Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2014, 05:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
I've never seen either of those, anyone here have any opinions on them?
I saw Exterminators when on VHS, it is exactly what it looks like, post apocolyptic, badly acted, very low budget, rip off themes, awful script......at the time I thought what a waste of a quid!......now I would probably enjoy it!!.....and will probably buy it. Who would of thought there would end up being a market for this type of film eh?

I think it was something to do with water being like gold.

Not seen the Jaws rip off though, any info from others would be good.
Old 2nd December 2014, 09:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Coming from Scream Factory:

I wonder how long it is until Bill cries 'bootleg' in respect to Exterminators...
Whoa, talk about a nice surprise. I've never seen Cruel Jaws but I'll definitely be grabbing this for Exterminators for sure. Hopefully this will be the start of something new for Scream and they give us more Italian horror/exploitation films.

While we're on the subject, has anyone heard a date for Blue Underground's Bronx Warriors/Escape From The Bronx/The New Barbarians blu-ray releases? I think they were mentioned earlier this year so maybe early 2015?
profondo rosso likes this.
Old 3rd December 2014, 05:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Whoa, talk about a nice surprise. I've never seen Cruel Jaws but I'll definitely be grabbing this for Exterminators for sure. Hopefully this will be the start of something new for Scream and they give us more Italian horror/exploitation films.

While we're on the subject, has anyone heard a date for Blue Underground's Bronx Warriors/Escape From The Bronx/The New Barbarians blu-ray releases? I think they were mentioned earlier this year so maybe early 2015?
I did not know about this Jinx, I am intrigued myself as I used to have the Bronx shameless steel set but it got damaged so sold it on. Dont know if I have an OCD of type but I got rid of all my steelbooks due to some of them being very slightly scuffed, a paint chip or the slightest dent and it loses all value to me so dont bother anymore with them. I treated them with care but some just seemed to appear! I dont know about 'steel' books, some are more like tin foil.

Looking forward to any replies on when Blue Underground may let these slip.
Old 4th December 2014, 07:06 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

SF Announcement regarding Cruel Jaws:

Quote:
We are sorry to report the following news but the Bruno Mattei film CRUEL JAWS will not be coming out as a double feature with EXTERMINATORS OF THE YEAR 3000 next year as originally planned. EXTERMINATORS will now be a standalone blu-ray release at a lower price.

It came to our attention through several of our fans that CRUEL had several scenes in it of unauthorized footage from Jaws 1-3 and other Italian-made shark films that makes it impossible for us to release this in the U.S. & Canada without risking legal ramifications. We gave serious thought about editing out the material of course, but it’s quite a bit of scenes to remove and we knew ultimately that doing that would not satisfy the film’s fans or new ones we wanted to attract.

Again we apologize for getting hopes up on releasing this cult curiosity. We were also looking forward to it and no one is more bummed about it than us for having to turn tables so quickly after announcing it.

New pre-order links for EXTERMINATORS OF THE YEAR 3000 (which is a fun film in its own right) should be up soon or next week. Street date is still 3/3/15.

Old 4th December 2014, 07:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Well that turned around fast, but for very understandable reasons. Damn rights always ruining everything.
Old 4th December 2014, 10:13 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

When i started reading i was stunned Cruel Jaws was getting a release.

Three posts later and it's gone.

Mattei nicked so much footage from the Universal films i was expecting to see the Robert Shaw USS Indianapolis speech at some point.
PaulD likes this.
Old 4th December 2014, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Shame they couldn't have released 2019 as this is dying for a blu-ray release and is probably the best Italian post nuke film out there
Old 4th December 2014, 07:29 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases

Go on, I dare you to moan about this!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417724892.135507.jpg

Special Features:

Isolated Score Track.
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors Chris Sarandon & Jonathan Stark, and Moderated by Filmmaker Tim Sullivan.
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors William Ragsdale & Stephen Geoffreys, FX Artist Randall Cook, and Moderated by Journalist Jeremy Smith and Filmmaker Tim Sullivan.
First Ever Fright Night Reunion Panel - Fear Fest 2 (2008) with Tom Holland, Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Stephen Geoffreys, Amanda Bearse, Jonathan Stark, and Moderated by Rob Galluzzo.
Shock Till You Drop Presents Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek.
Vintage EPK with Behind The Scenes Raw Footage.
Stills and Memorabilia Gallery from the Tom Holland Archives.
Original Theatrical Trailer.
Old 4th December 2014, 10:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post

Attachment 150994
Whinge whinge phucking whinge
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 4th December 2014, 10:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post

Attachment 150994

Special Features:

Isolated Score Track.
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors Chris Sarandon & Jonathan Stark, and Moderated by Filmmaker Tim Sullivan.
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors William Ragsdale & Stephen Geoffreys, FX Artist Randall Cook, and Moderated by Journalist Jeremy Smith and Filmmaker Tim Sullivan.
First Ever Fright Night Reunion Panel - Fear Fest 2 (2008) with Tom Holland, Chris Sarandon, William Ragsdale, Stephen Geoffreys, Amanda Bearse, Jonathan Stark, and Moderated by Rob Galluzzo.
Shock Till You Drop Presents Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek.
Vintage EPK with Behind The Scenes Raw Footage.
Stills and Memorabilia Gallery from the Tom Holland Archives.
Original Theatrical Trailer.
Actually worth the asking price this time!

Like this? Share it using the links below!