Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2013, 01:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Who's stupid idea was it to stick a giant Blu and Ultraviolet banner right on top. It really is one of my biggest pet hates. I've literally not bought a Blu-ray before because of the annoying Blue banner. What? are we all idiots who can't tell the difference between a DVD and a Blu-ray? ....... rant over..... as you were
In Australia, the ultraviolet banners are purple, hideous, and now appearing not only on every new release blu ray, but DVD as well. Yet another reason not to support my local economy.

Though Umbrella are releasing upgrade of Scream titles like The Island, They Live, and also things like Patrick, Maniac, Dead Ringers and Halloween 4&5

We're also getting a new label called Cinema Cult, who've gotten The Burning, House By The Cemetery, The Beyond, City Of The Living Dead, Dead & Buried, Vampyres and more.

So after a long wait, Australia has pulled the proverbial thumb out of their arse, and finally getting their horror/cult blu rays.
Hawkmonger likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 2nd August 2013, 07:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
I only know that already half of the first volume consisted of upscales.
Interesting, I do remember a few from the first volume looking "off". I'll have to go back and watch them. I'm grateful that these films are getting released but I just wish they would have done a better job on the transfers. I think I'll go ahead pick this up during one of their Facebook sales.
Old 2nd August 2013, 07:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
Interesting, I do remember a few from the first volume looking "off". I'll have to go back and watch them. I'm grateful that these films are getting released but I just wish they would have done a better job on the transfers. I think I'll go ahead pick this up during one of their Facebook sales.
Just look at the difference of the video quality between let's say Milano Calibro 9 and La Mala Ordina.
The first one is definetly coming from native HD material, although quality suffers from the same scanner issues as most transfers of italian genre movies. But La Mala Ordina, shows no signs of this. It says on the box though, that alle the movies were processed at the same place. Also, look at the movie closely and you will notice, that it doesn't look much different from a standard DVD upscaled on your player.
Of course it looks better than the dvd, because a decent master upscaled to 1080 can still look decent. To be honest, for the 15 euros I paid, I am very happy with that set.
Old 2nd August 2013, 08:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm quite happy with it as well. Regardless, I'm looking forward to owning this new set. At least we get these films in a decent presentation and not some third generation VHS rip.
Old 3rd August 2013, 08:29 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have a problem with that site as I click on the link to register because the DVD/BD is for people aged 18 and over, I sign in and it goes straight back to the page it was on before.
The Wooden box edition is up for preorder at D&T Mailorder now.

EVIL DEAD 2
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:00 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Re-Animator is now listed on Amazon.de for 28.91EUR - http://www.amazon.de/Re-Animator-Lim...ds=re-animator

while it's only 19.99 on DTM - D&T Mailorder Shop
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:02 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The Wooden box edition is up for preorder at D&T Mailorder now.

EVIL DEAD 2
Thanks – preordered!
Old 3rd August 2013, 09:05 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Re-Animator is now listed on Amazon.de for 28.91EUR - Re-Animator 3-Disc Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray: Amazon.de: Bruce Abbott, Stuart Gordon: Filme & TV

while it's only 19.99 on DTM - D&T Mailorder Shop
Although I'm pretty much spent up for the first half of August already, that's a very tempting price!
Old 3rd August 2013, 07:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Jess Franco's Doriana Grey and Jack the Ripper getting released by Ascot Elite in September. If i remember correctly the Anchor Bay disc of Jack the Ripper looked very good, is Ascot known for quality?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5940446_gf.jpg (18.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 5940447_gf.jpg (18.1 KB, 7 views)
Pete likes this.
Old 3rd August 2013, 08:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
Jess Franco's Doriana Grey and Jack the Ripper getting released by Ascot Elite in September. If i remember correctly the Anchor Bay disc of Jack the Ripper looked very good, is Ascot known for quality?
I would say they are a decent label. What I can tell you is that the poducer of the movie (Erwin C. Dietrich) was involved in the making of these editions and that he provided the material for the restoration of the movie. So I think we can hope for a good release
ReturnToZero likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!