LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th February 2016, 02:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

WILLIAM PETER BLATTY’S THE NINTH CONFIGURATION
On Blu-ray & DVD Download and On-demand 25 April 2016

‘A breathtaking cocktail of philosophy, eye-popping visuals…rib-tickling humour and heart-stopping action’ Sight and Sound

From William Peter Blatty, renowned author of The Exorcist, comes one the most unique and extraordinary films on screen, The Ninth Configuration, a taut theological thriller from 1980, which makes its UK Blu-ray debut courtesy of Second Sight.

This mind-blowing cult classic arrives on Blu-ray and DVD, as well as download and on-demand on 25 April 2016, complete with a whole host of newly produced bonus features, including brand new interviews with William Peter Blatty, Stacy Keach and many more.

Deep in a forest of pine trees near the coast of Washington State stands a secluded gothic castle, commandeered by the Pentagon for use as a military asylum. Determined to establish the true nature and origin of the men's mental illness, the Pentagon enlists the services of Colonel Kane (Stacy Keach – American History X), a brilliant, yet strangely unorthodox psychiatrist.

With a reserved calm he indulges the inmates’ delusions, allowing them free rein to express their fantasies. But some are wary of the newcomer and his methods. There may be more to Kane than meets the eye and the insanity escalates towards an explosive revelation.

Written, directed and produced by William Peter Blatty this tense and gripping tale mixes theology and psychology and hosts a stellar cast including Scott Wilson (The Last Samurai), Jason Miller (The Exorcist), Ed Flanders (The Exorcist III) and Tom Atkins (Lethal Weapon). Who is Kane? And what has is he hiding?

Bonus features:
• Audio Commentary by Writer / Director William Peter Blatty
• The Writer/Producer/Director - Interview With William Peter Blatty
• Confessions of Kane - Interview With Actor Stacy Keach
• The Debrief Of Sgt. Christian - Interview With Actor Stephen Powers
• Designing The Configuration - Interviews With Production Designer William Malley and Art Director J. Dennis Washington
• Killer On My Mind - Interview With Soundtrack Composer Barry De Vorzon
• The Party Behind The Curtain - Interviews With Actors Tom Atkins, Jason Miller, Richard Lynch and William Peter Blatty
• Mark Kermode Introduction
• Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
Old 24th February 2016, 07:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cover art:

2016-02-24-20-43-28-1138260148.jpeg

2016-02-24-20-43-57-1078597267.jpeg
Old 11th March 2016, 04:45 PM
Cult Addict

Not strictly a blu ray announcement but it does look as if Screenbound Pictures, formerly Odeon will be releasing Norman Warren's Bloody New Year at some point. They announced this morning on fb that the original negatives are being prepped for an HD restoration. Not familiar with this one, worth getting excited about?
Old 11th March 2016, 04:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Not strictly a blu ray announcement but it does look as if Screenbound Pictures, formerly Odeon will be releasing Norman Warren's Bloody New Year at some point. They announced this morning on fb that the original negatives are being prepped for an HD restoration. Not familiar with this one, worth getting excited about?
I've never seen it, but a rarely seen Warren movie on blu ray is very welcome!

There was a US Redemption dvd release years ago, but is long since out of print.

2016-03-11-18-07-39--1346725472.jpeg
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th March 2016, 05:06 PM
Cult Addict

Old 11th March 2016, 05:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default bloody

i have the redemption dvd somewhere ,very odd film . like a cheese dream i dont think i particularly enjoyed it at the time but the scene were someone is chased by invisible people on a beach, you can see their foot prints ad hear their canned laughter stuck with me. Oh and i am sure one of the thugs in it is the landlord from Shaun of the dead.
Old 11th March 2016, 05:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I don't know about 'excited', but I might go for it. It's an odd film, stranger and scrappier than the ones he's better known for. Can't remember much about it beyond it involving zombies, an island, a plane going back in time and some bizarre set-pieces. Seem to recall some weirdly abstract 'kill' sequences, like death by a laughing plant or something? The more I think about it, the more I'm intrigued...
Old 11th March 2016, 08:05 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

One of the few Warren films that I've yet to see but really want to check out. I had the Redemption DVD in my wish list for years but it was always ridiculously priced.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.
Old 11th March 2016, 08:33 PM
Cult Addict

I've only seen the Norman Warren films included in the Anchor Bay set. Satan's Slave, Inseminoid, Terror and Prey. Satans Slave and Inseminoid are great, the other two were arse.
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th March 2016, 09:05 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I've only seen the Norman Warren films included in the Anchor Bay set. Satan's Slave, Inseminoid, Terror and Prey. Satans Slave and Inseminoid are great, the other two were arse.
I love Prey.

Satan's Slave is probably my favourite of his though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!