Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2011, 04:31 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Today I watched:

Poultrygeist: crude, vulgar, gory, Tromatastic! The songs were really good too. I really, really enjoyed this while feeling both queasy and guilty throughout.

Black Swan: I was slightly disappointed with this, don't know why. Don;t get me wrong, it's a great film but I just don't think I was in the right frame of mind to watch it. Not really a Wednesday afternoon kind of film I guess. Will probably watch it again in a few weeks.
Old 21st September 2011, 04:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Today I watched:

Poultrygeist: crude, vulgar, gory, Tromatastic! The songs were really good too. I really, really enjoyed this while feeling both queasy and guilty throughout.

Black Swan: I was slightly disappointed with this, don't know why. Don;t get me wrong, it's a great film but I just don't think I was in the right frame of mind to watch it. Not really a Wednesday afternoon kind of film I guess. Will probably watch it again in a few weeks.
I've had Poultrygeist on my shelves unwatched for ages now. Really need to remedy this.

As for Black Swan, well I really, really, really like it and have watched it loads. I can understand how you probably need to be in the right frame of mind for it. Maybe you'll do a 180 and enjoy it next time, maybe not though.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 21st September 2011, 04:39 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Today I watched:

POULTRYGEIST is definitely one of Troma's best films, ott and I never felt queasy or guilty!!
Old 21st September 2011, 05:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Who Saw Her Die?
Found this very dull. A sickly-looking George Lazenby made for a highly unmemorable protagonist, and the mystery element contained little interest. Started promisingly enough, and carried a suitable level of dread as the daughter is stalked by the prowling camera. But after her murder, the film just seemed to plod along, and the whole last hour was a real drag. An eerie main theme from Morricone, though it gradually became annoying through overuse – must’ve appeared on the soundtrack at least 20 times! The Venice locations carried the majority of the film’s atmosphere, with half-hearted murder set pieces and a naff chase scene failing to generate much excitement.
Old 21st September 2011, 05:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Saw The Shrine a new Canadian horror film starring the actress who played Lisa in Supernatural. It was very good, not saying it's a modern classic or anything but it starts as one sub genre and warps into another and was very glad that it did.
Well worth a watch.
Night of the Creeps (1986)
Old 21st September 2011, 07:13 PM
Cult Rookie

I saw "The Graves".

It was... ok. I mean nothing new, just your average stalk and slash. I only really watched it because Bill Moseley was in it (he who can do no wrong in my eyes!), Tony Todd and I band I like called Calabrese!

http://www.thegoreconsortium.blogspot.com << My little horror blog
Old 21st September 2011, 11:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've just come back from seeing Warrior and it was an absolute masterpiece. Rocky and The Fighter can eat their hearts out, watching this film was the most intense time I've had in a cinema ever. I was shaking with adrenaline, soaking with sweat and so emotional that I felt I could have burst into tears at any moment after walking out the cinema when it ended. Words cannot describe how great it was. 10 out of 10 then more some.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:43 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched Kill The Irishman tonight, It was a decent gangster film along the lines of Goodfellas with a stunning central performance by Ray Stevenson. Also had Christopher Walken and Paul Sorvino. Worth a look for people who like mob films but don't expect Once Upon A Time America.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Like Minds, a thriller about this lad that is accused of killing a fellow schoolmate who sees a forensic psychologist to get to the bottom of what actually happened.

I thought this was a excellent and clever movie, I cant reveal too much in case people want to see as the end is a twist.

Acting is very good esp by Eddie Redmayne and Tom Sturridge.

8/10

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
To be truthful dont think ive ever seen a mario bava film..
Try one, bet you'll like em.
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!