Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Susan Foreman 25th September 2020 05:43 AM

'Frank Herbert’s DUNE' (2000) - Pre-order available at Amazon UK for Blu-Ray £15:00 and DVD £11.99

Release date: November 16

"When House Atreides lead by the noble Duke Leto Atreides (Academy award-winner William Hurt) gains control of the universe'smost powerful commodity ‘Spice’ a bitter power struggle ensues on the planet Arrakis, and the rival House Harkonnen begins plotting their revenge. As a result, Duke Atreides' mistress (Saskia Reeves), who belongs to the ancient magical order of Bene Gesserit,and their son Paul (Alec Newman) must flee into the dangerous, giant worm-infested dunes where they will need to seek help from the ‘Fremen’ – the long suppressed desert people who are engaged in a guerrilla war conflict against the Emperor’s forces. As thepolitical agenda of the reigning emperor unfolds, Paul is enlightened about his own ‘mystical powers’. The Fremen desert tribes begin to believe that Paul could be their long-prophesied redeemer and could lead their people to victory. Paul must now face hisown destiny while battling the mighty forces pursuing him and restore the House of Atreides. ‘Spice’ is the greatest treasure in the empire, and he must ensure it is safely controlled to maintain order and balance. Frank Herbert’s Dune has been adapted anddirected by John Harrison and an award-winning production team including three-time Academy award-winning cinematographer Vittorio Storaro (The Last Emperor, Apocalypse Now)."

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th November 2020 04:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Howl's Moving Castle: 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition Box Set

From the creators of SPIRITED AWAY and PONYO, comes the masterpiece HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE in a special limited-edition boxset to celebrate the film’s 15th Anniversary, available exclusively on Amazon from 14 December 2020. The special edition is the third in an exclusive collector’s series from STUDIOCANAL following the recent releases of MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO and KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE. Pre-order here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08N7XF4GY

Based on the book by British author Diana Wynne Jones and directed by the Oscar®-winning Hayao Miyazaki, the English language cast features Jean Simmons, Christian Bale, Lauren Bacall, Blythe Danner, Emily Mortimer, Josh Hutcherson and Billy Crystal.

Sophie, a quiet girl working in a hat shop, finds her life thrown into turmoil when she is literally swept off her feet by a handsome but mysterious wizard named Howl. The vain and vengeful Witch of the Waste, jealous of their friendship, puts a curse on Sophie and turns her into a 90-year-old woman. On a quest to break the spell, Sophie climbs aboard Howl’s magnificent moving castle and into a new life of wonder and adventure. But as the true power of Howl’s wizardry is revealed, Sophie finds herself fighting to protect them both from a dangerous war of sorcery that threatens their world.

The Collector’s Boxset includes the DVD & Blu-ray Doubleplay edition of the film, packaged in a deluxe oversize box with brand new exclusive artwork, joining the previous special collector’s editions of MY NEIGBOUR TOTORO and KIKI’S DELIVERY SERVICE as the third in the deluxe series. The boxset also includes a hardback The Art of Howl’s Moving Castle book, as well as the following exclusive items: oversized art cards, a poster featuring the original Japanese theatrical artwork, a trolley coin keyring, a drawstring bag featuring the anniversary logo, and a set of drinks coasters.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Interview with Author, Diana Wynne Jones
  • Interview with Pixar’s Pete Doctor
  • Hayao Miyazaki Visits Pixar
  • Explanation of CG Featurette
  • The Sounds of Howl’s Moving Castle
  • Behind the Microphone Featurette
  • Alternative Angle Storyboards
  • Original Japanese Trailers
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Studio Ghibli Trailer Reel

Feature running time: 119 mins | Certificate: U

RRP – Collector’s Edition Boxset £100

Susan Foreman 26th November 2020 08:42 PM

'It Came From Outer Space' - Blu-Ray from Fabulous Films

Release date: December 14

"Amateur astronomer John Putnam (Richard Carlson) and his fiancée Ellen Fields (Barbara Rush) are stargazing in the desert when a spaceship bursts from the sky and crashes to the ground. Just before a landslide buries the ship, a mysterious creature emerges and disappears into the darkness. Of course, when he tells his story to the sheriff (Charles Drake), John is branded a crackpot; but before long, strange things begin to happen, and the tide of disbelief turns... Based on a story by acclaimed writer Ray Bradbury, It Came From Outer Space is a science-fiction classic that is as thought provoking and tantalising today as it was when it first “landed” on the silver screen."

Special features:
  • Feature Commentary with film historian Tom Weaver
  • The Universe According to Universal: An Original Documentary on It Came From Outer Space
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Photograph and Poster Gallery

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2020 08:59 PM

:clap:
Classic!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2020 09:06 PM

GH Artwork?
Love it!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd December 2020 08:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Who the hell designs these things?

They actually get paid? :tsk:

MrBarlow 3rd December 2020 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 641584)
Who the hell designs these things?

They actually get paid? :tsk:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd December 2020 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How did this slip under the radar?
7th dec

MrBarlow 3rd December 2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 641595)
How did this slip under the radar?
7th dec

Is the first one available?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th December 2020 10:59 AM

Only in America.
Mental aint it?

Dave Boy 4th December 2020 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 641081)
'It Came From Outer Space' - Blu-Ray from Fabulous Films

Release date: December 14
Special features:
  • Feature Commentary with film historian Tom Weaver
  • The Universe According to Universal: An Original Documentary on It Came From Outer Space
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Photograph and Poster Gallery

Looks like the same as Universal's release but without the 3D.

Attachment 229850

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th January 2021 04:30 PM

At least it seems like there should be a steady run of new dvd and blu-ray releases from movies at the cinemas.

Films currently at US cinemas.

The Marksman - Liam Neeson thriller
Wonder Woman 1984 - Cartoon superhero antics
The Croods New Age - Animation
Monster Hunter - Paul WS Anderson schlock starring the missus and CGI monsters
News of the World - Tom Hanks western
Fatale - Thriller with Hilary Swank
Promising Young Woman - Horror
The War with Grandpa - De Niro comedy
Pinocchio - Animation
Come Play - Horror
Freaky - Horror comedy
Bloody Hell - Horror
The Dark and the Wicked - Horror

Susan Foreman 6th February 2021 07:26 AM

'Meatball Machine' (2005) - Blu-ray pre-order available from Terracotta Distribution direct - £22.99

Release date: April 12

"The Japanese splatter classic Meatball Machine released in high definition. Terracotta are releasing just 2,000 copies with this illustration and slipcase.

Aliens are invading the Earth and inserting themselves into humans, turning them into slave cyborgs, hosts for the parasitic alien life forms.

When Sachiko is infected and transformed, it’s up to her colleague and wanna-be-lover Yoji, who himself is already half-infected, to save her with his new-found mutated state and deadly weapons growing out from his body.

Part tragic love story, part body horror, MEATBALL MACHINE is an extreme steam punk gore fest which has stood the test of time since its first release and has since spawned a sequel MEATBALL MACHINE: KODOKU (directed by Yoshihiro Nishimura who was the special effects director of this original MEATBALL MACHINE)"

Special Features:
  • Exclusive director interview with Yudai Yamaguchi (commissioned by Terracotta, director Yudai Yamaguchi reflects on MEATBALL MACHINE more than 15 years on)
  • Cast and Crew Interviews
  • 'Reject of Death' short film
  • 'What's about Doi?' short film
  • 'Illustration build-up' showcasing the cover art process by artist Simon Heard
  • Trailer: Original Meatball Machine trailer
  • Trailer: Meatball Machine: Kodoku (dir.Yoshihiro Nishimura)
  • Audio commentary by Issei Takahashi, Yudai Yamaguchi and Yoshihiro Nishimura
  • Keita Amemiya / Shinichi Hiromoto - Concept Designs
  • Images Gallery

Susan Foreman 24th March 2021 04:01 PM

A firm favourite of many on the forum

"Edgar Wright just announced on Twitter that “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World” is headed to 4K UHD in the near future!

He also confirmed Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos supervised by the original team of sound mixer Julian Slater, colorist Stephen Nakamura, DP Bill Pope, himself and editor Paul Machliss"

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th March 2021 04:49 PM

I've only seen Scott Pilgrim once. Can't remember a thing about it.

J Harker 24th March 2021 09:20 PM

I switched it off. Awful film.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Justin101 24th March 2021 09:23 PM

I've probably seen it around 15 times :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th March 2021 11:15 PM

I've seen Scott Pilgrim vs. the World about six times and always find something new and funny. It's long overdue another watch and I'll buy the 4K release when it's in a 2 for £30 offer.

Dave 29th March 2021 07:03 PM

Looks like Screenbound will be releasing a Limited Collectors Edition of Virgin Witch. A nice accompaniment to The Haunted House of Horror and Blood on Satan’s Claw. :clap:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th March 2021 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And on the same day.....

Inspector Abberline 31st March 2021 07:16 PM

Silencers/Murderers Row/The Ambushers/The Wrecking Crew Blu-Ray [1966]

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 232275
April 5th dvd and BLu Ray
Good thing about solo Dean Martin is no gurning Jerry Lewis,,plus we get Hi Def Sharon Tate in Wrecking crew.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st March 2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 649010)
Attachment 232275
April 5th dvd and BLu Ray
Good thing about solo Dean Martin is no gurning Jerry Lewis,,plus we get Hi Def Sharon Tate in Wrecking crew.

It's a tenner cheaper on dvd. I'll be getting that.

Inspector Abberline 31st March 2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649019)
It's a tenner cheaper on dvd. I'll be getting that.

Yes the dvd is £20 blu Ray £30..

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st March 2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 649020)
Yes the dvd is £20 blu Ray £30..

It's MediumRare releasing it so the films will look big, bold and colourful on either format.

Can't wait. Thanks for posting, Inspector.

Inspector Abberline 31st March 2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 649022)
It's MediumRare releasing it so the films will look big, bold and colourful on either format.

Can't wait. Thanks for posting, Inspector.

Will be interested to watch The Wrecking Crew after seeing clips of it in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood....

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st March 2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 649023)
Will be interested to watch The Wrecking Crew after seeing clips of it in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood....

Yeah, the only one i've actually seen is The Silencers.

I expect they'll all be in that Modesty Blaise, Fathom, Flint style...

...With Dean Martin smoothing up to anyone in a (very short) skirt.

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th April 2021 05:45 PM

Just saw online that Young Guns II is getting a UK release. No idea from who though, but since the writer has been asked if they would do an interview, i'm assuming it's someone like 101 Films.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd May 2021 11:43 AM

Vipco.

Susan Foreman 8th May 2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 648493)
A firm favourite of many on the forum

"Edgar Wright just announced on Twitter that “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World” is headed to 4K UHD in the near future!

He also confirmed Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos supervised by the original team of sound mixer Julian Slater, colorist Stephen Nakamura, DP Bill Pope, himself and editor Paul Machliss"

Pre-order available from Zavvi for 4K Ultra HD (Includes Blu-ray) - £19.99

"Game on! Scott Pilgrim just met the girl of his dreams…literally. But in order for them to date, he must defeat her seven evil exes – a rogues’ gallery, including an infamous skateboarder, a vegan rock star and fearsome identical twins! From the genre-smashing director of Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead comes “a true original” (Entertainment Weekly ) powered up by wit, action and groundbreaking visuals that you will want to watch again as soon as it’s over!"

Special features and specs:
  • 4 Feature Commentaries
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. the Outtakes
  • The Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
  • You Too Can Be Sex Bob-Omb
  • Music Featurette & Music Videos
  • Alternative Footage
  • Adult Swim: Scott Pilgrim vs. the Animation
  • Pre-production Footage
  • And Much More!
  • Studio: Warner Bros.
  • Run Time: 112 mins approx
  • Director: Edgar Wright
  • Subtitle Languages:
    4K: English SDH, Cantonese, Mandarin, Czech, French, Korean Thai.
    Blu-ray: English SDH
  • Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Widescreen
  • Theatrical Release Year: 2010
  • Main Language: English
  • Number of Discs: 2
  • Region: Free

Inspector Abberline 21st May 2021 07:12 PM

Dad's Army (50th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] [1971] 50th Anniversary Edition

1 Attachment(s)
Dad's Army (50th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] [1971]
50th Anniversary Edition...This title will be released on June 14

Nowhere near as good as the television series, but still any fans of bygone tv comedy and there film adaptations will remember this fondly....(any fans of the recent film need not apply).....

Attachment 233392

Demoncrat 21st May 2021 07:44 PM

It's not the worst TV adaptation cough, not by a mile .... and I'll look at it fonderly the next time I sees it after that one ;)

Ahem.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st May 2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 652657)
Dad's Army (50th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] [1971]
50th Anniversary Edition...This title will be released on June 14

Nowhere near as good as the television series, but still any fans of bygone tv comedy and there film adaptations will remember this fondly....(any fans of the recent film need not apply).....

Attachment 233392

The only Dad's Army movie I was aware of was the one from a few years ago starring Toby Jones, Bill Nighy, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Tom Courtenay, Michael Gambon, Bill Paterson, and Daniel Mays.

I like the TV series so that might be worth a blind buy when it drops in price.

nosferatu42 21st May 2021 09:55 PM

Nevermind you also said earlier that "The Last Jedi" was the best Star Wars film ever, so you know...Shit happens.;) :lol:

Demoncrat 21st May 2021 11:35 PM

Those Disnae:laugh: films gave the Demon a headache tbh

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd May 2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 652663)
Nevermind you also said earlier that "The Last Jedi" was the best Star Wars film ever, so you know...Shit happens.;) :lol:

Yes, and I stand by that. I also said Rogue One was my favourite and, after watching it last night, consider it to be better than any within the various trilogies.

You have to bear in mind I haven't watched these multiple times over the course of my life, developing a great affection for them. I've probably seen the original trilogy three times and the other trilogies (prequel and sequel) twice.

As I have access to them on the Disney+ streaming service, I'll probably watch them all again this year so might come to a different conclusion. Although I've only seen it once, I thought The Mandalorian was superb, a miniseries which was better than any of the films.

nosferatu42 22nd May 2021 11:56 AM

I do think Rogue One is the best of the new ones.:nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd May 2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 652695)
I do think Rogue One is the best of the new ones.:nod:

Rogue One and Solo for me.

The Disney trilogy is worthless junk.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th May 2021 07:39 PM

Yep took legendary characters and ****ing treated them like shit.

Rob4 30th May 2021 10:21 AM

I'm with Rogue One too.

The Seven Samurai/Dirty Dozen 'gang against impossible odds' movie provides endless variations and I think it's a major reason RO resonates so much.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2021 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mimic: The Directors Cut Aug 16th.

Extras -
Video Prologue with Director Guillermo del Toro • Audio commentary with Director Guillermo del Toro • “Reclaiming Mimic” Featurette • “A Leap in Evolution – The Creatures of Mimic” Featurette • “Back into the Tunnels – Shooting Mimic” Featurette • Deleted Scenes • Storyboard Animatics • Gag Ree