Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Halloween_22 13th September 2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 13818)
Mother of Tears cost me 16 quid in Belfast HMV.
Seem's like we pay a few quid extra over here.

How much was the HG Lewis set Hal.

HG Lewis set was 20 quid Vips. Not bad at all really. They must have just got it in stock or something as I went in a day or so ago to pick up WSHD and they didn't have it then. I originally picked up a Demonic Toys boxset of 4 films for the same price but changed my mind when I saw the HG Lewis one. Reckon I probably made the right decision there ;)

vipco 16th September 2008 01:13 AM

Yeah mate, i'd say the HG Lewis was the better option.

One time I looked in HMV , the HG Lewis collection was being sold of as single dvd's at 12 notes each, as was some of the Franco collection.
I got 2000 maniacs, 2 Franco's and the awefull LHODES.
LHODES cost me 17 quid. I dont know why I bought it as I had a pirate vhs I bought @ 94 for a fiver so I knew it was crap.

Halloween_22 16th September 2008 11:06 AM

I quite liked LHODES :blush: I was expecting it to be really crap but quite enjoyed it. I don't know, I usually like films that are about snuff movies, maybe thats why. Think it cost me about the same amount, 17/18 quid, something like that.

TALL DUDE 16th September 2008 01:01 PM

Just ordered some brett piper flicks from amazon. Psyclops,bite me and the screaming dead.
Also ordered some low budget zombie flick,dorm of the dead,starring tiffany shepis and a dutch import of the killer cockroach movie,the nest. Yowza!

Plus loads of cheap 80's hair metal cds.:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th September 2008 11:09 PM

I Know Who Killed Me=i Know What's Just Wasted 100 Mins Of My Time......;) Ms Lohan didn't even have the graciousness to get her kit off....lol

TALL DUDE 17th September 2008 11:48 AM

More amazon bargains..violence in a womans prison(vipco) and masters of horror series2-box 2,?2.33 and ?9.19 apiece(plus p+p of course):cool:

vipco 17th September 2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 13952)
I quite liked LHODES :blush: I was expecting it to be really crap but quite enjoyed it. I don't know, I usually like films that are about snuff movies, maybe thats why. Think it cost me about the same amount, 17/18 quid, something like that.

I like any movie with a 'snuff' theme too Hardcore, 8mm, etc , but I didnt like LHODES for some reason.

Theres some good books on the subjact Hal, though all claim that a snuff movie were the actress / actor was deliberately killed for the camera and was made for distribution and comerical gain, has never been found. Thank God.

Im not into those fake snuff films though. Seen a couple and they're seriously disturbed shit.

Halloween_22 17th September 2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 14034)
I like any movie with a 'snuff' theme too Hardcore, 8mm, etc , but I didnt like LHODES for some reason.

Theres some good books on the subjact Hal, though all claim that a snuff movie were the actress / actor was deliberately killed for the camera and was made for distribution and comerical gain, has never been found. Thank God.

Im not into those fake snuff films though. Seen a couple and they're seriously disturbed shit.

I'll have to check out some of those books vip's, cheers. It really fascinates me too.
As for those fake snuff movies, yeah, some of them are really ****ed up, the August Underground sequels for example. Mordum was pretty stupid but the home invasion scene in Penance was truly horrible and far too realistic. I recently bought Bernard Rose's 'Snuff Movie' aswell but haven't got round to watching yet.

8MM was a great film, really enjoyed that. I can see why a lot of people don't like LHODES as it was a bit boring but it had a really grimey, sleazey feel to it that I quite liked, not to mention some pretty messed up scenes (The deer hoof one for example :ack:)

Paul@TheOverlook 17th September 2008 01:11 PM

Bought a few bits recently:

THE FALL (US Blu-ray)
MAGNUM FORCE (UK Blu-ray)
THE ENFORCER (UK Blu-ray)
SUDDEN IMPACT (UK Blu-ray)
THE DEAD POOL (UK Blu-ray)
NEW CENTURIONS (R1)
DOLLARS (R1)
GONE (R2)
WAZ (R2)
REC (R2)
THE CABLE GUY (Uncut R2)
MARIA FULL OF GRACE (R2)
M. BUTTERFLY (R2)

Not had the chnace to watch any of them yet though :(

vipco 17th September 2008 04:15 PM

Paul do you know if Dawn of the dead and Land of the Dead are gonna get a UK release on BluRay .?

Also do you know if the UK PS3 will play US BluRay's.?

Final question, Do you know if The Fog on BluRay is of good quality, as a mate has it on HD DVD and its average at best.

Sorry for all the questions mate.

trench 17th September 2008 05:21 PM

REC's a gem Paul, I recommend everyone check it out if they get the chance.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th September 2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 14044)
Bought a few bits recently:

THE FALL (US Blu-ray)
MAGNUM FORCE (UK Blu-ray)
THE ENFORCER (UK Blu-ray)
SUDDEN IMPACT (UK Blu-ray)
THE DEAD POOL (UK Blu-ray)
NEW CENTURIONS (R1)
DOLLARS (R1)
GONE (R2)
WAZ (R2)
REC (R2)
THE CABLE GUY (Uncut R2)
MARIA FULL OF GRACE (R2)
M. BUTTERFLY (R2)

Not had the chnace to watch any of them yet though :(

Let us know what ol' Dirty Harry looks like in Hi Def Paul.......:woot:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th September 2008 05:52 PM

Just recieved the AWE versions of SHOGUN ASSASSIN and THE LAST JAWS....Shogun Assasin in anamorphically enhanced heaven at last.....;)

trench 17th September 2008 10:10 PM

A mate has an R0 Thai boxset of all six Lone Wolf and Cub films, original language with English subs, completely remastered. The prints are absolutely stunning. When I went to pick one up, neither of us could find a copy online anywhere (he got it off ebay). Must get the barcode / cat. number off him actually.

Needless to say I made 1:1 copies of them.

Edited to add : apparently the prints mentioned above are pretty much the same as the ones contained in this set : http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/19245...ox-set/?ID=242

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th September 2008 10:40 PM

2019 AFTER THE FALL OF NEW YORK-feckin hilarious:rofl:
Those Italian cityscape model makers,bet George Lucas was shittin' himself...:rofl:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th September 2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 14090)
A mate has an R0 Thai boxset of all six Lone Wolf and Cub films, original language with English subs, completely remastered. The prints are absolutely stunning. When I went to pick one up, neither of us could find a copy online anywhere (he got it off ebay). Must get the barcode / cat. number off him actually.

Needless to say I made 1:1 copies of them.

Edited to add : apparently the prints mentioned above are pretty much the same as the ones contained in this set : http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/19245...ox-set/?ID=242

I'm used to seeing the top quality Vipco prints mate :D 4:3 with half the bloody action missing or their widescreen version supplied with binoculars and thats on a 42'' screen......:rofl:
So this AWE version will be a treat!:)

Paul@TheOverlook 18th September 2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 14056)
Let us know what ol' Dirty Harry looks like in Hi Def Paul.......:woot:

Will do, mate. The first film looks very good for a film of its age. Obviously, the image quality isn't going to compare with the likes of the latest blockbusters but it still looks ace. Warner seems to do a very good job of remastering their older films in hi def; 2001, THE SHINING and ENTER THE DRAGON are alos great examples of older films that look excellent.

Matt 18th September 2008 02:56 PM

I picked up the HG Lewis box online recently but am yet to see any of the films. Also go Grindhouse Trailer Classics 2 which, whilst not as good as the first one, is a good time. Inspired me to finally get round to ordering the 42nd Street Forever DVD (the first one, although I'll probably pick up the rest at some point).

vipco 18th September 2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 14092)
I'm used to seeing the top quality Vipco prints mate :D 4:3 with half the bloody action missing or their widescreen version supplied with binoculars and thats on a 42'' screen......:rofl:
So this AWE version will be a treat!:)

I think the VIPCO WS release of Shogun Assasin is dead on Reap's, I have the standard screen release as well from VIPCO , but the version I always watch is the WS release. Fantastic.
And my telly's only 37".

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th September 2008 06:35 PM

I must have a different version then-it's a tiny strip with huge black bars either side.....and no I don't need to adjust the pic format 'afore anyone asks....;)

vipco 18th September 2008 07:57 PM

Yep, thats the one mate.
I know it's tiny, I just like it.
It is small though is'nt it. LOL

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th September 2008 08:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It is mate....:D

Here's my latest acquisitions.....;)

Halloween_22 18th September 2008 11:35 PM

Went into town earlier and picked up Outpost, Hatchet, Harsh Times, The Tripper, Rise of the footsoldier, REC and Shrooms Out of the bunch Harsh Times is the only one I've seen so far so they should keep me busy for a bit. :D Really looking forward to Outpost.

TALL DUDE 19th September 2008 01:20 PM

Ordered,what have they done to your daughters,shameless release(of course)Only ?5.99 at play.

Also ordered the red edition of frozen scream(thought this was oop) for a ?10

Plus dead silence(4 quid) and olaf ittenbachs garden of love(6 quid) Bloody yowza!!!:cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th September 2008 05:28 PM

Also went and picked up OUTPOST after work today HAL,Zombies and Nazis-can't go wrong.....;)

Halloween_22 19th September 2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 14217)
Also went and picked up OUTPOST after work today HAL,Zombies and Nazis-can't go wrong.....;)

Sounds like a winning combination to me mate :D

My sister passed on something called 'The Tatooist' to me today. She got an advanced copy from the website she reviews on and said I might like it. Anyone seen it, I think it's already out on R1. Gonna give it a bash tonight.

vipco 20th September 2008 03:51 PM

Got a package from a mate with,
A Bay of Blood.
2019 ATFONY
Basket Case.
Childs Play R1
The Beast Must Die. with Horror legend Peter Cushing
Sleepy Hollow, with the ever pretty Jonny Depp.

So im a VERY happy chappy, plus another mate just picked up Deep River Savages.

Im frightened to tempt fate and say life's good, but with those to watch, it kinda is.

cloud 22nd September 2008 03:50 PM

Just got back from the Wales then spent the weekend in Blackpool. I've really missed the internet and DVDs :(. I've returned with some goodies though and here's what I picked up:

The Rats (aka Deadly Eyes, 1982) with the lovely Lesleh Donaldson (Curtains, Happy Birthday To Me, Funeral Home). She's soooo good looking, I'd seriously leave my wife for her. Shame she didn't act in more horror films too as she was a real '80s "Scream Queen". Yowza!
Oh yeah, as for the film, it's pretty rare I think and I found it for a squid in a Charity Shop.

I also picked up six "23rd Century" DVDs from Blackpool for a squid each :woot:. I gots me Atomic Cyborg: Fists of Steel, Clash of the Warlords (both Post-Apocalyptic), Fugitive Alien (Sci-Fi Action), Dilemma (Thriller w/ a young Demi Moore), Captain Kidd (Swashbuckling Adventure) and Days of Fury (Documentary w/ Vincent Price). I made it my personal mission to leave there with at least one 23rd Century disc. So after the Super Sunday clash I looked high and low but found zilch. Then just as I had lost hope I found a small shop with two small boxes full of them :cool:. Yowza!

And upon returning home I found The Final Terror (Pre-Cert), Welcome To Arrow Beach (VHS), as well as a few R1 DVDs.

It's good to be home :cool:.

vipco 22nd September 2008 04:10 PM

Did you do the Ali G thing on any Welsh locals Cloud.?

cloud 22nd September 2008 04:16 PM

Hahaha, nah I didn't. In truth I could barely understand a word half of them said, they have some strong accents there and have a habit of switching from English to Welsh.

TALL DUDE 22nd September 2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 14305)
Hahaha, nah I didn't. In truth I could barely understand a word half of them said, they have some strong accents there and have a habit of switching from English to Welsh.

Aye,and thats just the sheep.:rofl:

Good to have ya back.Did you try bonny street market for 23rd century discs?
They had quite a few when i was down in august.

Was in woolies today,and all their chart dvds are 9.90 or less,so picked up outpost,day of the dead(remake) and feast.Also picked up dark corners for 4.99.
Yowza!

Halloween_22 22nd September 2008 05:09 PM

I've gotta say, I wasn't too blown away by Outpost. I was really looking forward to seeing those good old nazi zombies return to our screens but the whole thing felt a bit lacklustre, it could have been so good but it just never seemed to get going. It had some pretty decent death scenes though, and that always helps ;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd September 2008 05:42 PM

Sorry Hal,I disagree there mate,I thought the Nazi zoms in their regallia and green faces were great!
I think the slow build up was intentional-if we'd seen the zoms/ghosts from the word go,then we'd have had just another zombie gorefest.
I thought it was atmospheric IMHO.......:)

cloud 22nd September 2008 06:09 PM

I dunno the street names to be honest. But I did find one opposite KFC, a little gift shop/newsagents type thingy. I'm well happy to have upped my 23rd Century collection to 11. Only cool dudes collect 23rd Century baaabbbbbeeeeh! :cool:

EDIT: thanks for the kind words by the way about my return.

Halloween_22 22nd September 2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 14317)
Sorry Hal,I disagree there mate,I thought the Nazi zoms in their regallia and green faces were great!
I think the slow build up was intentional-if we'd seen the zoms/ghosts from the word go,then we'd have had just another zombie gorefest.
I thought it was atmospheric IMHO.......:)

The Nazi zombies did look great and really stole the show every time they were on screen. It was just the film as a whole I was a bit disappointed with. Sorry mate. I was kind of expecting a zombie gorefest, maybe thats why I was disappointed :D

bedorca 22nd September 2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 14321)
I dunno the street names to be honest. But I did find one opposite KFC, a little gift shop/newsagents type thingy. I'm well happy to have upped my 23rd Century collection to 11. Only cool dudes collect 23rd Century baaabbbbbeeeeh! :cool:

EDIT: thanks for the kind words by the way about my return.

I agree. 23rd Century DVD's rock :woot:

They are getting as rare as rocking horse shit now..........unless you own a coastal bargain store :rofl:

Mojo 22nd September 2008 07:42 PM

Nude For Satan ( Redemption USA )
Words can't really begin to describe this one, but if you've seen The Devil's Wedding Night, you'll know what to expect. Utterly bonkers :D

Scream...And Die!
Finally got to see this one from Jose ( Vampyres ) Larraz on US dvd. Quite slow moving and probably a bit overlong (nearly 100 mins ). It's certainly no Vampyres ( what is? ) but it's enjoyable in its own right and, indeed, plays like a Giallo at times. Unfortunately the dvd cover is a bit of a giveaway as to the identity of the killer. D'oh!

:)

Halloween_22 22nd September 2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud (Post 14299)
I made it my personal mission to leave there with at least one 23rd Century disc. So after the Super Sunday clash I looked high and low but found zilch. Then just as I had lost hope I found a small shop with two small boxes full of them :cool:. Yowza!

If your ever in Leeds cloud, check out Leeds market. It's a bloody gold mine for 23rd Century dvd's. I bought a few from there a while back Mausoleum, Freaky Fairytales and Massacre at Central High. Theres a stall that always has four boxes full of them for a quid each. The corner shop on the end of my street has just started stocking them aswell, they dont have any horror though unfortunatley, just naff looking action films.

cloud 23rd September 2008 02:48 PM

I dunno if I'd ever dare step foot in Leeds. I used to go out with a lass in Wakefield and I whenever I'd go out I'd have some really bitter Leeds Utd supporters shouting abuse at me whenever I wore a Man Utd shirt.

By the way if you don't already have it then get "The Chilling". It's a very rare Nazi Zombie film yet to get an official DVD release.

Halloween_22 23rd September 2008 03:05 PM

Cheers mate, I'll look out for that one next time i'm down there. The market's always good for finding obscure stuff, luckily the stall owners dont seem to realise though and sell them off for 50p or a quid each. Recently picked up Popcorn, Burial Ground, Fade to Black (on vhs), Violence in a Woman's Prison, Dollman and Bronx Warriors 1 & 2 down there all dirt cheap :cool:

Fair point about Leeds :D One of my mates is a huge Man utd fan and he takes some right abuse sometimes from Leeds fans when were at the pub and what not and he's wearing their shirt. Were not all like that, promise ;) lol.