Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2011, 05:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The House of the Devil, what a pleasant surprise! It kept me in suspense throughout, and I do love a good occult horror. The main girl looked just like Suzy Bannion from Suspiria in parts haha! 7.5/10.
Old 25th October 2011, 08:26 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
I wouldn't say they were OTT judging from what I hear every day The number of kids who pass by my window 'chatting' like that means I've become inured to it to some degree, but I'd say Cornish and those actors did a spot on job of representing a slice of London youth culture - blud

(The lurking pedant in me wants to say it's south London too )
In order to write my review, I went through all the extra features and it's surprising how little acting the kids did in terms of their voices, with some sounding exactly like the characters when casually chatting offscreen.

Also, it was set in South London, where Joe Cornish lived for a while and was mugged, something he used for inspiration.
Old 25th October 2011, 09:06 AM
Cult Addict

"Crypt of Dark Secrets", terribly dull and slow moving witchcraft/voodoo film by the director of "Mardi Gras Massacre" enlivened every so often by a greasy looking witch shaking her hoodoo humps in a series of ritual dances. However this SWV release contains the excellently titled, LSD short film "Acid Skull" which is worth a look for fans of psychedelic bump and grind.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 25th October 2011, 09:43 AM
Cultist

Watched "Zombie Diaries 2". The acting and story were actually a lot better than I thought they'd be but the zombies were lame. I love slow moving zombies but these guys pretty much stood still!

Also watched "The Pack". I just love French horror at the moment and although this isn't the best film ever it had a great atmosphere and some nice moments. The old woman was a brilliant character and the creatures were cool. The scene when you first see them crawl out of the ground was great.
Old 25th October 2011, 09:54 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 late last night as I'm off to see the third one tonight. Still pretty enjoyable and scary even if the jump shock stuff gets a bit forumaulaic after a while. Was surprised how much of the 3rd one seems to be hinted at in the first two, if my suspicions are correct.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 25th October 2011, 10:14 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryJack View Post
Watched "Zombie Diaries 2". The acting and story were actually a lot better than I thought they'd be but the zombies were lame. I love slow moving zombies but these guys pretty much stood still!

Also watched "The Pack". I just love French horror at the moment and although this isn't the best film ever it had a great atmosphere and some nice moments. The old woman was a brilliant character and the creatures were cool. The scene when you first see them crawl out of the ground was great.
I also enjoyed The Pack. It stands out from the rest as its not the ususal bunch of high school brats in the cast.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I also enjoyed The Pack. It stands out from the rest as its not the ususal bunch of high school brats in the cast.
I won The Pack here on Cult Labs a while back...I still have yet to watch it, Should do that sometime soon!
Old 25th October 2011, 03:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just had a double bill of kids films with my boys. Flushed Away first, excellent Aardman film with a great cast of voices followed by Wall:E, even though the title character is a rip off of Jonny 5 from the Short Circuit films, still a highly enjoyable film as is to be expected from Pixar, I'm yet to see a bad film from them.

Sometimes, dead is better
platostotal likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th October 2011, 06:12 PM
Cultist

Watched The Last Circus the other night, absolutely insane. Wonderful Blu. Easily his most polished film to date. Hopefully it will sell well and lead to more of his films getting awesome high def releases.
Old 25th October 2011, 10:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

what did i watch hmmm....

A Christmas Carol: the new Version directed by Robert Zemekis, boring as chuff, just a straight version of the book and the mocap animation was just creepy, there was no heart in the film, I'll be sticking to the muppet version from now on.

Step Brothers: Normally cannot stand Will Ferrel but i find this film hysterical, i shouldn't but it's that dumb gross out childish comedy that you need sometimes.

The Quest: Jean Claude Van Damme directs this adventure film that's a cross between Mortal Kombat and Allan Quartermain. Dunno why this is an 18, there's barely any violence apart from the fight scenes, but they're really shot, good film though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!