especially if I'm planning on doing a 'themed' month. I won't be sacrificing the annual Ghost Stories for Christmas tradition, however.
I'm a bit behind with my sci-fi reviews, must catch up, today if possible.

It's weird. Now we are on sci-fi month i'm desperate to watch films like The Fog and Halloween. Come October, i'll be wanting to watch The Black Hole and Dark City.
Old 13th September 2016, 01:06 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm a bit behind with my sci-fi reviews, must catch up, today if possible.

It's weird. Now we are on sci-fi month i'm desperate to watch films like The Fog and Halloween. Come October, i'll be wanting to watch The Black Hole and Dark City.
I've still a couple to post too.

In terms of horror, I'm aching to watch Symptoms and The Witch - not long to go now...

December will be a bit of a 'free for all' month for me I think, where I'll just try and catch up on a few things I've been putting off due to the various themed months (Female Prisoner Scorpion etc.)
Old 14th September 2016, 02:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I think Twisted nerve and Peeping tom are underated British psychological horror at their best, shame they dont make more films like these instead of churning out controversial films to outdo each other, quite frankly im getting bored of those type of films that offer nowt but controversy, dont mind gore like they had in 80s films, but gore for no other reason except to be gory YAWN, ok if it offers some kind of interest eg Peter Jackson Braindead.
Peeping Tom far "sicker" than Psycho imho. I will plug TW while there is breath in my body.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th September 2016, 06:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

1999 idle hands

2000 battle royal

2001 ich the killer

2002 bubba ho tep

2003 Willard

2004 mean girls

2005 batman begins

2006 wicker man (final cut)

2007 trick r treat

2008 enchanted

Like this? Share it using the links below!