LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2018, 03:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
How long is it, Rob?

I refuse to go on the DM website.
20 mins according to imdb.

i too have no wish to visit the the DM website, although i do often steal my father-in-laws copy... to light my wood-burner. i find that a satisfying karmic experience
Old 26th October 2018, 07:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
20 mins according to imdb.

i too have no wish to visit the the DM website, although i do often steal my father-in-laws copy... to light my wood-burner. i find that a satisfying karmic experience
It's not so much the news outlet themselves (They are all as bad as one another nowadays - i also think they do the best football coverage of any) - it's the website that bombards you with utter shite down the right hand side. Sends the computer into almost shut down crash mode.
Old 28th October 2018, 08:55 AM
Cult Master

Apparently there is going to be an announcement tomorrow (29th) about some new 'missing episodes' that have been discovered

It's hoped that these will concern 'Doctor Who', but it's a mystery at the moment

https://twitter.com/PaulVanezis/stat...84094244601856

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th October 2018, 11:33 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Apparently there is going to be an announcement tomorrow (29th) about some new 'missing episodes' that have been discovered

It's hoped that these will concern 'Doctor Who', but it's a mystery at the moment

https://twitter.com/PaulVanezis/stat...84094244601856
Basically if it's not Doctor Who then there's not much point making an announcement and building up said announcement.

With the best will in the world (although it will please a lot of people) i don't hear much clamoring for the return of a Dad's Army or Steptoe episodes.
Old 28th October 2018, 12:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Basically if it's not Doctor Who then there's not much point making an announcement and building up said announcement.

With the best will in the world (although it will please a lot of people) i don't hear much clamoring for the return of a Dad's Army or Steptoe episodes.
to be fair Dad's Army is still hugely popular.

i heard a few weeks ago that this announcement was going to be comedy programmes only, so unless they were always planning to spring a surprise you can forget about DW.

EDIT: after reading the twitter posts, i guess its possible that this is something different to what i previously understood - have to wait and see...

Last edited by Rob4; 28th October 2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 28th October 2018, 01:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Apparently this is on the BFI Player, according to the Culture supplement in The Sunday Times today. For free!
Old 5th November 2018, 07:21 PM
Cult Master

BFI Press release about the upcoming 'Missing: Presumed Wiped' event in December

"The BFI celebrates Missing Believed Wiped (MBW)’s 25th birthday on 15 December at BFI Southbank with a treasure of television riches. Reflecting on the initiative’s successes from the last 25 years in tracking down and screening rediscovered ‘lost’ television classics. The 15 December event will present newly discovered material including top-quality music, comedy and variety titles as well as welcome repeats for much-requested items taking place across two sessions.

We’re thrilled to announce the premiere of the much anticipated Doctor Who animated mini-episode based on the now lost first part of the 1968 Doctor Who story, 'The Wheel in Space', starring Patrick Troughton.

We are delighted to be joined by a number of special guests including the Indiana Jones of lost archival television Philip Morris, who will be presenting some of the rare television gems he’s recently unearthed, including missing episodes of Morecambe and Wise, Sid James’s sitcom Citizen James and children’s television favourite Basil Brush including the only surviving live performance of The Kinks performing their hit Days.

Pop star and songwriter Vince Hill looks back over his distinguished 60+ year career in music plus we also feature a rare performances by Aretha Franklin on British television."

A big part if this event was made possible by recoveries from TIEA and Philip Morris. Philip returned 9 BBC comedy productions to the BBC Archive a few weeks ago. They are:
  • The Morecambe and Wise Show - Series 1 - Episodes 5 & 7
  • Citizen James - The Day Out
  • The Rag Trade - Baby Dolls
  • The Basil Brush Show - Series 1 - Episode 3
  • Steptoe & Son - My Old Man's a Tory
  • Harry Worth - Four's a Crush
  • Harry Worth - Feet First
  • Harry Worth - Melancholics Anonymous

With the exception of the Steptoe & Son episode, these are the only know film copies of these episodes and feature the cream of British television comedy from the 1960's including performances from Yootha Joyce, Hugh Lloyd, Sid James, Liz Fraser, Barbara Windsor and Reg Varney.

Philip Morris of TIEA will be announcing further recoveries in the New Year"
Demoncrat and Rob4 like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th November 2018, 11:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Last every interview with did James .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45088173

Lot more this is just a snippet

An interview with Carry On legend Sid James has been recovered after 42 years sitting in a loft.

It is the last-known recording of the comedy star, and thought to have been recorded days before he died on stage during a UK theatre tour.

The lost interview was found on an unlabelled reel belonging to former BBC radio presenter Jeff Link.

It was found during the making of a radio documentary to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Carry On films.

The conversation reveals James's thoughts on his work with comedian Tony Hancock, his many popular appearances in the Carry On series, and his quest to maintain a new fitness regime.

He looks ahead to a seventh series of the hit ITV sitcom Bless This House - a series which was never made as a result of James's death.

The star can also be heard joking about the many members of the public who don't realise he isn't a British-born cockney. "They are surprised when they hear that I'm a South African."

Reina James, the actor's daughter, said: "It is a very special interview for me personally, as I saw him when he was doing The Mating Season, not knowing it would be the last time I'd ever see him.

"To hear him talking just before he's about to die… there's something hugely moving about that."

His other daughter, Sue James, added it was "a lovely and sympathetic interview".
Old 11th November 2018, 11:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Wtf !!!

This was on Bloody disgusting site I can only presume its a hoax and a joke and a load of bollocks but thought I bring it to attention anyway ..

According to this someone got George A Romero long lost never seen or unheard of
The Amusement park

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-may-soon-see/

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielDKr...01937499901953

https://www.screenslate.com/features/748
Rob4 likes this.

Last edited by gag; 12th November 2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old 15th November 2018, 01:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Apparently it looks like its true about the George Romero film seen it crop up loads recently on various different sites , its so obscure even dedicated fans have never heard of it and some guy is trying to raise funds on Romero sites to get the film restored and released to the general public .

https://www.georgearomerofoundation....amusement-park

Like this? Share it using the links below!