LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2014, 05:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Doc View Post
Eh, I've seen enough to know it makes the theatrical cut look astoundingly better (and all that had going for it was comedy gore value).

Fair enough.
Old 17th May 2014, 05:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
The Mondo Vision release of Possession is up for pre-order on their site.

It's certainly drool-worthy, but the question still remains: do I really want to drop about £50 on this release? Especially when I already have the fantastic Second Sight Blu.
I want that so so bad. Does anyone know if they take the money straight away or when it ships?
Linbro likes this.

Old 18th May 2014, 09:00 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Final artwork, and disc, for 'Satan's Blade'
Old 18th May 2014, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Doc View Post
Eh, I've seen enough to know it makes the theatrical cut look astoundingly better (and all that had going for it was comedy gore value).
The Producer's Cut is really overrated, isn't it? I imagine when it becomes readily available in decent quality that'll probably change. I really don't rate it much at all, but perhaps a more consistent quality version may change that. I doubt it though.

I can't see myself going for that Halloween set. It would be the third time I've bought Halloween, and Halloween 2, along with the second time I'd have bought the majority of the sequels on BD. I have 1 to H20 currently on BD, and I'm happy with that. If they released the Producer's Cut seperately, I might bite, but otherwise, I'm really not interested.
keirarts likes this.
Old 18th May 2014, 04:24 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
The Producer's Cut is really overrated, isn't it? I imagine when it becomes readily available in decent quality that'll probably change. I really don't rate it much at all, but perhaps a more consistent quality version may change that. I doubt it though.

I can't see myself going for that Halloween set. It would be the third time I've bought Halloween, and Halloween 2, along with the second time I'd have bought the majority of the sequels on BD. I have 1 to H20 currently on BD, and I'm happy with that. If they released the Producer's Cut seperately, I might bite, but otherwise, I'm really not interested.
I own 4 seperate releases of Halloween, 3 seperate releases of Halloween 2, two for Halloween 3 and 4,5,6 on blu-ray (as well as directors cuts of the Rob zombie releases.) I relish the idea of a decent release of H2O and Resurrection, But the idea of buying the first three again, (which are the best of the films imo) makes me feel tired.

That said i'll probably still buy it.
Old 19th May 2014, 05:21 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases

Press release for the Halloween set...

Ok,so HALLOWEEN fans, get ready to change your pants. While a complete boxset of the franchise seemed virtually impossible, due to a handful of issues including distribution rights, and the longtime fan-bootlegged "Producer's Cut" of HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS seemed like it would never be released, the time is finally coming. The always on top of their game Scream Factory, is teaming up with Anchor Bay to release HALLOWEEN:THE COMPLETE COLLECTION September 23rd, in two very awesome editions.
Personally, it's not everyday that something as huge for a franchise happens, so this is definitely one to look out for. The rumor of the boxset sparked a lot of fans talking, and now that it's officially been confirmed, what do you guys/gals think? Will you be getting this one? For the official press release, keep reading!!

"BEVERLY HILLS,CA - Last year, the horror classic Halloween celebrated 35 years of terror for those willing to partake in its vision of unrelenting horror. But that was only the beginning of the celebration. What producers Moustapha Akkad, Debra Hill and Irwin Yablans, writer/director John Carpenter and stars Jamie Lee Curtis & Donald Pleasence started in 1978 has transformed into one of the most durable, iconic - and copiously studied - horror film franchises ever created. Before Jason, before Freddy, and before Jigsaw, there was...Michael. Over the years, audiences have lived and relived the terrors of Michael Myers through ten feature films, as well as various re-edits and alternate versions. Yet to date, the complete saga of Michael Myers could only be told in pieces, in individual DVD and Blu-ray releases, with the rights spread across multiple home entertainment studios.
Until now...
Through the unprecedented collaboration of rival home entertainment companies Anchor Bay Entertainment and Scream Factory - the leading purveyors in horror home entertainment - Halloween The Complete Collection Blu-ray box sets arrive September 23rd.
For the legions of Halloween fans, the Deluxe Edition boasts 15 discs and contains all the Halloween feature films - Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, Halloween H20, Halloween: Resurrection, Rob Zombie's Halloween and Halloween II. The set includes the NEVER BEFORE RELEASED producers cut of Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers as well as the ultra-rare network TV version of the original Halloween, the network TV version of Halloween II, plus the unrated versions of Rob Zombie's Halloween and Halloween II. It is packed with hours of BRAND NEW bonus features including new interviews with cast and crew from the entire franchise! In response to years of fan feedback, the first Halloween will now also include the original mono audio track and the set will include both versions of the original Halloween-the original Blu-ray release and the recently remastered 35th Anniversary version with the mono track added back in! It also comes with a limited edition 40-page book written by Michael Gingold of Fangoria Magazine. The collectible packaging will include a newly commissioned illustration on the outer case and each film will be in its own black Blu-ray case with the original theatrical one sheet as the key art. This deluxe set carries an SRP of $169.99.

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 19th May 2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 19th May 2014, 06:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Press 1 to read this message in English......press 2 for German.......

A serious boxset to be sure.And surely will have the correct ratios?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th May 2014, 06:26 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Press 1 to read this message in English......press 2 for German.......

Sorry mate, no idea what that means.
Old 19th May 2014, 07:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That gobbeldygook from pasting you edited out!

Apart from that,that's a set to die for.
The kids will be starved that month.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th May 2014, 08:10 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post

That gobbeldygook from pasting you edited out!

Apart from that,that's a set to die for.

The kids will be starved that month.....

Oh, that? Yeah, seems like the forum only likes it's own commas and stuff.

Like this? Share it using the links below!