Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just pre-ordered Bride of Re-Animator 3 disc edition from Amazon.de and yes the cover is terrible
Old 23rd December 2013, 01:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Japan is getting a boxset for the first Robocop movie.....with the original artwork. I'm VERY tempted!

Old 23rd December 2013, 01:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That's very nice, but I bet it costs upwards of £50.
Old 23rd December 2013, 01:22 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's very nice, but I bet it costs upwards of £50.
£29 before shipping, so probably 40-45.
Old 23rd December 2013, 01:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
£29 before shipping, so probably 40-45.
Less than I was expecting, but you may also have to add customs charges on top of that, which is a shame. Why can't the UK have such sweet releases?
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 23rd December 2013, 02:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Japan is getting a boxset for the first Robocop movie.....with the original artwork. I'm VERY tempted!

That really should have been the artwork on the upcoming steelbook instead of that hideous design that makes Robocop look 20 feet tall
Old 23rd December 2013, 02:30 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
That really should have been the artwork on the upcoming steelbook instead of that hideous design that makes Robocop look 20 feet tall
You'll get no arguments from me! The poster artwork would've been great on the steelbook.
Old 24th December 2013, 11:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

VINEGAR SYNDROME CHRISTMAS ANNOUNCMENT

So before we head out of here next week for our little holiday break (we'll still update the page and take orders, but nothing will probably go out between next tuesday-thursday), we'd like to give an update on some great things to come in 2014:

- We have done some major upgrades equipment wise (read: Arriscan film scanner), and for next year you can expect a good amount of 4k scanning and restorations!

- Our sister company is now OCN Digital Labs. OCN will be handling all film scanning and restoration. Check out OCN Digital Labs | Motion Picture Film Scanning and Digital Restoration

- The Black Friday sale definitely showed us how we underestimated the response to our merchandise site. We will be hammering out the kinks, getting more prepared (i.e. more stock) before major sales, and work better in the customer service department.

- We're thinking of doing a web video series about film restoration, film history, etc. Again just to see how it goes (no crazy "reality" tv drama here, its mostly just restoring features and smelling like vinegar occasionally).

- As mentioned before, we will indeed be making some shirts, maybe a hoodie too. Just a couple designs to start with, see how well they do. These should be coming in the 1st quarter of 2014.

- We've been getting questions about summer internships here from a number of students. We are looking into doing it, giving college credit as well as experience, but we'll have a better notion after the chaos of construction here, and we'll give a better update in a month or so.

- I'm sure you're sick of the flyers, but we are very excited for the launch of Skinaflix next year. More news on that as it comes, early registration is still open (Skinaflix.com)!

- Alright, so many of you would like to know about some upcoming releases for 2014, so here we go (release dates TBD):

SUGAR COOKIES: Our first 4k restoration!

GRADUATION DAY: Another definite 4k restoration, probably releasing around Halloween...

NAKED ZOO: A fun flick if you're down for some Rita Hayworth and Canned Heat!

THE JEKYLL AND HYDE PORTFOLIO: Hey no matter what, we won't charge you $2000.00 for a VHS copy on ebay...

PEEKARAMA: A new line of pure X rated features, many to be announced soon, the first of which will feature ABDUCTION OF AN AMERICAN PLAYGIRL & WINTER HEAT...available for pre-order at vinegarsyndrome.com!

LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET aka THE FUN HOUSE: All we'll say on this is that it is being worked on and handled with the utmost care for a release in 2014. All other details remain CLASSIFIED.

We have many more surprises in store for 2014 -- it's going to be a great year for VS!

Thank you all for the support this first year, and we look forward to delivering to you all a great film experience in 2014!

- Ryan, Joe aka Lee Jones, and Brandon
http://www.vinegarsyndrome,com
OCN Digital Labs | Motion Picture Film Scanning and Digital Restoration
Skinaflix.com

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 27th December 2013, 10:06 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The artwork for Twilight Time's February release of Thunderbolt And Lightfoot. Liking the original poster artwork, not liking them changing the title font. They really need to be more consistant with their covers.

Old 27th December 2013, 10:36 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
The artwork for Twilight Time's February release of Thunderbolt And Lightfoot. Liking the original poster artwork, not liking them changing the title font. They really need to be more consistant with their covers.

Such a great film. The source novel is worth tracking down too.

Like this? Share it using the links below!