LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2010, 08:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRobinson View Post
Maybe an age thing but... The Outsiders, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink etc would be closet favs of mine, ooohhh and Adventures in Babysitting! Gotta love the Shue!
None of those are closet favourites of mine......just favourites!
Old 25th November 2010, 12:51 PM
Cult Addict

Does anybody know if The Monster Club is still available on dvd in the UK? I know its for kids, but since I saw it as a nipper I've loved it ever since and some of the music is great.

Last edited by mr 420; 26th November 2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 25th November 2010, 01:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Does anybody know if The Monster Club is still available on dvd in the UK? I know its for kids, but since I saw it as a nipper I've loved it every since and some of the music is great.
You can only get it on Amazon (I think) and it's only £7.47......... The Monster Club [1980] [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Vincent Price, John Carradine, Donald Pleasence, Roy Ward Baker: DVD

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 26th November 2010, 05:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Yeah, I came across The Monster Club on Amazon, a little while back. Odd little film, that I used to watch on VHS years back...
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
I'll not have a bad word said about John Hughes as he is both writer and producer of THE GREATEST COMEDY FILM EVER MADE BAR NONE!!
Got to agree there. Got the lampoons / chase collection stashed away for holiday season. I love it, the wife hates it...

As for other closet favourites:
- princess bride, just so unbelievably amusing.
- Anastasia, quality little cartoon
- Tintin collection, nice set
- Bridge over terabithia, fun kids fantasy film

Oh there are too many to mention, all nicely hidden away in the old boiler cupboard. They always seem to have good deals on kids films in the supermarket. Alright to pass an hour away.
Old 25th December 2010, 05:30 PM
Cultist in Training

Seeing as though everyone else has 'fessed up, I'll add Robot Jox as one I own and High Society as one I'll always watch on TV if it's on.

As a lot of others have said The Breakfast Club and Weird Science are just fave's and not anywhere near the closet!!!

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 25th December 2010, 10:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
Seeing as though everyone else has 'fessed up, I'll add Robot Jox as one I own and High Society as one I'll always watch on TV if it's on.

As a lot of others have said The Breakfast Club and Weird Science are just fave's and not anywhere near the closet!!!
I watched the Breakfast club few wk back for 1st time in yrs and to be honest it didnt do anything for me i thought it was rubbish, And the ending was so dull and sort of is that it,
Old 26th December 2010, 10:22 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I watched the Breakfast club few wk back for 1st time in yrs and to be honest it didn't do anything for me i thought it was rubbish, And the ending was so dull and sort of is that it,
I can see where a lot of people can get that impression, it's not a film that has an ending as such. I think of it as more of a film that you have to think of as if you have dipped into their lives for a short time and then out again.

I just think it was well acted and the characters were interesting in the way that you had a set of people who would not normally interact coming together and seeing how they get on.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 27th December 2010, 03:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Despite despising (with full blooded hatred) Four Weddings And A Funeral and Notting Hill. Richard Curtis's Love Actually is a guilty pleasure of mine. It appeals to the side of me that likes sentiment and the side of me that likes sketch-based ensemble pieces.

It's like a mawkish Robert Altman film.
Old 27th December 2010, 06:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
I can see where a lot of people can get that impression, it's not a film that has an ending as such. I think of it as more of a film that you have to think of as if you have dipped into their lives for a short time and then out again.

I just think it was well acted and the characters were interesting in the way that you had a set of people who would not normally interact coming together and seeing how they get on.
Well yes i agree to that, its just one of those films u remember from yrs ago, And watch it again and dont seem to enjoy as much 2nd time round

Like this? Share it using the links below!