Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1971-upcoming-non-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 166166)
Now's the time with the Barnes and Noble 50% sale. I'm too skint for it but I think they list the packages as books so you can multi order and skate through customs but don't quote me on that! ;)

I've already spent WAY too much this month already thanks to Axel's $0.99 shipping!

The B&N sale is apparently on until 1st August, so I may be able to bag a few titles when I get paid again. I'll definitely be ordering Kubrick's The Killing, at any rate!

nekromantik 15th July 2011 09:51 PM

hmm the Criterion blu of Salo should be much better then the UK blu!

shame the pre order aint on B&N sale :(

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 166151)
I actually prefer the theatrical poster for The Exterminator. Same image of Robert Ginty, just without the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you there Stephen.:nod: Perhaps Synapse will do a reverse sleeve again!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th July 2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166099)
I'm not keen on the title Dead Alive either. I'd also rather wait for a UK release which is at least equal to the US release and, hopefully, has both versions.

I'm all for that.
That artwork makes it look like some DTV pish!:(

nekromantik 15th July 2011 11:56 PM

yeah I prefer braindead then deadalive.
deadalive reminds me of the takeshi miike flick dead alive :lol:

bgart13 16th July 2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 166165)
Although, there's rumours of Eureka releasing it as well so I'll see who does best if they do. :)

I wouldn't call it rumors... ;)

I've put a friend with some advertising materials in touch with them.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th July 2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 166203)
I'm with you there Stephen.:nod: Perhaps Synapse will do a reverse sleeve again!

Oh yeah, I never thought of that, but as the two are similar, they may well go for the Thai artwork. Perhaps there will be a reverse cover for Maniac Cop as well.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 11:33 AM

Released on August 30, the great Lindsay Anderson social satire if.... is going to be part of the Criterion Collection catalogue.

Amazon.com: If . . . (Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]: Malcolm McDowell, David Wood, Richard Warwick, Christine Noonan, Robert Swann, Lindsay Anderson: Movies & TV

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166985)
Released on August 30, the great Lindsay Anderson social satire if.... is going to be part of the Criterion Collection catalogue.

Amazon.com: If . . . (Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray]: Malcolm McDowell, David Wood, Richard Warwick, Christine Noonan, Robert Swann, Lindsay Anderson: Movies & TV

Excellent news. Some great titles from Criterion in the coming months.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 06:34 PM

Tell me about it - I'm going to be skint because of Criterion! I've already pre-ordered if...., have bought The Red Shoes and Black Narcissus, plus the Port of Shadows DVD and there are plenty more titles I want from the ones they've already released, never mind the ones which will be released later this year.