Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   One film from every year 1968 to present day (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/13410-one-film-every-year-1968-present-day.html)

gag 10th September 2016 08:27 PM

One film from every year 1968 to present day

Recomemd me a film for each year from 1968 to 1978
Preferably something not to well known, from each year,
eg last house on left, ghostbusters tcm. (are to well known)
And then when i watch what ive decided i review the film as well.

After that lot ill ask for the next ten
Better still give me some British and some not then i end up watching 2 from each year 96 :scared::lol:

Inspector Abberline 10th September 2016 08:29 PM

A good year 68,

1. The Odd Couple
2. Bullitt
3. Rosemary's Baby
4. Night of the Living Dead
5. Planet of the Apes
6. The Boston Strangler
7. The Detective
8. No Way to Treat a Lady
9. 2001: A Space Odyssey
10. Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers!
11. Hang 'Em High
12. Head
13. The Killing of Sister George
14. The Party
15. Pretty Poison
16. The Scalphunters
17. She-Devils on Wheels
18. Targets
19. The Thomas Crown Affair
20. Where Eagles Dare

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th September 2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 504603)
Recomemd me a film for each year from 1968 to 1978
Preferably something not to well known, from each year eg last house on left, ghostbusters tcm
And then when i watch what ive decided i review the film as well.

:shocked:

In which universe are your examples 'not too well known'?

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th September 2016 10:14 PM

The Devil's Brigade.

A year when several classic war adventures were released, notably Where Eagles Dare, Anzio and Sergeant Ryker. The Devil's Brigade is a rip roaring action film which you might not have seen.

Sure there were a lot of classic films released that year but you asked for ones you might not have seen, remember!

gag 10th September 2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 504606)
:shocked:

In which universe are your examples 'not too well known'?

I was asking for films not to well known, and trying to say the eg i gave where well known, sorry if i phrased it wrong.

gag 10th September 2016 10:25 PM

Sorry, ive altered it now.

gag 10th September 2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 504610)

The Devil's Brigade.

A year when several classic war adventures were released, notably Where Eagles Dare, Anzio and Sergeant Ryker. The Devil's Brigade is a rip roaring action film which you might not have seen.

Sure there were a lot of classic films released that year but you asked for ones you might not have seen, remember!

Thanks out of the ones Inspector Abberline mentioned here the ones i havent seen, even tho some i should have by now.

7. The Detective
8. No Way to Treat a Lady
10. Finders Keepers, Lovers Weepers!
12. Head
13. The Killing of Sister George
14. The Party
15. Pretty Poison
16. The Scalphunters
17. She-Devils on Wheels
18. Targets

Guess at times when your busy with life, catching up on youre pile to watch collection,
Computer games, watching other films, before you know years have gone by, and certain well known films from years ago have passed you buy and you just haven't got round to watching them.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th September 2016 11:17 PM

So what are you thinking of watching then, gag?

There are enough suggestions from the Inspector to pick one for 68.

nosferatu42 10th September 2016 11:29 PM

My nominations;) 2 per year.:)

68 - Targets/ or Head
69 - Medium cool/ or The bed sitting room
70 - Valerie and her week of wonders/ or El Topo
71 - Harold and Maude/ or Let’s scare Jessica to death
72 - Tower of evil/ or Play it again Sam
73 - Messiah of evil/ or Fantastic planet
74 - Zardoz/ or Female Trouble
75 - Race with the devil/ or Love and death
76 - Alice,sweet,Alice/ or God told me to
77 - Cross of iron/ or House (Hausu)
78 - Goin South/ or Long weekend

Most are interesting or unusual and all are worth seeing.:pop2:

Susan Foreman 11th September 2016 07:59 AM

Looking thru my collection, and trying to find something that is obscure, but not so obscure that it would be impossible to find, brings up the following suggestions:

1968: 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' - A good children's film to begin with, but one that had enough scary scenes to keep the adult Gag interested
1969: 'The Italian Job' - It's your birthday, so you will want a feel good movie!
1970: 'Blind Woman's Curse' - It's subtitled, so it will help you with your learning to read!
1971: 'Vampire Circus' - You are still young, so you haven't realised what a cruel place a circus is. You will still enjoys seeing the animals and clowns
1972: 'Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things' - I'm sure you are a morbid child by this age, so you should take heed of the warning given in this film!
1973: 'Sisters' - I'm not sure if you have any sisters, but if you do, this will remind you that girls are soppy things that don't belong in the "He-Man Womun Haters Club"
1974: 'The Beast Must Die' - You are almost certainly at an age now where you KNOW there is a monster under the bed and in the closet
1975: 'Black Christmas' - For the remembered disappointment when December 25th came, and you wanted a 'Super Shooter Destructo Machine Gun' and you ended up with some nice clothes for school!
1976: 'Carrie' - You think your time at school is bad at this age? Wait until you get older, and you will see just how bad school really is!
1977: 'The Hills Have Eyes' - Because of the 'fun' times the 9 year old you had on the family holidays, when you were not allowed to go to the penny arcades, because you had to go the boring museums and castles and places of interest
1978: 'Damien: Omen 2' - A role model for the 10 year old Gag to aspire to. After all, he is only 2 years older than you!