Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2009, 10:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i dont like seeing babies getting hurt or real animal cruelty in films i normally skip over

cannibal holocaust and ferox,seed and snuff 102 has real animal cruelty and its unnecessary i think

and august underground mordum, seed,murder set peices has babie stuff i allways skip them parts
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

That scene in mordum really is the nadir of extreme horror. Jesus,i feel sick just thinking about it!
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:58 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
That scene in mordum really is the nadir of extreme horror. Jesus,i feel sick just thinking about it!
What is this scene,people always mention "the scene" but never say what it is.
I never bothered with "Mordum" as I found the first AU pretty dull.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Towards the end of the film,a very nasty scene of child abuse.
Old 22nd July 2009, 01:14 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just tracked down and watched "Mordum",thought it was better than AU.The "Scene" was a hard watch especially as the dummy looked like one of my friends from when we were little.That said,on the whole I find these type of films boring as it is impossible to relate to either the killers or the victims leaving a series of "shocking" images that tend not to shock due to the lack of empathy I feel when viewing.Compared to "Salo" or "In A Glass Cage" the AU films are nothing more than snot nosed kids giving the v sign behind their teacher's back.
Old 23rd July 2009, 08:31 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooks View Post
In regards to the goat scene in island of death, i don't really find it that bad. In my opinion it seems that the goat isn't harmed in any way, and from watching the scene i believe the director when he says it was just given a mild sedative. Just a bit of simulated goat loving. Unlike say the cat scene in men behind the sun, which if the cat was actually sedated (rather than killed by the rats), must of been a much worse ordeal than said goat.
I must admit I can't watch the cat scene in MBTS but can stomach while not taking any enjoyment out films like Cannibal Holocaust, Africa Addio, Savage Man Savage Beast ETC.

but the hardest film i found to watch is Marion Doran's Cannibal espcially the camcorder footage
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

just got round to watching four of the apocalypse last wk didnt do owt 4 me thought it was dull and boring
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

EH im baffled i was reading a dif post and decided to replie but it come upon here ....strange
Old 23rd July 2009, 03:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What actual gore scene did u find the hardest to watch 1st time u saw it..id seen intruder yrs ago slightly cut ..but got the uncut version few yrs back and i had to watch the scene where he sticks his head through the bandsaw through my hands
Old 24th July 2009, 01:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Another bandsaw scene,the one in d'amato's absurd,when i saw it on a bootleg back in the early 90's,also the slaughter of the family in bunman:the untold story,had me leaving the room when i first clocked it,and more recentley,two scenes in august undergrounds mordum,the bathroom scene toward the end of the film,and the vomiting scene,and eventual disembowelment of one unfortunate victim,who is then "gut ****ed"! Horrible!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!