Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2014, 01:44 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Amsterdamned coming to Blu in Germany (not confirmed if English language friendly):

keirarts and profondo rosso like this.
Old 12th November 2014, 07:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Prefer the Shameless muff,sorry scuba diver artwork.....

Just ordered this,really looking forward to it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DAVID3217.jpg (28.1 KB, 8 views)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th November 2014, 07:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Prefer the Shameless muff,sorry scuba diver artwork.....

Just ordered this,really looking forward to it!
Just be aware that that blu ray is 1080i. But otherwsie fantastic movie

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 12th November 2014, 08:16 PM
Seasoned Cultist

AFAIK, Amsterdamned is Germand and Dutch only.

(Fantastic cover artwork in my opinion.)
Old 18th November 2014, 07:31 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Coming from Mondo Macabro:

Quote:
Independent U.S. distributors Mondo Macabro have confirmed that they will release on Blu-ray Eckhart Schmidt's film The Fan (1982), starring Désirée Nosbusch, Bodo Steiger, and Simone Brahmann. The release is expected to arrive on the market in early 2015.

Teenager Simone appears to be like any other fan of a rock band. But soon her fixation on the band's lead singer "R" takes over her life. Simone walks out of school, breaks off with her friends and parents, and as if sleepwalking, somehow finds herself waiting for her idol as he appears on a TV show. As she sees him for the first time, she is speechless, unable even to ask for his autograph. He notices her and reaches out to touch her. Overcome with emotion, Simone faints; with that first touch, R's fate is sealed. He leaves the show, planning to take a vacation from the band, and takes Simone with him. Simone discovers the carefully styled world of which "R" is just another product. Simone wants nothing more to love and be loved by "R", but he takes her with machine-like coldness. She experiences their intimacy as a kind of slow motion nightmare, an encounter with a robotic creature, totally incapable of affection or emotion. Simone cannot accept the detachment of her idol, and when "R" walks out on her to join his friends, she plots her revenge. Simone plans the ultimate sacrifice of her god on the alter of her madness. She plans her ceremony, as exalted and romantic as it is horribly wonderful. The finale - pagan, quiet and anonymous, is at the spot where she first saw him. The police search for "R" – only Simone knows where he is, and she will give birth to him anew...

Special Features:

Interview with director Eckhart Schmidt
A great film with a great '80s electro soundtrack - a day one purchase for me (I was actually toying with the idea of buying the German Blu last night too, so now I'm glad I didn't!)
Jinx_Barkman and keirarts like this.
Old 18th November 2014, 10:59 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Let's just hope it has a better transfer than the German release that looks very mediocre.
Old 19th November 2014, 10:03 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Oh God YES! Wasn't too keen on the cover until I looked closer. Out in Feb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 745_DVD_box_348x490_original.jpg (35.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 19th November 2014, 10:24 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Now let's hope that the new transfer will be used for European Region B releases
Old 19th November 2014, 10:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Coming in February as a 3 disc set (apparently including a disc of the soundtrack) from Grindhouse Releasing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5982_tn.jpg (93.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 21st November 2014, 06:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

And here are the specs

Quote:
Grindhouse Releasing has announced that it will release Fulci’s grisly supernatural shocker THE BEYOND February 10 in a package containing two Blu-rays (produced by Bob Murawski, Academy Award-winning editor of THE HURT LOCKER and numerous Sam Raimi films) and a CD of Fabio Frizzi’s soundtrack, remastered from the original studio tapes. The set will come with glow-in-the-dark artwork and feature a high-definition digital transfer of the uncensored director’s cut, with a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound remix by Oscar-winner Paul Ottoman, plus an optional Italian-language soundtrack and the original mono mix. Special features include:

• Audio commentary by stars Catriona MacColl and genre superstar David Warbeck
• New in-depth interviews with stars Catriona MacColl, Cinzia Monreale and Giovanni De Nava, U.S. production manager Larry Ray, makeup artists Giannetto De Rossi and Maurizio Trani, cinematographer Sergio Salvati, writer Dardano Sacchetti, producer Fabrizio De Angelis, composer Fabio Frizzi, original U.S. distributor Terry Levene and Antonella Fulci
• Rare archival interviews with Lucio Fulci and Warbeck
• Lost German pre-credit sequence in full color
• Liner notes by legendary horror journalist Chas. Balun and Eurohorror expert Martin Beine
• Extensive still galleries and theatrical trailers

Plus more surprises.
(Grindhouse reveals Fulci’s “THE BEYOND” Blu-ray specs; pre-orders open | FANGORIA®)

AND
apparently you can pre-order it here at a good price togehter with Cat in the Brain.
Now there are two (rhetorical) questions: Will it be Region Free AND would my order be snatched by German customs

Grindhouse Releasing Combo (Beyond Blu-Ray / Cat in the Brain)

Like this? Share it using the links below!