All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2018, 03:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

There's a new Anniversary Edition release of The Dam Busters with a whole raft of extra features and, on the anniversary of the raid, historian Dan Snow will be hosting an event from the Royal Albert Hall which, along with the film, will be shown at 380 cinemas across the country.

Press release:
"Regarded as a British classic, THE DAM BUSTERS is directed by the late Michael Anderson (Logan’s Run/Around the World in 80 Days). Based on the legendary true story of Commander Guy Gibson and his squadron, THE DAM BUSTERS (1955) captures all the thrilling action and suspense of the magnificent exploits of a group of young pilots and their crews, charged with taking out the supposedly impenetrable Ruhr river dams of Germany with an ingeniously designed bouncing bomb. Starring Richard Todd as Gibson and Michael Redgrave as scientist and engineer Dr Barnes Wallis, the film also immortalised composer’s Eric Coates’s masterpiece: The Dam Busters March.

THE DAM BUSTERS will be available on DVD / Blu-ray / EST and Collector’s Edition via STUDIOCANAL’S Vintage Classics label from June 4th, with a host of extras including an exclusive 'Making of The Dam Busters' documentary. The Collector’s Edition will include the feature in 1.37 and 1.75 aspect ratios, a 64-page booklet, a rare aerial photographic print of the Möhne Dam following the raid (signed by the surviving members of the original 617 Squadron), an RAF Chastise Lancaster Bombers poster and a set of 5 art cards. Pre-order here: https://amzn.to/2I4z400

On the 17th May, the actual anniversary of the raid, TV historian Dan Snow will host commemorations at the Royal Albert Hall, including a screening of the film. The event will also be simulcast into over 380 cinemas nationwide. Tickets are available from https://www.thedambusters75.co.uk/

For the 2018 restoration of the film, STUDIOCANAL went back to the original 1954 camera negative and sound negative. The camera negative was scanned at 4K resolution in 16bit and the ACES workflow was applied to the restoration process which resulted in the creation of a 4K DCP, UHD version and a new HD version which were produced with the same high technological standards as today’s biggest international film releases."

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Dam Busters.jpg (94.8 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Dam busters extra features.jpg (86.8 KB, 119 views)
Old 1st May 2018, 04:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Oh f*cking hell! I'm ordering that 5 disc set.
Old 1st May 2018, 04:25 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ordered!

Thanks for the heads up, Nos. Sounds a fantastic release for a top film.
I've ordered it as well for the extra features on the discs and the reading material. If the UHD mentioned in the press release comes out separately I'll probably order that as well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dam busters.jpg (19.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 1st May 2018, 04:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've ordered it as well for the extra features on the discs and the reading material. If the UHD mentioned in the press release comes out separately I'll probably order that as well!
It would be nice if the case was slightly larger than a standard bd case so the supplemental material is a decent size.
keirarts likes this.
Old 1st May 2018, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I like the look of the literature in this image.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dam busters extras 2 .jpg (73.9 KB, 114 views)
Old 1st May 2018, 07:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Brilliant.

I'm all booked in for the cinema showing.
Old 1st May 2018, 07:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Rather spiffing picture quality on this trailer:

You can see what cinemas near you are showing the event on this website: https://www.thedambusters75.co.uk
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 9th May 2018, 08:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

According to the latest Darkside mag,there's an Amicus HOUSE THAT DRIPPED BLOOD coming to the UK later this year....must be Screenbound....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 15th May 2018, 04:22 AM
Cult Master

Amazon UK has got a pre-order for the 23 disc release of 'The Complete Twilight Zone' - £79.99, released on June 11th

"Product Description

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man, it is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man s fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination it s an area which we call..The Twilight Zone

An eclectic mix of fantasy and sci-fi created by the Legendary Rod Serling explore the depths of the unknown in this complete collection of episodes from the Twilight Zone. Funny at times, heartbreaking at others, the Twilight Zone was one of the most unique and inventive television shows ever created.

For the very first time all 5 seasons of the original classic cult TV series have been released in one amazing box set collection.

Special Features

Includes: Rare unofficial pilot episode, The Time Element Original unaired pilot version of Where is Everybody? with Rod Serling s network pitch Numerous audio commentaries Numerous interviews Rod Serling audio lectures Promos for next week s show Radio Dramas Sponsor Billboards Isolated music scores and much more!

REGION B/2 BLURAY "

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th May 2018, 08:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yep,I'll be straight into HMV for that.
Sold my individual seasons when I heard.
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!