Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2013, 01:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Shame they don't have the limited edition wooden box version as I've used D&T a few times and have always found them to be superb.
As I mentioned before, the wooden box edition is exclusive to BMV Medien.

Torsten Kaiser, the man responsible for the restoration and remastering of the new transfer for Re-Animator (as well as Bride Of Re-Animator and Society), has started posting about the restoration process on the German board cinefacts.

If you are interested, I could sum up and translate the most important information for you.
Old 30th July 2013, 01:26 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
If you are interested, I could sum up and translate the most important information for you.
You even have to ask? Although I fear if I read about it, i'll have to buy it!
Old 30th July 2013, 01:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
You even have to ask? Although I fear if I read about it, i'll have to buy it!
You should really do it, because the work they have put into it is amazing. Keep in mind also that we are talking about a movie that you haven't been allowed to sell or promote in public here in Germany for the last 25 years or so.
Old 30th July 2013, 01:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

source: Torsten Kaiser (TLEFilms - Film Transfers Scans Grading Color Timing CleanUP Restorations in Picture and Sound -- TRANSFERS / SCANS High Definition Tranfers / Scans: of 16mm, 35mm: Spirit Datacine; Millenium II), Capelight bringt RE-ANIMATOR und BRIDE OF RE-ANIMATOR auf BD!!! - Seite 45

Re-Animator restoration by TLE Films: PART 1

- a master was made available – however, due to the quality of the material, the publisher Capelight and TLE Films (responsible for the technical aspects of this release), convinced them to start from scratch

- base material: intermidiate positive and original camera negative

- equipment: IMAGICA Imager XE Advance Plus Film Scanner (scanned in 4k), Baselight, various programs for digital restoration (a lot of scratches etc. had to be removed, especially on reel 1)

- color restoration was done on a 6 meter screen and various other monitors, after that the scan was downconverted to 2k for further restoration

- the restoration was done manual, meaning that no Cleanup or DeNoising/DeGraining tools were used here in order to maintain all the details

- frames that had to be cleaned up: 40.000 (resulting in 250.000 damages that were corrected)

- some SFX shots have a lower quality, this is due to the technique of inserting SFX back then

To be continued.
Old 30th July 2013, 02:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Can the BMV MEDIEN site be translated into English as my German is crap?
Old 30th July 2013, 04:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have a problem with that site as I click on the link to register because the DVD/BD is for people aged 18 and over, I sign in and it goes straight back to the page it was on before.
Old 30th July 2013, 05:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm sorry I can help you with this, but I have never used that page and I have no account there. Maybe you should write them an email.
Old 30th July 2013, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Is it just me or does the Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection Volume 2 Blu-Ray Review look like standard dvds? The screencaps in the review make it look like there are serious compression issues among other things (possible upscales?). I really hope it's just a case of bad screencaps because if that is indicative of the way the blu ray discs look then I will just be getting the dvd set.
Old 30th July 2013, 08:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Is it just me or does the Fernando Di Leo Crime Collection Volume 2 Blu-Ray Review look like standard dvds? The screencaps in the review make it look like there are serious compression issues among other things (possible upscales?). I really hope it's just a case of bad screencaps because if that is indicative of the way the blu ray discs look then I will just be getting the dvd set.
I only know that already half of the first volume consisted of upscales.

Coming soon

Society [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: Billy Warlock, Devin Devasquez, Evan Richards, Ben Meyerson, Charles Lucia, Brian Yuzna: Filme & TV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 71AWtiYTrhL._SL1282_.jpg (90.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 30th July 2013, 08:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Finished with German mediabooks etc.
Be okay if I could read 'em!

I'll stick with the steelbook from Zavvi for EDII.

Still no Brood from Zoverstocks.Again email fell on deaf ears,so they've left me no option but to contact Play.
Arseholes.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!