Like Tree179015Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2011, 11:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Just introduced the kids to "The Monster Squad", glad to say it didn't scare the bejesus out of them like "The Witches".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Love that film, it's about time we had a release in the UK, it contains a line of dialogue that never failed to have me in tears when I was younger-"Oh man, fat kid farted!" ha ha cracked me up every time
I just know you aren't quoting the Witches there.

There's me always thinking of Hammer, it could have been the Roald Dahl one MTDS was referring to.
Old 13th November 2011, 12:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just watched Maniac Cop on the Horror Channel, not that impressed TBH, felt like I was watching a bad TV movie. Don't think I'll be in any hurry to see it again

"They all float down here, they allll floaaaattt!!!"
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th November 2011, 12:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Just watched Maniac Cop on the Horror Channel, not that impressed TBH, felt like I was watching a bad TV movie. Don't think I'll be in any hurry to see it again

"They all float down here, they allll floaaaattt!!!"
I thought that when I first saw it too. It grew on me though!
I now love it, I think Maniac Cop 3 might be the best (Or 2, I can't remember those that well. I just know I liked one of those more than the first)!!!!!
Old 13th November 2011, 01:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ive just watched 2 episodes of garth merangh darkplaces because ive heard so much about it..one word TERRIBLE utter utter shite...i can understand the humour of the way its acted but the whole thing is well i think to be honest i found it embarrasing to watch..utter utter dribble
Old 13th November 2011, 02:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

AT the moment i seem to be into watch short stories films etc any type inc animation etc can any one recommend me any to seek out and watch please
Thanks

Widrich Virgil - Copy Shop (2001).avi - YouTube

http://youtu.be/u1Dxn3VWOws

here two i just enjoyed watching recently

Last edited by gag; 13th November 2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 13th November 2011, 02:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
AT the moment i seem to be into watch short stories films etc any type inc animation etc can any one recommend me any to seek out and watch please
Thanks
How about the Short Films of David Lynch?
You can get the DVD box set of all his short films on eBay for a reasonable price (I'm sure you could on Amazon too)
Old 13th November 2011, 02:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just watching Easy Rider on Blu-ray, man it feels like I'm on drugs watching it. Thoroughly enjoying it though, this is what I wanted the boring overated Two Lane Blacktop to be like.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
bdc likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 13th November 2011, 03:06 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Just watched The Wizard of Oz (1939) on Blu Ray. Stunning! Then watched some of the extras, culminating in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1910), which, for a 13 minute silent film featured some excellent special effects, great costumes, was pretty faithful to Baum's story and held my attention throughout (unlike the silent Shakespeare plays from a decade earlier which, quite frankly, are very hard to digest, even at 2-5 minutes in length).

Great entertainment!
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 13th November 2011, 08:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched torso never seen it before. ..Completely bored me i got so bored at times i fats forward..
sjconstable likes this.
Old 13th November 2011, 08:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Just watching Easy Rider on Blu-ray, man it feels like I'm on drugs watching it. Thoroughly enjoying it though, this is what I wanted the boring overated Two Lane Blacktop to be like.
Oooof! That's a hardcore negative summation of Two Lane Blacktop, but I'm a big fan of it

I bought Easy Rider on blu but have yet to watch it even though I've seen it before, I'm looking forward to it again.

I think they're very different films really. I'd say that ER is political and has a definite message about America, whereas TLB is definitely more of an existential and ambiguous movie, which could translate as boring I guess
Prince_Vajda likes this.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage

Like this? Share it using the links below!