Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179482Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As my lovely mate left behind his Critierion Videodrome, finally watched it last night. STUNNING picture (well on my crappy tv, so i can imagine what itl look like on my other mates 42" HDer )
Still say tis Woods' finest hour....a shame to see him reduced to one note snarling in that piece of shit Straw Dogs remake etc.....an unsettling and silly film (if you can't suspend your disbelief whilst watching THIS film, why are you here??)
Prescient in SO many ways, i still say Scanners has the bigger impact as a whole, but this is a more accomplished work on so many levels.
RECOMMENDED to those who haven't seen it, and those whove only seen the awful CIC print from years ago, and those who have it sitting in their collection (you know, just SITTING there....nae on my watch etc)

aaaand i also watched Aenigma. It hasn't aged well. Oh well.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Dorian Gray with Colin Firth in it, it was good
Old 22nd March 2012, 01:02 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Its a hoot. Id also recommend Alien Apocalypse then
seen it, loved it!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Criterion Godzilla - Japanese version on commentary.
Demoncrat likes this.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:26 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

SNOWTOWN. Utterly grim and depressing film based on the crimes of serial killer John Bunting. A difficult film to watch due to subject matter and the unrelenting atmosphere of menace and despair from start to finish. Imagine "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" crossed with "Kes" and you're half way there. Essential viewing, a classic in waiting and highly recommended.
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
SNOWTOWN. Utterly grim and depressing film based on the crimes of serial killer John Bunting. A difficult film to watch due to subject matter and the unrelenting atmosphere of menace and despair from start to finish. Imagine "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" crossed with "Kes" and you're half way there. Essential viewing, a classic in waiting and highly recommended.
Very dark film indeed!
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Very dark film indeed!
You can say that again. It's left me feeling kind of empty inside and slightly restless.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
You can say that again. It's left me feeling kind of empty inside and slightly restless.
Restless,yes that's the feeling! Surely not the best film to watch if you want to visit Australia.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
As i ve said before, not an easy watch but also a more "cinematic" experience than ive seen in a good while, the lighting, sound design and the raw documenary like approach to the subject coalesce into a ultimately SHOCKING film. Unlike that mannered shite WNTTAK...yes, still haven't gotten over the fact that i could have seen ST instead, i'ts my rant and i'l sulk if i want to....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:11 AM
Cult Addict

GEFANGENE FRAUEN. Women get naked, touch themselves a lot and run round an island naked. Fun and sunny smut.

Like this? Share it using the links below!