Like Tree179038Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2012, 07:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I prefer Hitch Hke to all of em'.
Hitch-Hike's a good film, but I'm not a fan of Corinne Clery, and Franco Nero was more convincing in Django.

Greetings!
Old 17th March 2012, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

SEED OF CHUCKY - Had this on dvd for AGES but never watched until last night and I found it really enjoyable and Jennifer Tilly is gorgeous.

Also made to watch the latest TWILIGHT by niece and, as with the others, it was utter shit.
Hawkmonger likes this.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 17th March 2012, 07:35 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
I honestly think Craven's original was overrated
when I first saw the uncut dvd years ago I was disappointed and imo its dated since
the remake was better and of course made for the MTV crowd a la DAWN OF THE DEAD remake etc
I read the remakes rape scene had people walking out of the cinemas!
what were thet expecting...a family film?? There are many more films which have a far more disturbing scenes of rape shown
having said that about the LHOTL remake I wouldn't necessarily buy it
The rape scene in the original had such a realistic impact that i think holds up well even now in the way of making me feel uncomfortable. The actresses in that film had a real feeling of fear while making the film which translates so well on screen.
Old 17th March 2012, 07:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Also made to watch the latest TWILIGHT by niece and, as with the others, it was utter shit.
Niece..... Yeah right! You watched it on your own Pete.
Old 17th March 2012, 08:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

GAMERA THE BRAVE and GODZILLA VS MEGAGUIRAS.
bdc likes this.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 17th March 2012, 09:59 PM
Cult Addict

Insidius. Now I remember why I never finished this film first time round. Every second something threatens to make me soil myself! Great film.

DVD and BD collection
Old 17th March 2012, 10:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Insidius. Now I remember why I never finished this film first time round. Every second something threatens to make me soil myself! Great film.
Still haven't watched my copy yet.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 17th March 2012, 10:53 PM
Cult Addict

RED STATE. I enjoyed this a lot though I could have done without the comedy ending which frankly ruined it for me.

CHANBARA STRIPTEASE. Bleeding dreadful, however it does have a woman blocking a sword blade with her naked breasts and firing a sword from her cleavage, other than that, utter tosh.

HELLSING. Okayish anime about the British Government's fight against vampires.

PIRANHA 3D. Having not enjoyed this first time watching it, I thought I'd give it another go. Fun and undemanding.

CARNIVAL OF BLOOD. Like some hellish cross between H.G. Lewis and Andy Milligan with a few female escapees from an early John Water's film. This both irritated the shit out of me and hypnotised me with it's incessant scenes of talking that by the end, my mind most certainly wasn't in the same place as it was at the beginning. Nice fuzzed up psyche soundtrack with the odd forlorn folk song chucked in for good measure.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 17th March 2012, 11:04 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
The rape scene in the original had such a realistic impact that i think holds up well even now in the way of making me feel uncomfortable. The actresses in that film had a real feeling of fear while making the film which translates so well on screen.
I hated the last house on the left remake, not because it was a remake of the craven movie but like nightmare on elm street it was simply p*ss poor filmmaking.

Last house has certainly dated, basically its a nam movie with the central message that violence is bad in every form, even revenge. I think its brought low by the comic relief keystone cops stuff which is totally misjudged.

The remake was certainly a lot more technically proficient, it just had absolutely nothing to say and the final scene (with the microwave)felt like an afterthought and seemed to change the message to "hey violence can be ok and not at all dehumanising if the people deserve it!"

Honestly, watching the remake I felt nothing at all, its just an empty clean, sterile piece of commercial film making with nothing to say and nowhere to go. Totally soulless.

I will uspet a few people here and say I enjoyed the I spit on your grave remake though!
Old 17th March 2012, 11:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just watched a modern classic again. - The Firm.

People are going to berate me (maybe) but Tom Cruise really doesn't make bad films.
sawyer6 and Nordicdusk like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!