Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2011, 10:14 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
My Own Private Idaho is a pretty good film, I've been meaning to go back and watch that again!
Really? Urgh, I thought it was utter crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Not heard of "Wild Tigers I Have Known", what's it about?
It's about this kid (a boy) who falls in love with a guy slightly older than him and then dresses up as a woman to try and trick him. It's pretty arty farty, but its quite funny and touching at times.
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

nice selection Kyle!

I watched The Laramie Project last night.
Its based on the 1998 murder of Matthew Sheppard.
Matthew was a gay 21 year old guy and one night in October 1998 two local guys around his age took him in their car and beat him up badly and then tied him to a fence in the middle of nowhere and beat him up more and left him there for 18 hours! Then a local person noticed him on the fence and called the police, he got sent to hospital and died few days later due to massive head injury's. The two guys that did it got sent to court and both got 2 lifetime sentences. Back then death penalty was on the cards for one of the guys but even though everyone wanted to put him to death the farther said at a court case " My wife and Matthew did not want death penalty, but I do. As much as I would like to see you die Mr Kinny I will grant you life in the name of Matthew as he ould not want to see you die. So I hope you think about Matt every morning you wake up"

The whole of america was shooken up by this act of gay hate and the world watched. Even President Clinton made a speech about Matt, his death did not go in vein as cause of his death US created the Anti Hate Crime law and whole of America woke up to Hate crime.

It was a very emotional movie, they used actors from Hollywood and TV at the time to portray the people who was interviewed and showed bit of real news footage. Surprising they never showed one picture of Matt. It actually made me sick thinking about what humans can do to each other just because of being different. It also shocking and sad when you hear the person that found him say how they found him and what condition he was in.

Everyone should see this movie I think. Anyway enough of serious stuff

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 23rd October 2011, 11:27 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i watched Blood Creek last night, a nazi occult horror from Joel Schumacher (yeah the same guy who ballsed up batman) and while it did have a slightly more professional look than most moder horror films, it was pretty boring. Michael Fassbender, before he became a 'proper' actor pops up as the evil nazi and it also stars Dominic Purcell (Prison Break) and Henry Cavill (new Superman). Not great but not complete rubbish either..
Old 23rd October 2011, 05:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Watched Amen last night,good film very good perfomances! and today after a long time I watched Raging Bull, still a good film
Old 23rd October 2011, 05:24 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Tuno Negro and Switchblade Romance
Old 23rd October 2011, 05:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Easy A. Didn't really like this, which is a surprise as I love teen movies But this just seemed to be lacking something
Old 23rd October 2011, 05:46 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i watched a film called Panic Button the other day which was a sort of mash up of Saw and Exam, pretty good too.

also watched Red State, Really really liked this, it's no where near the type of film you'd expect from kevin Smith, Highly recommended.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 23rd October 2011, 07:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

A Bittersweet Life - One of the reasons why Jee-woon Kim is one of the best directors out there at the moment.

The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh - A classic giallo with a smoking hot Edwige Fenech, which pretty much = perfection.

The Sentinel - Decent '70s supernatural horror with some nudity and a cat's birthday party. Also stars a young Jeff Goldblum and Christopher Walken. Good stuff.

The Woman - A slow boiler, but great direction (as usual) from McKee and a brilliant cast make this essential viewing, imo. The last half an hour in particular is pretty intense.

The Devil's Kiss - Thanks to ArrowDrome for satisfying my euro-horror craving. Even though the title of 'The Zombie Strangler' would have been more appropriate () this silly, but fun slice of euro-sleaze is the kind of thing that reminds me why DVD is not yet a dead format - more like this please!

Attack the Block - Despite the stereotypical OTT East London accents and slang that plagued the film, I quite enjoyed this one. Well executed with an interesting concept, too.
Old 23rd October 2011, 08:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

- Island of Lost Souls (1932). Outstanding, extremely compelling movie. Laughton's performance is top-notch, as is the whole film. There's a longer review in my "Classic Horror" thread. The Criterion disc is excellent!
- Bride of the Monster (1955). A gem from Ed Wood's trash factory. It's a very amiable movie! Some stills can be found in the "Post Your Favourite Film Stills" thread.

Greetings!
Old 23rd October 2011, 10:27 PM
Active Cultist

Children of the Corn IV

Why? Watch my site on Hallowe'en, thats why...

Like this? Share it using the links below!