Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 20th September 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew009 (Post 182642)
i have to see the 3d movie which name is aavtar this is very good 3d movie hope u like that in which all scene and artist is good have u seen this or not if not then u definetly seen it.............

regards

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

PaulD 20th September 2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 182688)
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

James Cameron has a lot of time on his hands these days eh? :)

Demoncrat 20th September 2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 182689)
James Cameron has a lot of time on his hands these days eh? :)

as long as it keeps him awa frae the camera, il be a happy teuchter...:happy:

Gojirosan 20th September 2011 12:20 PM

Yesterday I saw:

Troll Hunter - wonderful film that I adored. One of the best of the year. The found footage thing seems to be hard to get right, but they certainly get it very right here.

Detective Dee And The Mystery Of The Phantom Flame - Tsui Hark's best in many years. A truly magnificent film which covers everything I want from a martial arts type flick, ie historical period setting, glorious costumes, astounding sets, massive scope, fantastical elements, spectacle! Also features some of the very best and best integrated CGI work I have yet seen in film. I cannot get across how much I recommend this!

13 Assassins - second viewing. Still a masterpiece. I reckon this is the best Takashi Miike film that I have seen. I still haven't seen the original, but this surely must rank as one of the finest remakes ever...?

James Morton 20th September 2011 01:12 PM

What films have you seen recently?

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS - very good, but I prefer KILL BILL
FATAL FRAMES - crazy giallo, but I enjoyed it, though the lead actress looks like a trannie, and she can't sing

Slippery Jack 20th September 2011 02:42 PM

Dream Home

:eek:

Don't think I've winced that much since Inside! A great showcase of how CGI can be used well to create truly shocking gore effects. As a recession-horror I thought it was a little one-note, and had trouble relating to the main character's predicament, what with her being a mad psycho bitch n' all... A mighty fine gore spectacular though!

Phurious 20th September 2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 182762)
Dream Home

:eek:

Don't think I've winced that much since Inside! A great showcase of how CGI can be used well to create truly shocking gore effects. As a recession-horror I thought it was a little one-note, and had trouble relating to the main character's predicament, what with her being a mad psycho bitch n' all... A mighty fine gore spectacular though!

Another Frightfest fave from last year (you know, the good year :p ) - had everyone in stitches.

I thought it was really well shot with some remarkable vistas and kind of abstract building shots.

Best death by bong ever :nod:

Slippery Jack 20th September 2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 182869)
I thought it was really well shot with some remarkable vistas and kind of abstract building shots.

Best death by bong ever :nod:

Yeah I liked the Gursky style title sequence with the montage building shots. The extended business with the broken-off bed frame was my favourite - loved the grand guignol payoff shot with all the bodies at the end - I could sense the FF crowd cheering at that bit :lol:

Makes me wanna watch Inside again . . .

Phurious 20th September 2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 182873)
Yeah I liked the Gursky style title sequence with the montage building shots. The extended business with the broken-off bed frame was my favourite - loved the grand guignol payoff shot with all the bodies at the end :lol:

Makes me wanna watch Inside again . . .

Aha - Gursky, just Googled and nearly got a boner - exactly my kind of photography.

Good goreble bill with Inside maybe?

Slippery Jack 20th September 2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 182875)
Aha - Gursky, just Googled and nearly got a boner - exactly my kind of photography.

Good goreble bill with Inside maybe?

Yeah Gursky fries my brain! I'd probably suffer the Stendhal Syndrome if I ever saw his full-size prints in a gallery :eek: . . .

AWESOME goreble bill with Inside :cool: a Halloween must . . .