Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree4068Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3381  
Old 10th September 2014, 06:51 AM
Mojo's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Default

Cover now up for THE SORCERERS

51P9UOWqAqL.jpeg
Reply With Quote
  #3382  
Old 10th September 2014, 03:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Cover now up for THE SORCERERS

Attachment 144336
Almost as good as Witchfinder General, but not quite IMO. I'll definitely be adding The Sorcerers to my collection.
__________________
From the bowels of the earth they came ... to collect DVDs!
Reply With Quote
  #3383  
Old 11th September 2014, 01:51 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Artwork for Second Sight's forthcoming 40th Anniversary steelbook release of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre:

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3384  
Old 11th September 2014, 01:58 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is offline
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Default

I don't need another copy of this film, but it's already on preorder
__________________
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Reply With Quote
  #3385  
Old 11th September 2014, 02:02 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I don't need another copy of this film, but it's already on preorder
Apparently it's a 4K remaster which is the reason for the re-release.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3386  
Old 11th September 2014, 02:07 PM
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs's Avatar
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Black Lodge
Blog Entries: 3
Default

For comparison's sake, this is what the US Digipak release will look like:

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3387  
Old 11th September 2014, 02:08 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is offline
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Apparently it's a 4K remaster which is the reason for the re-release.
Yeah, I don't think there's any new extras
__________________
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Reply With Quote
  #3388  
Old 11th September 2014, 02:22 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Cave of Caerbannog
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Apparently it's a 4K remaster which is the reason for the re-release.
These are the extras, which apparently includes two new commentaries. I don't know what they are newly recorded for this release or from a previous one.


RELEASE NEWS; We will now be releasing THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE 40TH ANNIVERSARY RESTORATION in standard Blu-ray packaging as well as a Limited Edition Steelbook. Both will be released on 17th November. All content will be identical, and here are the full details;
Disc 1
New 4k transfer from the original 16mm A/B rolls.
New 7.1 surround audio mix supervised by Tobe Hooper, 5.1 surround, 2.0 stereo, 1.0 original mono.
New Audio commentary with Tobe Hooper.
New audio commentary with cinematographer Daniel Pearl, sound recordist Ted Nicolaou, and editor J. Larry Carroll.
Audio commentary with Tobe Hooper, actor Gunnar Hansen, cinematographer Daniel Pearl.
Audio commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger, and Paul A. Partain, and production designer Robert Burns.

Disc 2
‘Cutting Chain Saw’ with Editor J. Larry Carroll.
New deleted scenes and outtakes.
Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: TCSM.
‘The Shocking Truth’ documentary plus outtakes.
‘Flesh Wounds: Seven Stories of The Saw’.
A Tour of the TCSM House with Gunnar Hansen.
‘Off The Hook’ with Teri McMinn.
‘The Business of Chain Saw’ – with Production Manager Ron Bozman.
‘Grandpa’s Tales’ with actor John Dugan.
Tobe Hooper interview.
Kim Henkel interview.
Deleted scenes and outtakes, trailers, TV and Radio spots
keirarts likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3389  
Old 11th September 2014, 02:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I don't need another copy of this film, but it's already on preorder
I know what you mean. I've already got SS's Blu-ray of TCM, but I can't help wanting to get the new 4K release too.
__________________
From the bowels of the earth they came ... to collect DVDs!
Reply With Quote
  #3390  
Old 11th September 2014, 04:47 PM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
These are the extras, which apparently includes two new commentaries. I don't know what they are newly recorded for this release or from a previous one.


RELEASE NEWS; We will now be releasing THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE 40TH ANNIVERSARY RESTORATION in standard Blu-ray packaging as well as a Limited Edition Steelbook. Both will be released on 17th November. All content will be identical, and here are the full details;
Disc 1
New 4k transfer from the original 16mm A/B rolls.
New 7.1 surround audio mix supervised by Tobe Hooper, 5.1 surround, 2.0 stereo, 1.0 original mono.
New Audio commentary with Tobe Hooper.
New audio commentary with cinematographer Daniel Pearl, sound recordist Ted Nicolaou, and editor J. Larry Carroll.
Audio commentary with Tobe Hooper, actor Gunnar Hansen, cinematographer Daniel Pearl.
Audio commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger, and Paul A. Partain, and production designer Robert Burns.

Disc 2
‘Cutting Chain Saw’ with Editor J. Larry Carroll.
New deleted scenes and outtakes.
Horror’s Hallowed Grounds: TCSM.
‘The Shocking Truth’ documentary plus outtakes.
‘Flesh Wounds: Seven Stories of The Saw’.
A Tour of the TCSM House with Gunnar Hansen.
‘Off The Hook’ with Teri McMinn.
‘The Business of Chain Saw’ – with Production Manager Ron Bozman.
‘Grandpa’s Tales’ with actor John Dugan.
Tobe Hooper interview.
Kim Henkel interview.
Deleted scenes and outtakes, trailers, TV and Radio spots

Still no family portrait doc then?
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.