Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd November 2014, 09:40 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Diabolik mark as gift on the customs declartion, and keep the value low.

I'm curious about A Cat In The Brain, is it just getting a DVD release? It's not the same DVD release Grindhouse put out previously is it?
Old 22nd November 2014, 10:03 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Diabolik mark as gift on the customs declartion, and keep the value low.

I'm curious about A Cat In The Brain, is it just getting a DVD release? It's not the same DVD release Grindhouse put out previously is it?

The one that's part of the Diabolik offer is the Grindhouse dvd thats already out. They are planning on releasing on BD with the rest of their back catalogue at some point though.
BAKA likes this.
Old 22nd November 2014, 10:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
The one that's part of the Diabolik offer is the Grindhouse dvd thats already out. They are planning on releasing on BD with the rest of their back catalogue at some point though.
Thanks, good to know. I'll skip this offer then. I had thought I'd heard it was getting a BD release, and this offer was confusing me.
Old 22nd November 2014, 10:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
Like sam said: It's interesting because of the new transfer.

(And I'm not even going to point out now that the Arrow Transfer was mediocre because all I'm going to get are responses like "Oh no, it looks perfect in my eyes" etc. )

(P.S.: And in no way am I going to post a link to some screenshots like for example this one, that clearly shows all the problems the Arrow transfer suffers from
The Beyond | Blu-ray: UK Exchange Disc vs. DVD: US Lucio Fulci Collection
Because the reaction to that will be: "Oh no, a screenshot does in no way reflect how it looks in motion!")
Love it!!
Although I have the Arrow slipcase and steelbook, I'll treble dip on this as I have all the Grindhouse Blu's and it would bug the hell outta me knowing I was missing one.

Edit. According to Mondo Digital, Massacre Mafia Style should be out before Xmas!!
Old 22nd November 2014, 12:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
Edit. According to Mondo Digital, Massacre Mafia Style should be out before Xmas!!
There will also be a German edition from Subkultur Entertainment Rumors are that Gone with the Pope will be included
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.
Old 22nd November 2014, 04:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Fred Olen Ray has announced on facebook that he will publish his debut Alien Dead on Blu-ray next year.

(Yes, I know it's bad and boring, but Fred is a great and funny guy.)
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd November 2014, 06:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
According to Mondo Digital, Massacre Mafia Style should be out before Xmas!!
From Grindhouse's facebook:
We are sorry to report that our long-awaited Blu-ray release of Duke Mitchell's MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE has been delayed one month. The new release date will be February 10, 2015. We had originally planned to announce this title for December, but our manufacturer was unable to get the special clear cases that we have been using due to high Christmas season demand from their main client Criterion. Now we are being told that the cases will not be in stock until mid-January. Rather than compromise the release and settle for inferior generic cases, we have decided to wait. We hope you agree with the decision.
keirarts and Boo Radley like this.
Old 22nd November 2014, 07:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
From Grindhouse's facebook:
We are sorry to report that our long-awaited Blu-ray release of Duke Mitchell's MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE has been delayed one month. The new release date will be February 10, 2015. We had originally planned to announce this title for December, but our manufacturer was unable to get the special clear cases that we have been using due to high Christmas season demand from their main client Criterion. Now we are being told that the cases will not be in stock until mid-January. Rather than compromise the release and settle for inferior generic cases, we have decided to wait. We hope you agree with the decision.
Oh bollox!! Ah, well, won't be the last film I've waited years for. Another couple of months to get it right is ok by me!
Old 2nd December 2014, 07:14 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Coming from Scream Factory:

I wonder how long it is until Bill cries 'bootleg' in respect to Exterminators...
Old 2nd December 2014, 05:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Coming from Scream Factory:

I wonder how long it is until Bill cries 'bootleg' in respect to Exterminators...

I've never seen either of those, anyone here have any opinions on them?

Like this? Share it using the links below!