LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2017, 12:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

So pretty much all of the films then haha

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th February 2017, 12:17 AM
Cult Addict

I've got far too many films, but those were the ones i've seen repeated times and keep going back to regularly.
Justin101 likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 25th February 2017, 01:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Numerically films like Great Escape, Kelly's Heroes, Dirty Dozen I must have seen just about every year since the 70s one way or another, I know I've seen the 60s Batman movie at least 10 times, Airplane probably around the same, what with cinema, VHS and disc I must have seen ZFE and Dawn of the Dead 15 or so times, but I suppose the film I've seen more times than any would be a Bond, either Goldfinger or Dr No, must be well over 20 times over the years.
Old 25th February 2017, 12:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Good thread / topic. It's interesting for me, ask me to name my favourite films and I'd give you highly inconsistent answers from one time to the next, but I can easily tell you the ones I watch often.
I do have a tendency to not watch a given film more than a couple of times tops, although I have recently been going through my DVD hoard to check out what I've forgotten about. Above and beyond that, here are the ones I always come back to, for whatever reason -

Taxi Driver
Repo Man
Videodrome
Black Christmas
Basket Case
Blue Velvet
Fargo
Heathers
The Deer Hunter
Something Wild
Return of the Living Dead
The Last Seduction
Old 25th February 2017, 01:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I need to pick up the BD of Heathers, I wish i got that special edition one that came in a school locker.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 25th February 2017, 01:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Another I watch quite often I lend my friends if they ask for a film is face , with ray Winston and Damien albarn from Blur .
Watched again last night at a friends, I think its a under rated gem..
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 25th February 2017, 01:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I need to pick up the BD of Heathers, I wish i got that special edition one that came in a school locker.
I've never upgraded it from my rubbish-looking DVD, because, when it comes to 'Heathers' and those other films on my list, I can live without things like definitive picture quality etc. I don't know why, because otherwise I'm generally quite picky about AV presentation etc. I know this is a bit of a weird thing to say, but I think that maybe the reason is that these kind of 'special' films are more about memory and nostalgia rather than new territory, and the feeling of warm sentimentality they evoke is more important than them looking great in HD. Perhaps there's a fear that a cold-light-of-day forensic looking high def refurb might spoil those blurry, TV era recollections. That said, now you've mentioned that BD I might have to look into it, as 'Heathers' is definitely due for a rewatch.
Old 25th February 2017, 01:59 PM
Cult Addict

I get that Frankie, most of my early favourite films were either seen on a old school square T.V that wasn't very big or on VHS (that when i used to rent them weren't in widescreen and without much definition).
Some films seemed creepier in grainy shoddy prints (bootleg) for example Texas Chainsaw massacre.

Even though i've said that i recently watched the original Star Wars films on blu and they were given a whole new impact due to clarity.
I think if it's a low budget production then dvd is fine, but a big blockbuster or something with great cinematography really gains on blu.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 26th February 2017, 11:22 AM
Cult Master

'Rocky Horror' - the original, not the remake which I have still got to see once!

I've lost count of how many times I have seen the 1975 one, but it is certainly in triple figures. I've seen it on television, on video, on DVD, on Blu-Ray, at the cinema for normal showings, at the cinema for midnight showings and as an 'occasion' with a live performing cast
nosferatu42 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th February 2017, 02:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Rocky Horror' - the original, not the remake which I have still got to see once!

I've lost count of how many times I have seen the 1975 one, but it is certainly in triple figures. I've seen it on television, on video, on DVD, on Blu-Ray, at the cinema for normal showings, at the cinema for midnight showings and as an 'occasion' with a live performing cast
And I've yet to still watch it ,its one of those films you keep meaning to to but just somehow don't .
Susan Foreman likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!