Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st July 2013, 06:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

source: Torsten Kaiser (TLEFilms) http://www.cinefacts.de/Forum/223544...auf-bd-47.html

Re-Animator restoration by TLE Films: PART 2

- The upcoming release will contain two versions in HD: The Unrated cut and the 'Integral' Extended Cut (that combines the Unrated Cut with all the additional dialogue scenes from the R-Rated and TV Version of the movie)
- The unrated cut and integral cut will each be presented in HD, each on a seperate Blu-ray (that is why the set consists of 2 Blu-rays and 1 DVD)
- as well as the Unrated version, the integral cut was scanned in 4k and the same work that had been done for the unrated version was als done here (see above for details)
- Also presented is the TV version in SD
- length of the integral cut: 104:32
- the theatrical trailer of Re-Animator (as well as the one for Bride of Re-Animator and Society) was scanned from an interpositive element in 2k
Old 31st July 2013, 06:04 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
source: Torsten Kaiser (TLEFilms - Film Transfers Scans Grading Color Timing CleanUP Restorations in Picture and Sound -- TRANSFERS / SCANS High Definition Tranfers / Scans: of 16mm, 35mm: Spirit Datacine; Millenium II), Capelight bringt RE-ANIMATOR und BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR auf BD!!! - Seite 47

Re-Animator restoration by TLE Films: PART 2

- The upcoming release will contain two versions in HD: The Unrated cut and the 'Integral' Extended Cut (that combines the Unrated Cut with all the additional dialogue scenes from the R-Rated and TV Version of the movie)
- The unrated cut and integral cut will each be presented in HD, each on a seperate Blu-ray (that is why the set consists of 2 Blu-rays and 1 DVD)
- as well as the Unrated version, the integral cut was scanned in 4k and the same work that had been done for the unrated version was als done here (see above for details)
- Also presented is the TV version in SD
- length of the integral cut: 104:32
- the theatrical trailer of Re-Animator (as well as the one for Bride of Re-Animator and Society) was scanned from an interpositive element in 2k
Excellent! I have that extended, integral cut on dvd, but it'll be great to have it in HD
Old 31st July 2013, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I only know that already half of the first volume consisted of upscales.
Really, where have you read this?
Old 31st July 2013, 08:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
Really, where have you read this?
I have not read it, I have seen it. But I won't comment on this any further, as it will surely lead to a couple of posts that will lead to nothing but negativity and there is already enough negativity on this world

(Just to specify "half of the volume": The Italian Connection and The Boss are clearly not taken from native HD material)
Old 1st August 2013, 01:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A look at the upcoming 40th Anniversary Edition of the Exorcist

Take in this look at the entire “THE EXORCIST” 40th Anniversary Blu Set | FANGORIA®

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st August 2013, 02:06 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Careful Rik, you'll be getting Nos all hot and bothered!
Rik and Slippery Jack like this.
Old 1st August 2013, 02:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Come on, you and me both know he's already got this pre-ordered!

Edit: Just in case he hasn't BUY ME NOW NOSFERATU!!!!!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st August 2013, 03:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I have not read it, I have seen it. But I won't comment on this any further, as it will surely lead to a couple of posts that will lead to nothing but negativity and there is already enough negativity on this world

(Just to specify "half of the volume": The Italian Connection and The Boss are clearly not taken from native HD material)
Fair enough. The cover of the box states it's HD transfers from original negatives and i think they all look good (some minus for the small amount of DNR though)
Old 1st August 2013, 06:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Come on, you and me both know he's already got this pre-ordered!

Edit: Just in case he hasn't BUY ME NOW NOSFERATU!!!!!
Right on both counts!
bizarre_eye@Cult Labs and Rik like this.
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:54 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Who's stupid idea was it to stick a giant Blu and Ultraviolet banner right on top. It really is one of my biggest pet hates. I've literally not bought a Blu-ray before because of the annoying Blue banner. What? are we all idiots who can't tell the difference between a DVD and a Blu-ray? ....... rant over..... as you were
Metallicbomb likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!