Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2014, 06:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
If the DVD version is anything to go by it sure will be a beautiful package indeed worth the wait.
Worth seeking out their Blu-rays of Corruption, Big gundown and American Hippie in israel. All of them are excellent releases. I also have the swimmer on the way.
Old 17th April 2014, 08:19 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Pete Walker's Home Before Midnight is getting a release from Redemption in June:

Old 17th April 2014, 08:28 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Pete Walker's Home Before Midnight is getting a release from Redemption in June:

I have a terrible feeling Redemption are going to bankrupt me.
Old 18th April 2014, 09:40 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

From Scorpion releasing:

"Due to the dismal BluRay sales (most selling 600 or less) of the titles that had been out before numerous times on DVD, and the fact that the DVDs of some of these BluRay titles sold much better (DEATHSHIP, TOMBOY to name a few) , Any titles falling into this category, I will only press 1,000 (1,200 on the more popular ones) BluRays and sell them as limited editions.
Now, since I don’t have an outlet to sell direct yet, these new Limited Edition Blu-Rays will be sold by Code Red on their website, as he seems to have found a much more successful mode for selling catalog BluRays than I have selling them through retail outfits. (now I can see why Twilight Time went with this business approach)
The first batch of BluRays that will be sold on Code Red's web site are:
GIRLY
MORTUARY
DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE
And the long awaited release of GRIZZLY (since DAY OF THE ANIMALS sold less than TOWER OF EVIL or THE UNSEEN, and both of those sold barely 1,000 units, which is why I think 1,000 - 1200 is the right number to press these titles, like GRIZZLY.)
Also, all future BluRay titles will now be put on hold (like SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE and HAUNTING OF MORELLA), until each are carefully determined to see if they have a shot at making a profit through retail outlets (only two BluRays have for me so far) or will be a limited edition that will be available on my new web site that I am building. The future status of all BluRays I release will be evaluated and any decisions will be posted here.
Thank you for understanding."

code red dvd store
Old 18th April 2014, 09:45 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
From Scorpion releasing:

"Due to the dismal BluRay sales (most selling 600 or less) of the titles that had been out before numerous times on DVD, and the fact that the DVDs of some of these BluRay titles sold much better (DEATHSHIP, TOMBOY to name a few) , Any titles falling into this category, I will only press 1,000 (1,200 on the more popular ones) BluRays and sell them as limited editions.
Now, since I don’t have an outlet to sell direct yet, these new Limited Edition Blu-Rays will be sold by Code Red on their website, as he seems to have found a much more successful mode for selling catalog BluRays than I have selling them through retail outfits. (now I can see why Twilight Time went with this business approach)
The first batch of BluRays that will be sold on Code Red's web site are:
GIRLY
MORTUARY
DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE
And the long awaited release of GRIZZLY (since DAY OF THE ANIMALS sold less than TOWER OF EVIL or THE UNSEEN, and both of those sold barely 1,000 units, which is why I think 1,000 - 1200 is the right number to press these titles, like GRIZZLY.)
Also, all future BluRay titles will now be put on hold (like SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE and HAUNTING OF MORELLA), until each are carefully determined to see if they have a shot at making a profit through retail outlets (only two BluRays have for me so far) or will be a limited edition that will be available on my new web site that I am building. The future status of all BluRays I release will be evaluated and any decisions will be posted here.
Thank you for understanding."

code red dvd store
Blimey. Surprised Day of the Animals sold so few

Kind of makes me despair for the future if there is so little interest in these titles.

Or perhaps its just the rotten economy and people cutting back on luxury items. Just hope people don't expect streaming sites to meet all their film needs in the future as that would be awful.
Old 18th April 2014, 09:49 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Blimey. Surprised Day of the Animals sold so few

Kind of makes me despair for the future if there is so little interest in these titles.

Or perhaps its just the rotten economy and people cutting back on luxury items. Just hope people don't expect streaming sites to meet all their film needs in the future as that would be awful.

People seem to think blu-rays and dvds sell thousands of units, and while that's true for new films, catalogue titles can sell only in the 100's, 1000 - 3000 if it's a limited edition of a high profile or cult film. Sad but true.
Old 18th April 2014, 09:51 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
People seem to think blu-rays and dvds sell thousands of units, and while that's true for new films, catalogue titles can sell only in the 100's. Sad but true.
Well my first payday in a while should be coming up so i'll be ordering all 5!

(even though I think nailgun massacre is shite )
demonknight likes this.
Old 18th April 2014, 09:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Girly will me mine though (and maybe some more)!
Old 18th April 2014, 09:55 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Well my first payday in a while should be coming up so i'll be ordering all 5!

(even though I think nailgun massacre is shite )
The Code Red blu's are not available to order internationally yet.
Soon...
Old 18th April 2014, 09:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's a shame certain Labels are having such a struggle here in the Uk the BBFC makes life harder than it needs to be too.

Us true collectors rely on the sucess of labels Like Scorpion,I too am surprised Day of the Animals & Ghost ship failed so badly,they were both very big back in their day.

a Very concerning hint of the future for rare 70's & 80's Niche titles,labels & collectors.

Last edited by Gold6082; 18th April 2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: typo

Like this? Share it using the links below!