Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Paul 16th February 2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 21904)
I have the Pre-Cert of Claws lying around somewhere. It's a good film though I don't remember loads from it, it was years ago when I saw it. Prophecy is good and has some memorable scenes, if only it was paced a bit better though. I must get the DVD of that some time, it keeps slipping my mind.

Prophecy is one of my favorite monster films. I have the US DVD release of it. The picture quality is excellent and it's widescreen, but there's no extras on the disc, not even a trailer!

mark meakin 17th February 2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 22151)
Prophecy is one of my favorite monster films. I have the US DVD release of it. The picture quality is excellent and it's widescreen, but there's no extras on the disc, not even a trailer!

I had the r1 but when I found out it was out in Germany & Holland uncut I bought the r2.

NossB 17th February 2009 08:05 AM

I just bought The Pit/Hellgate after looking through cheap Anchor Bay DVDs on Amazon, I haven't seen either but this line from DVD Verdict sold me:

What do a demonic teddy bear and Horshak from Welcome Back, Kotter have in common? They are both stars of two of the most $%#@-ed up movies ever made.

I didn't need to read the rest of the review.

Mojo 18th February 2009 07:02 PM

The Escapees
Two young women escape from a 'correction centre' and team up with a band of travellers / performance artists. As ever, great photography and bizarre sequences abound, resulting in an entertaining film from Jean Rollin.
If you're a fan of Rollin ( which I am ) and Night Of The Hunted ( ditto ) you should like this.
Pretty good pq and features a nice interview with Rollin, which is interspersed with clips from a number of his films. Recommended.

Paganinni Horror
Oh gawd. Crap female rock band finds 'haunted' music sheet which turns them into equally crap rock band. Paganinni's ghost appears at certain times and starts killing people. This is absolute pants. Don't bother.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th February 2009 07:15 PM

Not reading Mojo...I've still to watch THE ESCAPEES....;)

Mojo 19th February 2009 12:41 PM

Sorry, reaper - I've edited my post ( above ) to avoid any possible spoilers. Anyway, hope you enjoy the dvd.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th February 2009 08:39 PM

Gonna watch it at the weekend Moj....

eiren 20th February 2009 10:07 AM

Got the French version of Necronomicon. Great transfer, really good picture. Shame the French subtitles are burned in, but a really good package. Better film than I remembered it being too.

KPWNINJA 20th February 2009 10:25 AM

Picked up the MGM Essential Horror Collection the other week.
It includes The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Stigmata and Carrie. :p

Also picked up Urotsukidoji III: The Return of the Overfiend. :woot:

Pete 20th February 2009 10:49 AM

Waiting for:

Killer Qeen box - No Shame
Big Alligator River - no shame
Heavens Gate - R1
Who Saw Her Die? - Shameless
SS Hell Pack - Shreik Show