Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2017, 09:51 AM
Cult Rookie

Default What was your worst film of 2016?

It has been at least 5 days since 2016 has ****ed off, and 2017 has a couple of neat surprises here and there in terms of films.

But no, I'm not here to say which films we're all excited to see, I'm here to ask you all...

What was your worst film of 2016?

Old 5th January 2017, 09:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Probably either Cell (Stephen King film starring John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson) or Lights Out, two horrors I was looking forward to, especially Cell seeing as I loved the book, that were absolutely terrible in every way!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th January 2017, 10:35 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Probably either Cell (Stephen King film starring John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson) or Lights Out, two horrors I was looking forward to, especially Cell seeing as I loved the book, that were absolutely terrible in every way!
Yeah, Cell was not good at all... then again I wasn't expecting much since it is a typical VOD offering.
Old 5th January 2017, 10:54 AM
Cult Veteran

Contrary to popular opinion, Suicide Squad is my most hated film of 2016. 2 hours of squirming in my seat, waiting to leave the cinema. I kept thinking it would get better but it only got worse, the finale with Enchantress was cringe inducing!
keirarts and RetroMagFan like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th January 2017, 11:01 AM
Cult Rookie

Special mention goes to Zoolander 2, one of the most scandalous pieces of cinematic waste ever.

Nothing was funny. Not one bloody thing.

And somehow it actually manages to make celebrity cameos annoying.

Haven't seen the first and this travesty has put me off from doing so.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Boy. I wasn't expecting much, it delivered less. Lauren Cohen drifted through the whole thing in a state of embarrassment.

I wasn't a fan of Suicide Squad either, I've only watched the theatrical cut, but I thought it was a mess.
Old 5th January 2017, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dirty Grandpa.

how Robert De niro could lower himself too something like this is beyond me, but it does seem a trend with him at the moment, he should just retire why he still has some dignity left.

people complain about suicide squad which had its problems but it was a 10 times better than Batman vs Superman.
Old 5th January 2017, 12:29 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Dirty Grandpa.

how Robert De niro could lower himself too something like this is beyond me, but it does seem a trend with him at the moment, he should just retire why he still has some dignity left.

people complain about suicide squad which had its problems but it was a 10 times better than Batman vs Superman.
Dirty Grandpa was Mark Kermode's worst of the year too, I took heed of the reviews and gave it a miss so it's not on my list.

The whole SS vs BvsS debate, I'm afraid I liked BvsS a hell of a lot more than SS, I even watched BvsS twice, it's shit but entertaining, SS is just shit.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th January 2017, 12:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I thought BvS was much better than Suicide Squad, still not great mind.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th January 2017, 12:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Dirty Grandpa was Mark Kermode's worst of the year too, I took heed of the reviews and gave it a miss so it's not on my list.

The whole SS vs BvsS debate, I'm afraid I liked BvsS a hell of a lot more than SS, I even watched BvsS twice, it's shit but entertaining, SS is just shit.
was dragged to it everyone else want to see something else, but my mate threw a hissy fit so we went to see it and we all ended up hating it, don't think anyone has forgiving him.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!