Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2015, 05:21 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'll be getting the German Dark Blu release. I think we know why.

Attachment 169371Attachment 169372
Granted, that is a nicer sleeve
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th August 2015, 11:25 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

New upcoming Vicol HK releases (September). Region ABC.
All new hd remasters.

Hugh, Demoncrat, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:23 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Coming from Camera Obscura:

Paolo Cavara's The Wild Eye.
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 4th September 2015, 07:02 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Rather nice French steelbook for Deliverance being released this November:

As it's a Warner release we may see releases in other territories too.
Old 4th September 2015, 04:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sorry, wrong post!!!
Old 8th September 2015, 08:35 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
ndependent distributors Raro Video U.S. have revealed that they are planning to add two new titles to their Blu-ray catalog: Massimo Dallamano's The Secret of Dorian Gray (1970), starring Helmut Berger, Richard Todd, Margaret Lee, Renato Romano, and Eleonora Rossi Drago, and Fernando Di Leo's To Be Twenty (1978), starring Gloria Guida, Lilli Carati, and Ray Lovelock. The two releases are expected to arrive on the market in early 2016.

The Secret of Dorian Gray

Synopsis: The Secret of Dorian Gray is a classic, seventies, Italian film restored to its original splendor. Taking place in London, a wealthy young man, Dorian Gray, is in love with an aspiring actress named Sybil. He is also in the process of getting his portrait painted by his ascot-wearing friend, Basil. When the portrait is finished however, Dorian complains that he will grow old while the painting will never change. On the same night, as if he has sold his soul to the devil, exchanging vanity for morality, he ends it with Sybil, and accepts the seductive offer of a woman whose party he attends. The next day, the painting looks slightly older. In horror and fascination, Dorian hides it away and continues a life of sexual experimentation. Over time, the portrait shows signs of aging, but he remains youthful as if fueled by his ever-increasing libidinal lifestyle; finally, he and Basil face the painting. The exceptionally groovy score by Giuseppe De Luca enhances the seventies milieu. Cinematography by Otello Spila (Pier Paolo Pasolini's Theorem, Paolo Cavara's The Black Belly of the Tarantula.

To Be Twenty

Twenty, beautiful, sexy and liberated, and fed up with their provincial lives, Lia and Tina decide to hitchhike their way to Rome to find a commune where they can stay and live the life of free love. . . or so they think. Things don't go as they have planned though, and soon they become involved in prostitution, the police and an aggressive gang which all culminates with a brutal and unexpected violent end. Original uncensored director's cut of the film. Cinematography by Roberto Gerardi (Mario Monicelli's The Great War, Vittorio De Sica's Marriage Italian Style).
bdc and keirarts like this.
Old 11th September 2015, 08:47 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Coming from Kino in December:

bdc, Demoncrat, keirarts and 1 others like this.
Old 14th September 2015, 01:29 PM
Cult Veteran

Has anyone used TPS to go multiregion? I already have a Panasonic Bluray player BDT-320, which is one of the models that can take the TPS multiregion firmware.

Their upgrade disc costs £60 which seems quite a lot, but considering that a player already 'chipped' will cost at least £150-£200 anyway doesn't seem too bad.

I just wanted to know if anyone had done it this way anyway and is it a good service etc. I've said time and time again I don't want to go region free because of the additional temptation of more discs, but the likes of Shout and Criterion are putting out such good discs these days...
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th September 2015, 05:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Has anyone used TPS to go multiregion? I already have a Panasonic Bluray player BDT-320, which is one of the models that can take the TPS multiregion firmware.

Their upgrade disc costs £60 which seems quite a lot, but considering that a player already 'chipped' will cost at least £150-£200 anyway doesn't seem too bad.

I just wanted to know if anyone had done it this way anyway and is it a good service etc. I've said time and time again I don't want to go region free because of the additional temptation of more discs, but the likes of Shout and Criterion are putting out such good discs these days...
What is TPS?
Old 14th September 2015, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran

It's an online shop that sells multi region bluray players!
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!