Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th December 2014, 12:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Thanks as always, Paul. I don't have the funds to keep up with constant buying these days so tend to not be so active so as to avoid temptation. But once in a while something comes along that I'm intrigued by!

It often means I'm asking latest shipping info from you good folk!
You're welcome, mate. I do try and keep an eye on what's getting released or announced for release but stuff passes me by too. MIAMI Blues was announced a couple of months ago by Shout! and I only found out about that last week - it's a favourite of mine but there's so much stuff coming through that it's impossible to keep a track.

And then you have people like Bill@ CR (actually, I should say "a person like" as I know no one else like him) who muddy the water further by having increasingly weird business practices
Old 16th December 2014, 01:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just heard that Code Red are releasing the Eerie Midnight Horror Show.
Shame it's them releasing it and not someone like 88 Films.

The current dvd i own of this film looks pretty awful.
Old 17th December 2014, 11:53 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
Just heard that Code Red are releasing the Eerie Midnight Horror Show
I really do not like the way they are trying to sucker in 'Rocky Horror' fans with the cover art
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic430a - eerie.jpg (93.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg pic430b - rocky.jpg (64.7 KB, 3 views)
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th December 2014, 07:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I was honestly surprised that they passed the first one uncut, so I wouldn't like to commit either way really (you just don't know with the BBFC nowadays which way things are going to swing), however the second one is pretty nasty - arguably more so than the first. There is also some (albeit televised) animal violence as I recall, so I'm not sure how that would fare.

Personally, I love the original Nekromantik (as you can probably guess since Arrow's limited edition release arrived yesterday). Although it's certainly an acquired taste... admittedly a wry smile creeps onto my face whenever I think about the people who have blind bought the set and will be watching it for the first time.

I'm not as big a fan of the sequel though. However, Monika M. is just so lovely and warped it just enhances the film as a whole having her there on screen.

Yeah pity we can't set up a CL 'Spy Cam' for first-timers!

An acquired taste it is indeed......

I first 'smuggled' it and it's sequel on vhs from Cult Video in Amsterdam almost 20 years ago....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th December 2014, 06:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

First time I saw it was via the Barrel Entertainment DVD in 1999 or 2000. I thought it was a huge pile of pretentious w***. Never bothered with the sequel.
Old 18th December 2014, 07:42 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah pity we can't set up a CL 'Spy Cam' for first-timers
Maybe people will do that themselves, and then put the results on YouTube, like they were doing with "Two Girls, One Cup" a few years ago

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th December 2014, 01:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Mondo Macabro 2015 announcement:

Quote:
MONDO 2015

Just a few things to look forward to in the new year.

THE ONLINE STORE
First off, we are setting up a new online store that will supply backlist but also lots of new, exclusive offers.

Watch this space for more info as it becomes available. The first of the new lines will be red box releases of Blu Rays, starting with The Fan in February.

This will be limited to 500 numbered copies. We’ll be giving more details later when we have them.

The Fan will also be available as a retail Blu Ray/DVD combo on March 10th, a few weeks after the red box version goes on the website.

Later in the year there’ll be a red box exclusive of Girl Slaves of Morgana le Fay. This will be limited to 666 numbered copies and will have a totally different sleeve design from the DVD release.

More info when we have it.

NEW TITLES
Other new titles for 2015 include The Spider (Zirneklis), an amazing sex/horror film from Latvia. Yup, you read that right – LATVIA! It’s a really great film that we think will surprise a lot of people.

We’re also going Greek with a new line of Hellenic exploitation goodies.

The first two releases will be Tango of Perversion and The Wife Killer.

Tango is a really great exploitation gem from 1973. It’s got everything that you would expect from that vintage: masses of politically incorrect behaviour, dollops of sleaze, naked scenes galore, drugs, voyeurism, necrophilia, even a little bit of Greek psych-rock. In fact… is there anything this film hasn’t got?

The Wife Killer – the Greek title was the much less queasy Crime in Kavouri – was originally released in the US in 1976 as Rape Killer. We’ll probably avoid that title for obvious reasons…

The film is very close in style to the Italian giallo thrillers of the 70s and is another Hellenic exploitation gem. It has the same male lead as Tango – the wonderful Larry Daniels, known to his mother as Lakis Komninos and still active in Greek film and theatre to this day.

All three of the above will be brand new telecines and in the case of the Greek films, in English and Greek language dubs.

Burn, Baby Burn!

Finally, we’ll be putting out a very limited number of backlist titles as burns. This is just to satisfy the small trickle of orders we get for titles that are about to run out of license. More info on actual titles when they are available. But these will be very small numbers, less than 100. Once they’re gone, they’re gone.

That’s it, folks! Have happy hols and see you in 2015. Thanks for all your interest and support and please let us know your thoughts or comments on any of the above. We’re here to listen.
Old 18th December 2014, 09:03 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Scream Factory have announced that Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 are to be released next year. Hardly the best sequels but still enjoyable rubbish.
Old 18th December 2014, 09:57 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Scream Factory have announced that Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 are to be released next year. Hardly the best sequels but still enjoyable rubbish.
I really like them - and are arguably more fun watching than the original.
Old 18th December 2014, 10:01 PM
Cult Addict

Interesting line up from MM. Here's hoping if they plan to release some greek horror we'll finally get a release of EVIL IN THE TIME OF HEROES as sequel to the Greek zombie film EVIL (TO KAKO). It even has Billy Zane in it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!