Old 18th December 2015, 12:23 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post

Me, for one! Been long rumoured that Mark Kermode has seen Blatty's original cut. Really looking forward to finally seeing this, but it'll be strange with no Jason Miller.

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 18th December 2015 at 12:31 AM. Reason: unfinished
Old 18th December 2015, 09:57 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The news is also on Fangoria:

Director’s Cut of “THE EXORCIST III: LEGION” is coming to Blu-ray!
in: Movies/TV,News | December 17, 2015 - 7:55 am | by: Ken W. Hanley | Comments Off on Director’s Cut of “THE EXORCIST III: LEGION” is coming to Blu-ray!

A few weeks ago, a rather interesting email popped up in my inbox regarding a potential news tip, claiming that THE EXORCIST III: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT was discovered, assembled and is getting a Blu-ray release. However, with an unproven source emailing under a clear pseudonym, this writer was a bit apprehensive going forward with the news, especially considering that THE EXORCIST III was only recently given a Blu-ray release of its own. Yet news out of Destroy the Brain today has given this writer cause to revisit that email with much less caution as it appears that William Peter Blatty’s original cut of THE EXORCIST III: LEGION will be making its debut on Blu-ray soon!

That’s right: from the mouth of Blatty and Morgan Creek themselves, it seems that the “lost” footage from the original cut of THE EXORCIST III has been recovered and is being restored for a high definition release. No word on who is distributing it or if this will be a special release, such as a new 2K/4K transfer or a feature-packed “Collector’s Edition,” although if one had to guess by the stark honesty from Blatty and Morgan Creek, perhaps a formal announcement on or around Christmas might be a safe bet. In any case, for a climate where lost footage can truly sometimes be lost, the revival of film culture and collector’s markets has helped make miracles for horror films, especially in a case where elements have been lost for 25 years such as THE EXORCIST III.

After revisiting the original email, this writer has learned the following about the upcoming Blu-ray release: it will be a Region A release that will conclusively happen in 2016 from a proven U.S. specialty distributor. However, after some digging on this writer’s part, no one has come to claim responsibility for the release just yet; perhaps the i’s haven’t been dotted nor the t’s crossed, but more than likely, a release like this might be kept on the hush-hush until a more momentous occasion calls for it. Furthermore, many of the specialty distributors this writer reached out to offered a firm denial as opposed to a more vague answer or no comment, including prime suspect Scream Factory who previously worked with Morgan Creek to release NIGHTBREED: THE DIRECTOR’S CUT. Keep an eye out for more on THE EXORCIST III: DIRECTOR’S CUT Blu-ray when it becomes available here at FANGORIA.com!
Old 23rd December 2015, 12:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gotta be a Scream Factory release, as mentioned in the article Nos posted-they worked with Morgan Creek on Nightbreed. Whoever it is, it's a day one purchase for me
keirarts likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Up on Diabolik's site.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1071bdcd6c5852db8b74a33b8bdc93e5.jpg.jpg (15.6 KB, 21 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th December 2015, 08:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hopefully there's a reversible cover!

An early run of their dvd of this classic featured a reversible cover!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th January 2016, 10:56 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases

Cliff MacMillan has all but confirmed on blu-ray.com that Shout Factory are releasing Death Wish II uncut special edition. He told people who were thinking of buying the Austrian mediabook that they might want to hold off getting it, and that they'll be making sure it's worth the wait after the R-rated US disc and the unrated Austrian disc.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452815806.860270.jpg

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 14th January 2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: .
Old 21st January 2016, 09:09 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

1st March from Kino......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81fjfyWFliL._SL1500_.jpg (86.4 KB, 10 views)

Old 21st January 2016, 09:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Cliff MacMillan has all but confirmed on blu-ray.com that Shout Factory are releasing Death Wish II uncut special edition. He told people who were thinking of buying the Austrian mediabook that they might want to hold off getting it, and that they'll be making sure it's worth the wait after the R-rated US disc and the unrated Austrian disc.

Attachment 174429
Is that the US poster you've shown?

I've always loved this artwork.I'd have bought one of those mediabooks had they used this.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (17.3 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 510hlQo5n6L._SY355_.jpg (25.2 KB, 10 views)
keirarts likes this.

Old 21st January 2016, 09:33 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Is that the US poster you've shown?

I've always loved this artwork.I'd have bought one of those mediabooks had they used this.....

Yeah, one of them. I'd expect Shout to use that or a reversible cover with one of these US posters (unless it has new art and one of the posters on the reverse).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453415582.121767.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1453415590.955597.jpg
keirarts likes this.
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:27 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Flicker Alley, in partnership with the Film Noir Foundation and UCLA Film & Television Archive, has announced that it will release on Blu-ray two newly-restored noir classics: Too Late for Tears and Woman on the Run. The two releases will be available for purchase on April 12.

Too Late for Tears (1949)

Rescued and preserved after a five-year crusade by the Film Noir Foundation, this 1949 classic is at long last available in a clean digital version, transferred from a 35mm print painstakingly restored by UCLA Film & Television Archive.

When a pair of film noir icons like Lizabeth Scott and Dan Duryea collide, sparks are sure to fly. Jane Palmer (Scott) and her husband Alan (Arthur Kennedy) mysteriously have $60,000 literally dropped in their laps. The circumstances seem mighty suspicious to Alan, who wants to turn the money over to the police. But in a materialistic rapture, Jane won't let it go. She doesn't care where it came from, or what danger might ensue-not if it will bring her the luxury she craves. Enter shady Danny Fuller (Duryea, as cocky and menacing as ever), who claims the money belongs to him. Let the games begin! Roy Huggins' snappy script (adapted from his novel) is a complex, breezy and black-hearted homage to James M. Cain and Raymond Chandler. Rapacious housewife Jane Palmer is one of the juiciest female villains in Hollywood history, and Liz Scott's best role ever.

Flicker Alley is excited to present this world-premiere Blu-ray/DVD dual-format edition of Too Late For Tears, restored by UCLA Film & Television Archive, and passionately championed by the Film Noir Foundation, with special thanks to the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Together with Woman on the Run, this film marks the first collaboration between Flicker Alley and the Film Noir Foundation.

Special Features:

Audio Commentary Track - By writer, historian, and film programmer Alan K. Rode.
"Chance Of A Lifetime: The Making of Too Late For Tears" - Produced by Steven Smith and the Film Noir Foundation and featuring Eddie Muller, Kim Morgan, and Julie Kirgo, this mini-doc offers a behind-the-scenes examination of the film's original production.
"Tiger Hunt: Restoring Too Late For Tears" - Produced by Steven Smith and the Film Noir Foundation, this is a chronicle of the multi-year mission to rescue this "lost" noir classic.
"Noir City" - A short documentary directed by Joe Talbot about the annual Noir City Film Festival presented by the Film Noir Foundation at San Francisco's historic Castro Theatre.
24-Page Souvenir Booklet - Featuring rare photographs, poster art, original lobby cards, and an essay by writer and noir-expert Brian Light.

Woman on the Run (1950)

Thanks to the efforts of the Film Noir Foundation, this terrific 1950 film noir, the only American print of which was burned in a 2008 fire, has been rescued and restored to its original luster. Join the wild chase around San Francisco as a man goes into hiding after witnessing a gangland execution. Police bird-dog his wife Eleanor (Ann Sheridan), certain she'll lead them to her husband, whose testimony against the killer could bring down a crime kingpin. But Eleanor and her hubbie are Splitsville-she never wants to see him again. When roguish newspaperman Danny Legget (Dennis O'Keefe) charms Eleanor into helping him track down the hidden husband-there are unexpected, stunning, and poignant results. This nervy, shot-on-location thriller is a witty and wise look at the travails of romance and marriage, and perhaps the best cinematic depiction ever of mid-20th century San Francisco.

Flicker Alley is honored to present this world-premiere Blu-ray/DVD dual-format edition of Woman on the Run, completely restored by the Film Noir Foundation in conjunction with UCLA Film & Television Archive, with special thanks to the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's Charitable Grant Trust and the British Film Institute. Together with Too Late For Tears, this film marks the first collaboration between Flicker Alley and the Film Noir Foundation.

Special Features:

Audio Commentary Track - By author, historian, and "noirchaelogist" Eddie Muller.
"Love is a Rollercoaster: Woman on the Run Revisited" - Produced by Steven Smith and the Film Noir Foundation, this mini-doc offers a look into the making of the film, from script to noir classic.
"A Wild Ride: Restoring Woman on the Run" - Produced by Steven Smith and the Film Noir Foundation, this stranger-than-fiction document of the film's restoration is a thriller in itself.
"Noir City" - A short documentary directed by Joe Talbot about the annual Noir City Film Festival presented by by the Film Noir Foundation at San Francisco's historic Castro Theatre.
24-Page Souvenir Booklet - Featuring rare photographs, poster art, original lobby cards, and an essay by the one and only Eddie Muller.

Like this? Share it using the links below!