Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming Non-UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1971-upcoming-non-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

gag 23rd June 2022 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 672249)
I don't usually squirm at trailers but this is definitely the Cronenberg we love :pop2::pop2:

Considering how big Cronenberg and Argento is and there early films being shown in the cinema in their hey day that you’d think they’d at least show their latest films even if it’s just on one screen for a couple days, I think they be more popular than you think, these are the type of film I prefer to see on big screen.

nosferatu42 23rd June 2022 07:08 PM

I really wanted to go and experience a proper Cronenberg horror at the cinema, seeing as he doesn't normally make those films anymore, but Crimes hasn't been shown at all around here, instead we get Jurassic and superhero shite. Really annoyed me.

gag 23rd June 2022 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 672251)
I really wanted to go and experience a proper Cronenberg horror at the cinema, seeing as he doesn't normally make those films anymore, but Crimes hasn't been shown at all around here, instead we get Jurassic and superhero shite. Really annoyed me.

Lol you ain’t kidding as I pointed The black phone not even been shown on one screen for a week just odd one showing here and there, meanwhile stuff like Jurassic park and other garbage are shown on 3 screens.

MrBarlow 23rd June 2022 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 672253)
Lol you ain’t kidding as I pointed The black phone not even been shown on one screen for a week just odd one showing here and there, meanwhile stuff like Jurassic park and other garbage are shown on 3 screens.

Yeah same in Dundee, Odeon Deluxe as they are now called are really not showing many films but they are available in other Odeon Cinemas scattered around Scotland.

Susan Foreman 23rd June 2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 672246)
From the Mind of David Cronenberg
“Crimes of the Future”
Coming to Blu-ray™ and DVD August 9th

Distribution Solutions, a division of Alliance Entertainment,

https://horrornews.net/173690/coming...isten-stewart/

It's up for pre-order at Amazon US - $22.99

Special features:
  • The Making of Crimes of the Future - Featurette
  • Theatrical trailers

Susan Foreman 24th June 2022 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Doesn't look like this one will be an early candidate for a UK release...ever!

Le Binh Giang’s 'KFC' (2012-2016) - Coming soon to Blu-ray from Dekanalog!

"To be honest, the synopsis of the film has so many trigger words, that I can’t even post it here. The trailer is equally rough. Look this crazy shit up though."

So, I looked at the synopsis on IMDB:

"Pure evil exists. It lives in Hanoi, in a small house that has been partly converted into an operating-theatre-cum-torture-chamber. Here, patients are cut up into bite-size pieces and posthumously raped by a cannibalistic doctor and his taciturn sidekick. His fat son, now also addicted to the taste of human flesh, befriends the children of a prostitute who fell victim to the deadly doctor. This amoral violence is inevitably passed on to the next generation. A cycle of cruelty is set in motion."

Demoncrat 24th June 2022 05:32 PM

I'd give that a perusal now, it is only a film after all :nod::pop2:

Susan Foreman 6th July 2022 07:25 AM

'The Amusement Park' (1975) - Blu-ray pre-order available from Import CDs - $16:69

Release date: September 13

"An elderly gentleman goes for what he assumes will be an ordinary day at the amusement park, only to find himself in the middle of a hellish nightmare"

Only has a run time of 54 minutes by the look of things

Presumably more information to be announced

nosferatu42 6th July 2022 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 672789)
'The Amusement Park' (1975) - Blu-ray pre-order available from Import CDs - $16:69

Release date: September 13

"An elderly gentleman goes for what he assumes will be an ordinary day at the amusement park, only to find himself in the middle of a hellish nightmare"

Only has a run time of 54 minutes by the look of things

Presumably more information to be announced

That's that George Romero short film that turned up a few years back.

Justin101 6th July 2022 01:22 PM

I didn't enjoy it at all, I feel that was the point though. It's not one for the permanent collection though I'd never want to watch it.