Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Slippery Jack 27th October 2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 193170)
Oh, almost forgot I also picked up one of Cigarette Burns limited edition T-shirts that they print up for their events and this one was designed by this forum's very own Slippery Jack! I think you'll agree it looks pretty damn awesome: :nod:

Woo hoo! So at least one person bought one - that's good :lol:

What happened to the Videodrome design? I was looking forward to seeing that one . . .

Phurious 27th October 2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 193221)
Woo hoo! So at least one person bought one - that's good :lol:

What happened to the Videodrome design? I was looking forward to seeing that one . . .

Oh, there were a few purchases don't you worry.

No Videodrome one done though :tsk:

Daemonia 27th October 2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 193023)
Anyway, if you like documentaries this is a threat...

Why are you threatening people who like documentaries? :lol:

gag 27th October 2011 03:56 PM

I recorded all the tv series the fades just started watching it,
Not to bad better than i was expecting.

wongfeihung62 27th October 2011 04:58 PM

Just watched "Five Deadly Venoms" again. Always a pleasure to watch and with another informative commentary from the maestro Bey Logan.

pedromonkey 27th October 2011 05:35 PM

recently watched these....

The THING (1982) John Carpenter's version is far superior to the original, although that is still a great film. From the opening to the final scene, it's just masterfully crafted and Rob Botin's FX are unbelievable, the best ive ever seen. The Blu ray looks utterly fantastic and is definitely worthy of an upgrade from Doov'd.

Pretty In Pink (1982): never seen this before, enjoyed it. Good 80s teen comedy from the master of 80s teen comedies, John Hughes starring Molly Ringwald.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th October 2011 05:46 PM

Glad you enjoyed Pretty In Pink. I'd also recommend another John Hughes written film, Some Kind Of Wonderful starring Eric Stoltz, Lea Thompson and Mary Stuart Masterson. It's basically Pretty In Pink with the roles reversed.

Prince_Vajda 27th October 2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 193286)
The THING (1982) John Carpenter's version is far superior to the original, although that is still a great film.

The THING (1982): the original from 1951 is far superior to John Carpenter's version, although the latter is still a great film.

I took the liberty of correcting your sentence. It must have been a slight slip of the tongue, I guess? ;)

Greetings!

pedromonkey 27th October 2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 193346)
The THING (1982): the original from 1951 is far superior to John Carpenter's version, although the latter is still a great film.

I took the liberty of correcting your sentence. It must have been a slight slip of the tongue, I guess? ;)

Greetings!

how rude....lol, nah, i love the original but i feel Carpenters version is the better of the two, maybe because is the '82 version before the '51 version.

monkeyscreams 27th October 2011 09:50 PM

Eyes without a face (1960)
A real masterpiece this one, with some macabre scenes that you won't forget. And also a sad but wonderful story. I recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.