Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd September 2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 183467)
Also, I think the stick he get's is due to the fact that for years his less personal work like CANNIBALS, REVENGE IN THE HOUSE OF USHER, OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES etc where the only films available, while most of his better films weren't available until fairly recently.

Very good point.

I even like Devil Hunter.

Must be a hidden ping pong ball fetish i have.

Pete 22nd September 2011 10:45 PM

DH is very silly, the helicopter 'crash' is hilarious.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd September 2011 10:47 PM

He tries to be ambitious in his movies.

platostotal 22nd September 2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 183461)
I enjoyed SADISTEROTICA/ TWO UNDERCOVER ANGELS. Thought KISS ME MONSTER was boring though. (Incidently, the Redemption VHS of KMM was cut by the bbfc)

Both fine by me, KMM looks far better on the Redemtion vhs than a weird crop on SADIST, love the bit where the guy comes to warn them but gets a knife in the back and dies, so the gals repay his loyalty by driving to the coast and chucking his body off a cliff, made me laugh anyway... Must get em on dvd some day.

platostotal 23rd September 2011 12:57 PM

Watched STAR WARS THE PHANTOM MENACE on dvd last night, firstly it's true what some say, this looks OMFG amazing. Even an old cynic like me can't deny how well CGI is used here to paint a beautiful picture, credit where it's due Lucas outdoes himself in the visuals. The pod race itself is a stunning set piece and the highlight of the film. But... whoever wrote the dialogue/script is in need of a good slapping, childish drivel is an understatement, at one point I expected Liam to reach across and tickle Ewan's chin and go "oochy goochy koo":lol: I'm not joking it's that infantile and ruins the film for anyone over the age of about 9. God, how you miss Han Solo's cynical wit here, maybe Lucas was aiming the film at American pre-teens(in order to sell them action figures and toys no doubt) but it does the STAR WARS legacy no favors. When Darth Maul shows up you really wish he would slice the heroes to bits, and don't even start with Jar Jar. The best way to watch this is to switch the commentary on and just drink in the lush visuals. Not a patch on the original films I'm afraid.

Apologies to fans who like it, but the script just kills it dead, it is very family friendly tho, and the kiddies will love it.

sawyer6 23rd September 2011 01:05 PM

Watched again my favorite Best picture winner ,Midnight Cowboy with Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman at their best.Really love this film

James Morton 23rd September 2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 183460)
I wasn't being unfriendly, i don't think James was either.

You're wrong
Making comments thats all
there are many members on this site who are not sure about different versions of films and all I was staing was a fact on dvdcompare!
which I have said already....

If someone reads my post. and I send a message about a dvd cut/uncut whatever it doesn't mean they will buy the dvd because ater me telling them version mentioned

its all about looking around............

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd September 2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 183436)
Can everyone please remember how easy it is to misconstrue something from a written post and try to remain civil and friendly?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 183460)
I wasn't being unfriendly, i don't think James was either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 183562)
You're wrong
Making comments thats all
there are many members on this site who are not sure about different versions of films and all I was staing was a fact on dvdcompare!
which I have said already....

If someone reads my post. and I send a message about a dvd cut/uncut whatever it doesn't mean they will buy the dvd because ater me telling them version mentioned

its all about looking around............

Why would you contradict me when i said that your posts were in a friendly and civil manner?

Its not worth the time responding to you if thats how you feel.

nekromantik 23rd September 2011 04:51 PM

Just come back from the cinema and saw the re-release of Jurassic Park!
It was simply amazing! The remaster brings out a lot of detail without a hint of digital manipulation. It was a very nostalgic trip as I still remember seeing it as a kid in the cinema when I was 8. :)

Jurassic Park is simply one of the all time greatest movies. As much as I love horror you just cant get a feeling like you do when you watch Jurassic Park.

10/10

Make Them Die Slowly 23rd September 2011 11:11 PM

"Toy Story 3", preferred 1 and 2 but this one packed an emotional punch that I didn't expect. The monkey frightened the shit out of my daughter. Naughty monkey.:tsk::)