Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th April 2009 08:16 PM

Yesterday I watched;
ARMY OF SHADOWS-Excellent drama about the French resistance.

CHILDREN-Highly entertaining and often shocking modern reworking of Bloody Birthday etc.Recommended!

Marc Morris 20th April 2009 08:52 PM

VIVA! - My film of the year so far. Absolutely fabulous homage to the films of Radley Metzger and the likes of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls etc. I loved it. I've seen it three times already! Make sure you see this!

jim corrupt 21st April 2009 06:55 PM

came into possession of two old WB hammer horror collection VHS today

Taste the blood of Dracula & Dracula Prince of Darkness

also added a couple more old copies of Jedi and Empire to the collection :woot:

gag 21st April 2009 07:13 PM

Just watched Outpost while i enjoyed it i couldnt help thinking it reminded me off the Bunker and Deathwatch

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 22nd April 2009 03:29 PM

I've been meaning to see Outpost, gag, haven't gotten around to it yet. Didn't you like Deathwatch then?

I watched my first manga film last night (well 2 actually) unless you count The Pokemon Movie as manga! Watched Blood: The Last Vampire which was alright - but and had it's moments, as well as Dead Leaves which was ABSOLUTLY AMAZING! So crazy - it was mad. I need to get me that! :p

eiren 22nd April 2009 03:40 PM

Thought Outpost was really dire to be honest. I wanted Nazi zombies, damnit!

Dead Snow was much more entertaining.

gag 22nd April 2009 03:53 PM

Thought Outpost was ok to watch
Yes didnt mind Deathwatch i got it in my dvd collection
Just Outpost reminded me of them 2 films.
Havent seen dead snow yet is it actualy any good ?

Just got round to watching suicide club what a pile of crap :(
I like the jap horror and action but i not be in any rush to watch the sequel to suicide club it was Pants with a capital p :rofl:

Mojo 22nd April 2009 06:12 PM

Went a bit mental and watched Optimum's new Fu Manchu double bill.

Castle Of Fu Manchu was great fun, with all it's explosions, stock footage and, of course Chris Lee. And Rosalba Neri ;)

Blood Of.. on the other hand, was plain awful. Chris Lee + Co disappeared quarter way through to be replaced by what was basically a Western with lots of sweaty men with beards shooting at each other and laughing. Naff.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 22nd April 2009 10:30 PM

COOL IT CAROL- another Walker British gem.:)

Pete 23rd April 2009 09:12 AM

Cool it Carol is my fave Pete Walker film:)