LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2014, 01:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Nashville, Harold & Maude. Warlord. Ace In The Hole.
I haven't seen Nashville, but it's a film I've heard a great deal of praise about and want to watch. Harold and Maude is brilliant, but I have the Criterion BD (and do with if….), so won't be buying that. I have Warlord and Ace in the Hole (again, the Criterion release) on DVD and echo Stephen's recommendations of those.
Old 31st January 2014, 03:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

BFI announcement:

Quote:
The acclaimed Scottish filmmaker Bill Forsyth is celebrated by the BFI with its Flipside release of That Sinking Feeling in April 2014. This definitive Dual Format Edition of Forsyth’s hilarious cult 1979 debut has been lovingly produced with the full collaboration of its director, with input from one of its most ardent and high profile fans, Mark Kermode. Newly remastered in High Definition, this inventive low-budget masterpiece can be experienced with its original Glaswegian dialogue track and in its correct aspect ratio. Among the disc’s extensive extra features are a full-length audiocommentary with Bill Forsyth and Mark Kermode, a number of rarely seen short films and documentaries and a dryly funny BAFTA Lifetime Achievement Award acceptance film made by Forsyth in 2009.

Other new releases to look forward to this spring/early summer include:

Limited Edition Blu-ray SteelBookTM editions of Werner Herzog’s Aguirre, Wrath of God (1972) and Nosferatu the Vampire (1979) (May)
The Werner Herzog Collection – mammoth Blu-ray and DVD box sets compiling 17 of the legendary German director’s films from late 1960s to the early 1980s, with extras including Jack Bond’s long-unseen South Bank Show on Herzog from 1982 (July)
Seven Samurai – digitally remastered 60th anniversary SteelBookTM and DVD editions of Kurosawa’s world-renowned classic (April)
The Children’s Film Foundation Collection: Runaways – three classic British films including Hide and Seek (1979) (starring a teenage Gary Kemp) and Bond director Lewis Gilbert’s early film Johnny on the Run (1953) (April)
Alain Robbe-Grillet: Six Films 1964-1974 – Blu-ray and DVD box sets making the controversial French director/writer’s enigmatic and sexually-charged films available for the very first time. Digitally remastered presentations of all films, including Trans-Europ Express (1966) and Successive Slidings of Pleasure (1974), as well as interviews and exclusive audio commentaries by world-renowned cult cinema authority, Tim Lucas (June)
Eyes Without a Face – Dual Format Edition of George Franju’s notorious 1960 arthouse horror with extensive extra features (July)

As always, the BFI’s DVD and Blu-ray releases carry the highest quality film presentations and are packaged with contextualising extra features and fully illustrated booklets, providing the very best way to experience the wealth of content on offer
Some fantastic releases there!
Old 31st January 2014, 03:42 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
BFI announcement:

Very nice of them to be including the original Glaswegian on That Sinking Feeling (i'm being sarcastic obviously).
Old 31st January 2014, 03:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Very nice of them to be including the original Glaswegian on That Sinking Feeling (i'm being sarcastic obviously).
Hopefully it comes with English subtitles!
Pete likes this.
Old 31st January 2014, 03:56 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Not to get all political, but hopefully soon, we'll have separate releases north of the border with every film dubbed into Glaswegian and us Scots won't have to feel like we should be greatful that we get the privilege of getting a film like this released in it's original language.
Old 31st January 2014, 04:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Not to get all political, but hopefully soon, we'll have separate releases north of the border with every film dubbed into Glaswegian and us Scots won't have to feel like we should be greatful that we get the privilege of getting a film like this released in it's original language.
If you vote "yes" it won't be a problem.

Edit - This was a tongue in cheek comment by the way, not a political statement.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 31st January 2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 31st January 2014, 06:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Saw That Sinking Feeling years ago ( Channel 4? ) and loved it. Can't wait for this one.

A couple of covers:

that-sinking-feeling-dvd-packshot.jpg

eyes-without-a-face-dvd-packshot.jpg
Old 31st January 2014, 07:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Saw That Sinking Feeling years ago ( Channel 4? ) and loved it. Can't wait for this one.

A couple of covers:

Attachment 129533

Attachment 129534

At least one of them isn't the usual awful BFI "artwork".
Old 31st January 2014, 07:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
At least one of them isn't the usual awful BFI "artwork".
These aren't much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51EQ6EE6RVL.jpg (38.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 81nZKtEk47L._SL1500_.jpg (91.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 31st January 2014, 07:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
BFI announcement:

The Werner Herzog Collection – mammoth Blu-ray and DVD box sets compiling 17 of the legendary German director’s films from late 1960s to the early 1980s, with extras including Jack Bond’s long-unseen South Bank Show on Herzog from 1982 (July)

Like this? Share it using the links below!