Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Sargento 15th February 2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 128506)
I think Craven took a chance there because the MPAA had always cut slashers heavily before.

As it pays homage to classic slashers, how ironic (or deliberate) to release an unrated version that would have fallen foul of the censors.

:rolleyes:

Maybe clever, maybe not.

dream demon 15th February 2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 128497)
Yeah I saw that one to dream demon, very nice. Would it incur any import duties that you know of?

As long as you order from within the EU there shouldn't be any import duties as far as I am aware :woot:.

nekromantik 15th February 2011 09:26 PM

speaking of german blu's :eek:

Rare Exports - Steelbook [Blu-ray] [Limited Edition]: Amazon.de: Jorma Tommila, Tommi Korpella, Rauno Juvonen, Jalmari Helander: DVD & Blu-ray

dream demon 15th February 2011 09:35 PM

:
Yeah, I've been tempted to pre-order that one as have heard a lot about it - but is it actually any good?

*edit* Actually, scratch that - I remember watching the trailer on Youtube - it looks bloody brilliant!! Pre-ordered :cool: .

kingofwitches666 15th February 2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 128531)
As long as you order from within the EU there shouldn't be any import duties as far as I am aware :woot:.

Hmmm may have to check the funds. :D

nekromantik 15th February 2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 128533)
:

Yeah, I've been tempted to pre-order that one as have heard a lot about it - but is it actually any good?

*edit* Actually, scratch that - I remember watching the trailer on Youtube - it looks bloody brilliant!! Pre-ordered :cool: .

I thought it was very good. saw it at me local indie :)

there are a few bits in Finnish so if it dont contain english subs then your not gonna understand it unless you know the language.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th February 2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 128498)
I have just looked on DVDcompare and there is a list of the actual cuts on there.

With spoilers, here are the differences as noted on DVD Compare:

Quote:

The "Director's Cut" is 6 seconds longer then the "R-Rated Theatrical" version. It includes additional gore which Wes Craven had to cut out to achieve an R-Rating in the US. The scenes missing from the "R-Rated Theatrical" version are: (SPOILERS!)
- The close-up of Steve's intestines as they fall from his stomach.
- The camera speeding towards Casey as she hangs from the tree. In the uncut version, the camera goes towards her at normal speed, but the cut version is time compressed to give a rushed look. This is definitely the cut version as the camera rushes in in a very jerky and fast manner.
- Tatum's head being crushed by the garage door. From what I can see this is in the movie as I can see her head crush, but perhaps more is seen in the uncut version.
- Kenny looking up at the killer after his throat is cut.
- Billy going berserk as he stabs Stuart.
- After Billy and Stuart stab each other, the uncut version shows a shot of Stuart's hand dripping blood into a puddle

bdc 16th February 2011 07:24 PM

I hope they release the unrated version.
Since Lionsgate likes to release unrated versions I think they will. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th February 2011 07:27 PM

I hope so too and it would be a mistake not to resubmit it to the BBFC as they would lose sales in the UK with people choosing to import the director's cut instead.

Sargento 16th February 2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 128727)
I hope so too and it would be a mistake not to resubmit it to the BBFC as they would lose sales in the UK with people choosing to import the director's cut instead.

I know Scre4m is due out soon (which looks dire IMHO), but surely there can't be that much call for another release of Scream 1! Even if it is uncut.