Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

mark meakin 13th June 2008 04:39 PM

Icons Of Adventure (SONY r1) this set of 4 Hammer films is highly recommended for fans.Nice widescreen prints plus commentaries & trailers.

Peter Neal 14th June 2008 06:37 PM

The R2 "Gruesome Edition" of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2" for unbelievable 4,99 Euro!:eek:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted 2 remaining copies in the bargain bin today.
This release had been announced in Scandinavia last autumn, but never surfaced in the Helsinki stores...so thank you, MGM, for saving me some cash.:p
Would have bought the bugger instantly last year for trice the money.:rofl:

vipco 14th June 2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 8158)
The Norman J Warren Collection AB UK
Inc

Satan's Slave
Prey
Terror
Inseminoid

First time I've seen the uncut UK version of Satan's Slave. Interesting to see what the BBFC previously cut especially from the bedroom scene.

Prey - another excellent film. Perhaps it is a bit wordy but the actors make it worthwhile.

Not too keen on Inseminoind though.

Definetly gonna order this set.
Prey and Inseminoid are the two films im mainly getting it for as I can't find these on they're own anywhere on DVD.

Was gonna get a SAW 3 and SAW 4 on BluRay as part of a 2 for 19.99 deal but parts 1 and 2 aren't out yet on BluRay in the UK so its pretty pointless getting 3 and 4.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 15th June 2008 10:21 AM

The new abus disc of Argento's PHENOMENA is well,phenomenal...;)

Paul@TheOverlook 15th June 2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 8308)

Bet it's not the extended "Integral" version, as featured on the OOP German DVD issued by Dragon Entertainment.

bedorca 16th June 2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 8308)

How good Reaps?

gax 16th June 2008 08:22 PM

i got the new creepers dvd dont no why i hate it, 1 10 min making of better than my uk dvd but not as good as my integral dvd :) (its good to have german m8s) got the new tenebrae dvd as well thats got better xtras than creepers a 20 min making of but dose not include the interveiw with argento thats on the uk dvd.Just bought cannibal holocaust ultrabit for the uncut road to hell thats not on my grindhouse version, so now i have 3 dvds of creepers,2 of tenebrae and 3 dvds of cannibal holocaust,My sister came round yesterday and asked me why i have so many dvds of the same film she just dont understand :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th June 2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 8411)
How good Reaps?

Extras and pic quality wise mate.....;)

gax 16th June 2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 8434)
Extras and pic quality wise mate.....;)

do we have the same dvd :)

(btw i hate this film )the commentary is ok, a dark fairytale is quite good not the best making of not the worst,the luigi cozzi segment is straight off of argento master of horror,the 2 music videos are about the best thing on it and why include the french audio but not the itlian,the picture is very good if your a fan u should get it

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th June 2008 08:59 PM

Compared to the region 2 I had mate,it's night and day.....:)