All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179480Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2011, 02:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Held a screening in a warehouse with Sam@cultlabs last night which went well, we watched Streets Of Fire, Phantom Of The Paradise and Trick Or Treat. Had to cut it short though as it was getting cold. Got home and watched American Pop, Ralph Bakshi's animated film that traces 4 generations of one family through different era's of music. It's a stunning film and quite powerful too.

I love American Pop.Huge Ralph Bakshi fan here
Phurious likes this.
Old 19th November 2011, 03:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Machete. Great film which was real fun to watch. My only gripe would be that the whole film wasn't filmed with the old grainy effect seen at the beginning.
Old 19th November 2011, 04:06 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Machete. Great film which was real fun to watch. My only gripe would be that the whole film wasn't filmed with the old grainy effect seen at the beginning.
I was glad it wasn't!
Old 19th November 2011, 05:34 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Watched Terminator Salvation last night. There's so much in it that annoys me (the constant references to things in the previous filmes especially dialogue and the awful 'give you my heart' corny ending) but I do find this film really enjoyable. Probably the only modern big budget blockbuster-type film I own on bluray too and it looks fantastic. Anton Yelchin's so impressive as Kyle Reese too - the way he gets the voice right is brilliant.

Followed it up with The Terminator. Hadn't seen it for years - just immense.
Old 19th November 2011, 05:41 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Watched Terminator Salvation last night. There's so much in it that annoys me (the constant references to things in the previous filmes especially dialogue and the awful 'give you my heart' corny ending) but I do find this film really enjoyable. Probably the only modern big budget blockbuster-type film I own on bluray too and it looks fantastic. Anton Yelchin's so impressive as Kyle Reese too - the way he gets the voice right is brilliant.

Followed it up with The Terminator. Hadn't seen it for years - just immense.
THE TERMINATOR was and still is a classic
T2 is one of my fave films of all time, just brilliant and imo Cameron's best film
but when Cameron left the franchise, it went down hill
the 3rd film was crap and a family friendly one at that as is the McG (he's a
shitty director) film
imo the films should have the violence, I don't mean go ott, but not like the boring TERMINATOR SALVATION
Old 19th November 2011, 05:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
T2 is one of my fave films of all time, just brilliant and imo Cameron's best film
shitty director) film
imo the films should have the violence, I don't mean go ott, but not like the boring TERMINATOR SALVATION
Ah, y'see I thought Salvation was quite competently directed. There were some really dynamic action scenes in it and the handheld style really worked I thought. Each to their own of course

T3 was a right pile of poop though, I agree with that. A family-friendly retread of T2. The only thing good about it was the ending but not enough to justify the prior 90 minutes. Killing off Sarah offscreen was just weak as well.
Old 19th November 2011, 05:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
shitty director) film
I didn't really mind three too much. I like Nick Stahl as an actor and have always had love for Arnie, so it wasn't a chore to watch it.
I'd say T2 is as family friendly as the third, although there aren't enough family orientated movies that end with armageddon

I haven't watched T2 for years as I OD'd on it in my teens and to be honest I still rankle at the 'hasta la vista' and 'thumbs up' nonsense, but the T1000 is one of the coolest baddies of all time.

I couldn't make it through Salvation. It was a lacklustre affair, that had more in common with Cameron's odious Avatar - effects laden, forced drama and Sam 'carved from wood with a wind up key in my back' Worthington ie. boring as hell; surely the biggest crime any film maker can commit?

At the end of the day The Terminator remains my favourite Cameron by far, but as you may guessed, I'm not a Cameron fan so there's not much to go on there really.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 19th November 2011, 06:02 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

T2 is a fantastic film, great sfx, inspired by THE ABYSS, which was a bore I have to say. as was AVATAR, one of the most overrated films ever!
got the T2 R1 ult ed. and UK blu ray
the best in the series imo
Old 19th November 2011, 06:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
T2 is a fantastic film, great sfx, inspired by THE ABYSS, which was a bore I have to say. as was AVATAR, one of the most overrated films ever!
got the T2 R1 ult ed. and UK blu ray
the best in the series imo
Yeh, I should go back and watch it again, it must be 12 years or so since I last saw it.
There's a longer version than the theatrical release isn't there?

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 19th November 2011, 06:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THE TERMINATOR is one of the greatest films ever made. TERMINATOR 2 is good but loses points for being cheesy. Part 3 and SALVATION are average.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!