Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

the blob 2nd December 2010 05:50 PM

And Soon the Darkness | British Video Association

That clears And Soon The Darkness up then. Year of production: 2010. Boooooo!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd December 2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 115197)
And Soon the Darkness | British Video Association

That clears And Soon The Darkness up then. Year of production: 2010. Boooooo!

Boooooo! indeed. :(

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th December 2010 11:31 AM

Not sure if this has already been posted, but: Salon Kitty - Tinto Brass Cut is being released in March.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 11:58 AM

Non-steelbook standard version of Shogun Assassin due in January.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 01:22 PM

That's the one I'll probably buy as I've held off buying the Steelbook so far. I'm fine with a standard HD keep case as I have too many Steelbooks on display already!

brain dead 14th December 2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 114847)
I got in on the pre-order when it was 7.99 so decided to keep it. We have a PC connected to the HDTV (via hdmi) and I was planning to get a blu-ray drive for that for B use. And because of the size of the pc, it'd have to be external or laptop sized so it'd be $100 minimum ($150 for the one I was looking at.)
So she should be happy I've saved $150 :lol:

And she knows what's up next... I was just talking about the Mesrine UK blu I'd be ordering when we got the pc-blu player .

Well, looks like Momentum are better at region locking their discs than was done to Peeping Tom and Metropolis. Mesrine didn't work :(
Back to the drawing board.
Recently read that bestbuy has a $130 player that's able to be changed regions. So I'll be looking into that.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th December 2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 116942)
That's the one I'll probably buy as I've held off buying the Steelbook so far. I'm fine with a standard HD keep case as I have too many Steelbooks on display already!

You can never have too many steelbooks. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 116949)
Well, looks like Momentum are better at region locking their discs than was done to Peeping Tom and Metropolis. Mesrine didn't work :(
Back to the drawing board.
Recently read that bestbuy has a $130 player that's able to be changed regions. So I'll be looking into that.

I'm going to look out for a cheap region unlockable Blu-Ray player at some point too. Too busy buying Blu-Rays at the moment though! :lol:

nekromantik 19th December 2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 116960)
You can never have too many steelbooks. ;)

I'm going to look out for a cheap region unlockable Blu-Ray player at some point too. Too busy buying Blu-Rays at the moment though! :lol:

best thing is PC drive :)
it even lets you do stuff like skip ad's automaticly AND if you got a foreign blu with forced subs you can switch them off and no stand alone player can do that. Plus you can pick a drive up for £50 atm.

brain dead 19th December 2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 116960)

The wife wanted an xbox 360 for xmas so off to best buy we go. Seems this player I mentioned is on sale this week for $89. Picked one up. Worked perfectly.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th December 2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 117621)
best thing is PC drive :)
it even lets you do stuff like skip ad's automaticly AND if you got a foreign blu with forced subs you can switch them off and no stand alone player can do that. Plus you can pick a drive up for £50 atm.

I already have one. ;)

Looking for a cheap player for the bedroom - it's DVD only at the moment.

I'm not bothered about getting a region all for the living room yet (PS3 does me fine at the moment) until I've upgraded my other equipment; hopefully in the next few years.