LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th April 2012, 09:58 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
You would think so! Unfortunately those covers are dogshit, so I won't be buying them
I'm with you on that. Talk about generic Photoshop banality.
Old 8th April 2012, 01:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm always on the side of 'better shit than none'.
Pete and dream demon like this.
Old 8th April 2012, 01:20 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I'm always on the side of 'better shit than none'.
not me I'm afraid. I'll stick with my dvds
Old 8th April 2012, 01:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
You would think so! Unfortunately those covers are dogshit, so I won't be buying them
Dogshit, excellent!
Old 8th April 2012, 02:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I actually don't mind those Chuck Norris covers. Especially since I'd spend more time watching the movie than staring at the cover.

I've never understood the mentality whereby you won't buy a film because of the cover. Are you really saying that the cover is more important to you than the actual movie that's on the disc? I don't get it, myself. Not really being critical, just struggling to understand the mentality that will deprive you of a movie you want based solely on the fact that you don't like the cover. Is it really that important?
LoBo and dream demon like this.
Old 8th April 2012, 02:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've got stacks of DVDs and Blu-rays that feature shoddy artwork and agree, the film is the most important thing.

I'm sure Stephen can explain for himself but I think his reasoning is that he recently bought German DVD editions of some of the titles because they feature original artwork, so it's not like he's shunning an opportunity to own the films.
Old 8th April 2012, 02:35 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I actually don't mind those Chuck Norris covers. Especially since I'd spend more time watching the movie than staring at the cover.

I've never understood the mentality whereby you won't buy a film because of the cover. Are you really saying that the cover is more important to you than the actual movie that's on the disc? I don't get it, myself. Not really being critical, just struggling to understand the mentality that will deprive you of a movie you want based solely on the fact that you don't like the cover. Is it really that important?
For me, it's as important as the film inside the box. And as Paul has mentioned, I bought the German Delta Force dvd for the original artwork, I'm not about to pay, what will probably be around £60-65 for 3 Chuck Norris BD's. But strangely enough, I wouldn't have minded paying that If they used the original poster art. Just one of my many eccentricities.
Old 8th April 2012, 04:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
For me, it's as important as the film inside the box. And as Paul has mentioned, I bought the German Delta Force dvd for the original artwork, I'm not about to pay, what will probably be around £60-65 for 3 Chuck Norris BD's. But strangely enough, I wouldn't have minded paying that If they used the original poster art. Just one of my many eccentricities.
just to stick my 10 cents worth in, my dad was a second hand book collector/dealer and a lot of collectors of modern first editions where very picky about dust covers ect, one could argue that the contents inside are more important but I do think to some collectors the package as a whole has value as part of a collection.
Old 8th April 2012, 09:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's an interesting analogy.
Old 8th April 2012, 11:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Fair enough, mate. I genuinely wasn't being critical, I just can't get my head around not buying a film based on the cover art. But each to their own and all that - you have to buy what makes you happy, now that I understand.

Like this? Share it using the links below!